shape
carat
color
clarity

Color in platinum setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Plontzie

Rough_Rock
I've been browsing this site for about a month now educating myself for the purchase of an engagement ring...what a great resource!!!

I am unsure what the lowest color grade I should look at for a platinum solitaire setting. I have compared G, H, I and J in platinum and it looks as if 'I' would be the lowest color grade to use in this setting without seeing yellow. I think the lighting in the jewelers (I've viewed at several) may be deceiving though. Any opinions on minimum color grades would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

My guess would be an "I" color if the diamond is very well-cut, but I'm not an expert. :) Do look at lower colors in temporary settings in many different lighting sources.

My opinion is you will 'see' H in daylight so go for G.

Third opinion...

Plontzie, you have to figure it out for yourself :cheeky:

alot has to do with how well the stone is cut. i've heard of j color stones looking beautiful in platinum. if it's cut well, you won't notice the body color so much b/c of all the light return.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP