shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Diamonds - where to buy?

ideal5555

Rough_Rock
Pricescope has influenced me to venture into the world of colored stones!

I'm trying to learn about them....and theres just so much info!

As another thread brought up "http://www.fancydiamonds.net/" I took a peek and oh boy they sure got a HUGE selection of colored diamonds! Can any ps'ers who have purchased from them comment on the items/service etc? I notice they are a international company? Any differences between that than the other vendors commonly seem on ps (usually only US based)?

:twisted:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
If you go to the Colored Stones Forum, the 3rd or 4th thread down is something like "Sites Selling Colored Gems"...a few sell diamonds. In general, the Colored Stones Forum may be a good resource.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ideal5555|1312773073|2986195 said:
Pricescope has influenced me to venture into the world of colored stones!

I'm trying to learn about them....and theres just so much info!

As another thread brought up "http://www.fancydiamonds.net/" I took a peek and oh boy they sure got a HUGE selection of colored diamonds! Can any ps'ers who have purchased from them comment on the items/service etc? I notice they are a international company? Any differences between that than the other vendors commonly seem on ps (usually only US based)?

:twisted:

I've bought around 20 and returned around 8 FCDs to that vendor, aka Leibish & Co.
I cannot recommend them strongly enough.
Them being based in Israel has never been a problem in 20 shipments.
Every single time they arrive just as fast and reliably as if they were shipped from anywhere in the USA.
I don't know where you are but I'm in USA and there has never been customs/duty tax when getting FCDs shipped from them in Israel.

Leibish has great service, huge inventory, and great return policy too.
I am a photographer (I took this pic) and feel that Leibish has very true to life pics.
I consider photography ethics hugely important when selecting an online vendor for FCDs.

02FFFcd.png

ideal5555

Rough_Rock
Thank u Kenny for your input.

For someone new to the colored diamond world, is there any sellers you could possibly recommend?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe a PS vendor called "icestore" also sells colored diamonds, as well as bluntly. Check out the links in the resources section that says feature sponsor.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ideal5555|1312856365|2986895 said:
Thank u Kenny for your input.

For someone new to the colored diamond world, is there any sellers you could possibly recommend?

Yes, Leibish.
You don't have to buy 20.
They'll sell you just one.
Prices start at $225.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
file.png

Whoa. OMG.
:-o :-o :-o :-o :love:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
wow, kenny - That's a wonderful picture! 8-)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
Yes, I pinch myself every time I see them.
I can't believe it.
I'm a very lucky guy.

I share the pics to try to spread the love and appreciation of FCDs.
I hope more people will consider them.

They are so cool, even tiny FCDs.
In some ways my smallest (that little 8-point Fancy Intense Greenish Blue Pear) is my favorite.
It is like that first bite of a slice of good home made cheesecake that just makes your eyelids involuntarily droop and your eyes roll back into your head.

ideal5555

Rough_Rock
Kenny: trying to get in touch with you... and also to let you know I ended up getting a pair of champage earrings! :)
Beautiful as ever!

There is one confusion happening right now... its about Fedex & their duties/fees... I was informed by Leibish
they've got some form of free trade agreement between them and the USA... so buyers are assured no taxes are charged.. so far... I suspect I may have recieved a invoice for the duty (for my recent fcd purchase) - I HOPE its not....but I'm just starting to worry!
Do you have any experience or insight on this trade agreement?

Thank you!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ideal5555|1316300609|3019726 said:
Kenny: trying to get in touch with you... and also to let you know I ended up getting a pair of champage earrings! :)
Beautiful as ever!

There is one confusion happening right now... its about Fedex & their duties/fees... I was informed by Leibish
they've got some form of free trade agreement between them and the USA... so buyers are assured no taxes are charged.. so far... I suspect I may have recieved a invoice for the duty (for my recent fcd purchase) - I HOPE its not....but I'm just starting to worry!
Do you have any experience or insight on this trade agreement?

Thank you!!!

This is the first I've heard of it.
I'm in America and have made around 20 purchases from Leibish.
I just pay Leibish their price and get my FCDs.
Nobody has ever contacted me about collecting any additional duty/tax/customs, never, zip, nada!

Are you in USA?

What did you buy?
Pics please.
I LOVE pics.

Can't wait to see photos of what you purchased! :cheeky:

Yssie|1312858014|2986914 said:
file.png

Whoa. OMG.
:-o :-o :-o :-o :love:
I know, right!?!
Kenny, your color collection is to die for! :cheeky:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I believe there is no duty on loose stones coming into the US. However if the stones are in jewelry I think you may have duty on them if the value is more than ???.

Annette

ideal5555

Rough_Rock
Thank you for popping by Kenny! Yes, it's was going to the USA. I'm not home at the moment but had my cousin open the Fedex letter for me..and "phew" was just an explanation of the order they said. No money oweing! :appl: Now my earrings...we are shy... I will "try' to get a photo after they go through their bi-monthly ultrasonic cleaning hehe...

And thank you Annette... what you mention maybe very true also! as Kenny has been ordering loose stones & I ordered jewellry already made... very possible they were wanting to tax it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point.
Yes, I have only bought loose stones from Israel, no jewelry and nothing from other countries.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results