shape
carat
color
clarity

Color or Clairty?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMNAMG

Rough_Rock
I''m considering a diamond purchase and need opinions on the issue below please.

Would you choose color over clairty? Here are the options I''m considering...

F, SI1 or
G, VS2

Thanks,

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
From the little I know these are very close.Maybe you can post more info on each and Im sure someone here will be able to put you in the right direction..If you have all 4c and all other info you may want to post more info...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
you left out the most important info, cut and price and how eyeclean the si1 is.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
If ALL factors are equal, I would probably choose the F SI-1 because color is more important to me than clarity. Can you see these in person, though? Like Scarleta said, this will likely be very close-you may see a difference or you may not.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Need cut info!

Otherwise, those two are very very close. To me, basicall the same diamond if everything else where equal.

DMNAMG

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
Please assume all other factors are equal. I just want to know which is most important for most, color or clarity.

Also, if I go with an SI1, I will most certainly make sure that it's eyeclean.
emwink.gif

Thanks.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a very personal issue. For me, colour is more important, all other things (particularly cut) being equal (provided the clarity is eye-clean and there are no obvious black carbons or feathers affecting durability).

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think it also depends upon the shape of the stone. I recently got an ACA RB that is G VS2. It is very white and clear. Just beautiful. That''s my criteria, with cut being the most important. YMMV
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your options are negligible... I''d probably go with clarity on this one. If the difference in color was greater I might make a different choice.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
F and G are so close that you really wouldn''t be able to tell the difference, I''d go with the G VS2 in all honesty.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d also go with G VS2, because VS2 is my minimum clarity. Obviously I''d rather have an F VS2 over a G VS2, if money were no object, but I just like not having to worry about whether a stone would be eyeclean or not. It might be different if I were viewing a selection of stones in person.

DMNAMG

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all of your replies....

Looks like most prefer clarity over color. Since there is no real noticable difference between F/G, I would most likely go with a RB, G VS2.

FYI...I will be setting the diamond in a Platinum setting for my wife.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know... since the colo and clarity is so negligible, perfect opportunity to let the individual personalities tilt your preference. So many other factors play a roll in how a diamond performs that even if they are both equal in quality, look at things like the LGF and crown angles as well as just use your eyes to see which you favor on the BIG C which is cut :)

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
how eyeclean the si1 is.
Storm good point thanks (to me they all are eye clean.) Lucky me...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the cut is equal and the SI1 is eye clean, I prefer color over clarity, because that is something you can SEE, as opposed to microscopic inclusions that can''t be seen in either circumstance. An F is close to a G, but all other things being equal, I would definitely go for an eye clean F.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Most people can''t tell the difference between F and H or even F and I. I''d go G VS2 over F SI since the colors are so close together. But FireGoddess also makes a very compelling point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results