shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored diamond regret(?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
NOOOO, don''t change it! I saw some previous threads of yours. Did you ever get around to taking clean hand shots?
3.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I adore your ring and wouldn''t change a thing. My dream ring is a blue diamond asscher -- I''ll probably settle on an asscher cut aquamarine or pale saphire RHR someday to have a little bit of "the look" that your gorgeous ring has.

If you want a bit more clear bling, it would be great to have an anniversary band you could sometimes wear in place of your plain platinum band so you have options. I think channel set clear asschers, carre or french cut diamonds would look great with your blue asscher.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 6:10:07 AM
Author: DearBuddha
Date: 4/15/2009 10:40:27 PM

Author: purrfectpear

I don''t care for irradiated blue diamonds because the color is so obviously man made. I do like natural pinkish or pale yellow diamonds though.

Normally I would see your point with irradiated blue diamonds. I''ve seen some that are a terrible brackish blue, and obviously man-made.

However, while my blue stone is intense, it''s certainly not the same shade. It''s much, MUCH lighter. In fact, I''ve gone into many jewlery stores (including Tiffany/Cartier/Bvlgari, ect.) and the SAs refuse to believe it isn''t a natural blue stone, simply based on the color and size. They''ve asked to loupe it to see if they can find the laser mark, and some have a hard time seeing it.

So it certainly isn''t that I''m worried about it looking cheap or man-made. It''s far from a cheap diamond.

You are one classy lady! That was a great response.

I love your ring. Really love it. It is unique, which is my #1 criteria for a fabulous ring.

Like MadamBijoux said...maybe its time for a RHR project?
11.gif
31.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Miscka. I try, and really, a person''s preference is their own. I might voice my opinion in a nicer manner, however. But to each their own *shrugs*.

Thank you ladies so much. It''s very easy to be restless with the boing, esp. on this site. But your comments are very sweet and very appreciated.

Bottom line - I do love my ring. I love the effort my husband put into it, and I love that he was able to give me a fabulous colored stone and still be in the diamond family! Sometimes I think the uniqueness I''d it gives me pause, but it really is a gorgeous ring!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Late to the thread... I do not have a colored diamond ering but I do have a yellow sapphire as my center stone.
I do not think of my ring as trendy (even though the setting could be classified as such), and I think it will look just as beautiful in 20 or 30 years as it does now.
IMO colored stones do not make rings trendy since they have been used in ering stones for many years (mainly in Europe).

I love your ring, it is so beautiful and I wouldn''t change it... I agree with the other posters that said to get a all white diamond RHR... that is what I want too
1.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a colored diamond but on a regular basis I see rings on here and want them. They are so many gorgeous rings out there. It keeps me entertained but I have no plans to change mine. I think you might miss your gorgeous blue diamond. It is fun to look though
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I was just taking a look in old posts, your ring is very beautiful, and I don''t think that would look busy if you upgrade your wedding band for a diamond band.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely and you love it. It is wonderful, and unique, and it is all yours. Please don't worry about trendy. Your wedding set reflects who you were when you got married. Barring loss, damage, or a large change in finger size, frankly most people never change out their wedding set.

Ring fashions and styles are going to change. In a few years, people wearing skinny micropave rings with halos will have sets that look dated. But, IT DOESN'T MATTER. Your wedding set is your wedding set, and if you love it now, you will probably love it then, and it won't matter what the latest trend is. You will be so busy raising children, changing diapers, working with the PTA or home schooling, working on your career, updating your house...there are a billion things to do in this life and you probably will never even notice where the latest fashion in bridal jewelry has gone. You will have moved on.

Congratulations to you on your marriage, and to your wonderful hubby, and please continue to enjoy your sparkly blue diamond for many years to come.
35.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The style of your ring is timeless. What it does need, however, is a photography session...spring is here, the sky is blue... :)

There needs to be a diamond ring service like ''Bag, Borrow or Steal'', for PS folks to get a style change fix.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I think that all of the woman on PS go through these "questions" that most women do not have. PS''ers all love and lust over all the gorgeous settings we see on here and we wish we had 1000 fingers to wear them all!! I agree with the poster who said you should take a few days off PS. I had to do the same thing about a month ago because I was second guessing everything, and I am just allowing myself back on!! haha

Your ring is beautiful, and it was picked up for you by your husband... and it symbolizes what you wanted at the time of the engagement. I don''t think you need to worry about it ever being outdated. I think it will always be beautiful and eyecatching, and quite frankly, probably more of a conversation starter than most white diamonds!!

I keep looking at your avatar... it really is STUNNING!

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock
You''re ring is to die for. So gorgeous. I don''t think it''s too trendy either.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I''m mostly a lurker
31.gif
and I haven''t been on in a week or so, but when I was catching up "colored diamond" caught my eye.

I have a natural pink diamond e-ring. Well, actually it''s a "fancy brownish-pink" diamond, but whatever. Before my husband proposed, I knew he had bought a pink diamond, and I was very hesitant. I kept thinking "What if I don''t like it? What if I get sick of it? What if it doesn''t go with everything?" But I loved the fact that he had put so much effort into it (emerald cut--my favorite cut and pink--my favorite color), so I was determined to love it.

I''ve got to be honest--I didn''t at first (a fact he still doesn''t know). It''s a 1/3 of a carat and it was originally set as a solitaire in a setting that did it no justice. I wore it for over a year that way and the stone blended with my skin color and most people didn''t even see it.

BUT fortunately
11.gif
when we were looking for wedding bands, nothing I tried on looked good with it. I didn''t have to say much before he was talking about eventually getting a reset. It turned out that Jared''s had a square-halo semi-mount with two semi-eternity rings as a bridal set for not much money and it looked perfect with my stone, even though it''s emerald cut. So I got my reset and now it''s breathtaking. I get compliments on it all the time and I have to say that I love the looks on people''s faces when they ask what the stone is, or ask if it''s an amethyst, and I oh-so-casually reply, "It''s a pink diamond, actually."
27.gif
2.gif
And I love the fact that no one else in the world has a ring like mine.

Your ring is stunning. Seriously. I wouldn''t change a thing, but if you get tired of that setting, you can always have it redone. Your DH may be very attached to that diamond. Mine didn''t care about the setting but he would be devastated if I wanted a new stone. And there''s no way he would buy me one. I liked the anniversary band suggestion--I''m on the lookout for some stackers I can use on days I don''t feel comfortable wearing my ring or just want something different myself (all my bands are soldered together). Then you can have the best of both worlds
9.gif
12.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m late, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I love your ring! Its very unique.
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 5:28:53 PM
Author:DearBuddha
So I have a question for you ladies with colored diamonds.

When I was dropping hints to my husband as to what I''d want in an e-ring, I kept saying ''colored diamond!'' Well, my hints were received and I ended up with a gorgeous blue diamond. Now, I love my diamond and my husband did an amazing job on my ring, but recently I''ve been considering what my ring would look like with a clear diamond as the center stone.

I found a great pair of rhinestone asscher studs. A little kick in my brain had me holding the stud above my ring with a pair of tweezers (centered between the side stones), and with one eye closed, it looked as if my ring had a clear center diamond (does this make me weird?).

It looked gorgeous, and now I''m wondering if maybe I might end up regretting my e-ring. The blue diamond is so pretty, and the color really is TDF, but I worry it''ll look trendy or dated in several years.

Additionally, my current wedding band is a plain pipe cut platinum band. For our upcoming anniversary, my husband has promised to upgrade my ring to something with a little bling. I''m worried the colored diamond will make the new set look too busy.

Sorry for the rambling, but to get to the point, I want to know what you colored diamond ladies think? Are you worried your ring will look odd someday? Am I odd for thinking I''d maybe prefer a non-colored diamond? Have any of you switched a colored diamond out for a clear diamond and regretted it?

This is s20 questions, yes, but I''d really like to know if I''m in the minority here.
No, my bigger fear is that my ring will look like everyone else''s.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 9:03:56 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

When I was dropping hints to my husband as to what I''d want in an e-ring, I kept saying ''colored diamond!'' Well, my hints were received and I ended up with a gorgeous blue diamond. Now, I love my diamond and my husband did an amazing job on my ring, but recently I''ve been considering what my ring would look like with a clear diamond as the center stone.

I found a great pair of rhinestone asscher studs. A little kick in my brain had me holding the stud above my ring with a pair of tweezers (centered between the side stones), and with one eye closed, it looked as if my ring had a clear center diamond (does this make me weird?).

It looked gorgeous, and now I''m wondering if maybe I might end up regretting my e-ring. The blue diamond is so pretty, and the color really is TDF, but I worry it''ll look trendy or dated in several years.

Additionally, my current wedding band is a plain pipe cut platinum band. For our upcoming anniversary, my husband has promised to upgrade my ring to something with a little bling. I''m worried the colored diamond will make the new set look too busy.

Sorry for the rambling, but to get to the point, I want to know what you colored diamond ladies think? Are you worried your ring will look odd someday? Am I odd for thinking I''d maybe prefer a non-colored diamond? Have any of you switched a colored diamond out for a clear diamond and regretted it?

This is s20 questions, yes, but I''d really like to know if I''m in the minority here.

Wow, excellent response!! That really made me think.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 1:03:28 AM
Author: szh07
Date: 6/26/2009 9:03:56 PM

Author: tourmaline_lover

Wow, excellent response!! That really made me think.
Me, too!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results