shape
carat
color
clarity

Color vs Carat thoughts-did i make right decision?!

What one do you like??

• Total voters

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ereeg -

Good choice. 'Larger' is only better if you can actually see it, and any size difference between these 2 stones would be invisible. So, not worth paying the extra money.

PS does NOT sponsor WF. Multiple vendors advertise on PS, and WF is only one of many. They're not allowed to advertise their wares in the forums, tho, nor promote specific diamonds, nor comment on the wares of other vendors. The rules are pretty strict.

The HCA is free to use, so I'm not sure how one could interpret a kick-back there.

What we ARE used to is vendors unfamiliar with super-ideal cuts trying to persuade customers that 'the diamond I'm showing you is just as good!' Man, if we have heard that once, we've heard it thousands of times. Years of exposure will teach you, tho, that this is almost NEVER the case, and I'm pretty sure you'll see that when your stone arrives from WF.

I'm so glad you went with the G! A nice, white, diamond is a type of romance all its own. :))

Last edited:

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
186968DE-18BB-46B2-B46B-D78488FB69F4.jpeg After researching more (probably too much) does the light leakage (green spots on edge-“digging” I believe) concern you for overall light performance at all? Saw that could make it have an appearance of looking smaller due to less ledge to edge light return. Am I just overthinking things and is this a minute detail I wouldn’t see in real life?!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does look slightly dug out, but I wouldn't think it's a appreciable difference you'll notice in real life.

Find another WF diamond of similar size and proportion, see if they can pick them out on a blind teat or do a side by side difference. Almost certainly the answer will be, no we can't. Is it annoying on the highly magnified video, maybe a little? Is there a better alternative for your budget of size and carat? If not, this will be just fine!

I wouldn't go down in carat size or compromise on any of the 4Cs because of this detail.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does look slightly dug out, but I wouldn't think it's an appreciable difference you'll notice in real life.

Find another WF diamond of similar size and proportion, see if they can pick them out on a blind teat or do a side by side difference. Almost certainly the answer will be, no we can't. Is it annoying on the highly magnified video, maybe a little? Is there a better alternative for your budget of size and carat? If not, this will be just fine!

I wouldn't go down in carat size or compromise on any of the 4Cs because of this detail.

blind test* not teat. I wouldn't ask that or they might think you're after more than diamonds. I should really spell check before I post, this phone drives me insane.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
I would almost have to go down to an I color or smaller carat to get similar specs in ACA or bump the budget up another 1k+ which I’m not wanting to go that much more expensive (like the 1.324 I ACA from my original video is in budget but I color). From previous feedback, without knowing her color sensitivity and tolerance, the G is much safer than an I.

Sounds like small green light leakage on ASET is less of an issue than a more yellow diet, or noticeably smaller carat. I’m thinking this is going to still outperform most of not all brick and mortar option I have looked at-just wanted confirmation this isn’t really noticeable IRL. Thank you!

Last edited:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I would almost have to go down to an I color or smaller carat to get similar specs in ACA or bump the budget up another 1k+ which I’m not wanting to go that much more expensive (like the 1.324 I ACA from my original video is in budget but I color). From previous feedback, without knowing her color sensitivity and tolerance, the G is much safer than an I.

Sounds like small green light leakage on ASET is less of an issue than a more yellow diet, or noticeably smaller carat. I’m thinking this is going to still outperform most of not all brick and mortar option I have looked at-just wanted confirmation this isn’t really noticeable IRL. Thank you!

Just to repeat: the green spot is not light leakage.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
Just to repeat: the green spot is not light leakage.

Yeah I couldn’t find where that was mentioned previously, but I know someone did. but all of the research I have done says it is light leakage from 0 to 45°. Can you explain to me why this isn’t? The newbie trying to learn here :)

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
Never mind @kmoro I found it green spot is “less bright, different angle.” I guess I was interpreting that as light leakage but technically it’s just less light return. It is still however an impact on the overall performance, but likely negligible… I think.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing doesn't your diamond from WF have the same green (painting or digging I believe) that this diamond has? Do you notice it in real life at all?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing doesn't your diamond from WF have the same green (painting or digging I believe) that this diamond has? Do you notice it in real life at all?

Yes, my Whiteflash Expert Selection MRB does have the same thing in one spot (8 o’clock position). I absolutely cannot see it with my naked eye, and to be honest, I’m not sure I’d ever be able to identify it even with a loupe.

Here is my diamond’s ASET:
927CB1D7-071D-4302-A55F-B388BE242552.jpeg

I expressed concern about this area as well when I was considering my diamond, and I received the following helpful-to-me response:
The only defect I can see in this ES is the one area of crown only digging (always a bad thing), but isolated one small area. It's probably visually insignificant unless you were trained and had a long time in a variety of lighting to compare the two.

Best way is to ask WF if the ES is visually inferior as they can compare both stones.

For some people it might bother them having an ASET like that, particularly if they are paying a premium for H&A. If performance is your priority, it looks like a great compromise.

Here is a link to my thread where it was discussed if OP wants more info: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...your-ideal-super-ideal-diamonds.238444/page-2

And here is an article that explains Digging & Painting: https://www.pricescope.com/articles/visible_effects_painting_digging_superideal_diamonds

Last edited:

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
Yes, my Whiteflash Expert Selection MRB does have the same thing in one spot (8 o’clock position). I absolutely cannot see it with my naked eye, and to be honest, I’m not sure I’d ever be able to identify it even with a loop.

Here is my diamond’s ASET:
927CB1D7-071D-4302-A55F-B388BE242552.jpeg

I expressed concern about this area as well when I was considering my diamond, and I received the following helpful-to-me response:

Here is a link to my thread where it was discussed if OP wants more info: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...your-ideal-super-ideal-diamonds.238444/page-2

And here is an article that explains Digging & Painting: https://www.pricescope.com/articles/visible_effects_painting_digging_superideal_diamonds

Thank you for that!! It seems my diamond has the similar painting/digging (Still not really clear on the difference) just in 2 small spots instead of one like yours. You stating you cannot see it, and most people couldn’t, except maybe trained professional knowing where it was and comparing between other diamonds has alleviated my concern.

Like everything in my life, I obsess too much and second-guess my decisions! You should’ve seen how many houses my poor realtor had to show me until I finally decided-and then how many times I went back and forth in my mind on it before closing!

I really don’t want to change my choice again I think WF may fire me if I did :)

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for that!! It seems my diamond has the similar painting/digging (Still not really clear on the difference) just in 2 small spots instead of one like yours. Is stating you cannot see it and most people couldn’t except maybe train express knowing where it was and comparing between other diamonds has alleviated my concern. I really don’t want to change my choice again I think WF may fire me if I did :)

Yea, it’s not like it’s some crazy big, dark crystal inclusion ... it may be more realistic to think of it as an incredibly minuscule slightly different angled reflection in that spot, but in all honesty, I couldn’t tell you where on my diamond it is, and I have loupe that baby almost to the point of insanity, and I cannot see it with the loupe or naked eye in any light setting. Perhaps someone trained could point it out to me, but I would probably never be able to spot it again.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
You're putting so much thought and expertise discernment into your decision. Your mind and heart will help you choose the perfect stone. I'm sure she's going to be proud AND thrilled! PS WF has been awesome about my fickleness, that's why I keep tooting their horn. Such a pleasure to work with Vera, Brittany, Leon and the gang.:appl:

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
They have been good with me too, but I’m sure it’s annoying for me to be so back-and-forth! I’m excited to get this WF said about two weeks for delivery. I’m glad I went with G a bit smaller and a tiny green spot on the ASET-the color thing makes me nervous not knowing her preference. Although I would be absolutely shocked if I gave her an I colored stone (or ES VS ACA LOL) And she wanted to traded in for something else. I just don’t think she would ever say that or really feel that way. It’s more about me and what my mind thinks at this point for “mind clean.”

I saw in another thread somebody reserved the 1.324 I ACA I originally had picked and I’m very happy for them and hope they post pictures on here!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The green is not necessary less bright light return, it's just reflection of light at a lower angle (between 0 and 45 degrees). As most light sources are on the ceiling, you aim for majority red. It's really a non issue in such a small area. Older style vintage diamonds often have lots of green, designed to perform before we commonly had lights in the ceiling.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
That is what I was looking for, perfect exclamation! Thank you so much.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
*explanation

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results