shape
carat
color
clarity

Color in platinum setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Plontzie

Rough_Rock
I've been browsing this site for about a month now educating myself for the purchase of an engagement ring...what a great resource!!!

I am unsure what the lowest color grade I should look at for a platinum solitaire setting. I have compared G, H, I and J in platinum and it looks as if 'I' would be the lowest color grade to use in this setting without seeing yellow. I think the lighting in the jewelers (I've viewed at several) may be deceiving though. Any opinions on minimum color grades would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
My guess would be an "I" color if the diamond is very well-cut, but I'm not an expert. :) Do look at lower colors in temporary settings in many different lighting sources.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Third opinion...

Plontzie, you have to figure it out for yourself :cheeky:

buttercup

Rough_Rock
alot has to do with how well the stone is cut. i've heard of j color stones looking beautiful in platinum. if it's cut well, you won't notice the body color so much b/c of all the light return.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results