shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Color-change sapphire engagement ring

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just posted this to the Colored gems forum. Really excited about this ring. It's not that bling-y but it has a minimalist design, which I love. :)

mochiko42|1381108779|3533387 said:
Hi, I am both a gemstone and PS newbie. This is my first post, though I've been lurking on here for about a month now. :)

Here's my engagement ring! I haven't received it but here are some vendor photos. I can't wait to receive it but I wanted to share the photos since it was through PS that I first heard of Sally. Thanks to everyone, I've learned a lot just by reading past posts and discussions. :love:

Lotus engagement ring from Sally at Heart of Water. The gem was also sourced for me by Sally.

- Sapphire from Sri Lanka (color change, from cornflower blue to violet/lavender-blue), 6.3mm, 0.90 carat, no treatment
- diamonds are G VS1
- 18k yellow gold ring

il_570xn_21.jpg il_570xn_22.jpg il_570xn_23.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty, you should post some hand shots too!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it! Great hue and saturation. Also, I love the diamonds on the shoulders - I don't remember seeing that on her lotus ring before. It brings it up a whole 'nother level in the sophistication department. :))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous. The sapphire has a great color. How exciting it is a color shift sapphire. :appl: :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the love. :) I'll try to post some close-ups and hand shots when I get the ring, hopefully I can take a photo of the color shift. Sally said it would be sent out today so I'm anxiously waiting for it!

I have to admit that I was a little anxious about sourcing a stone directly via Sally at first because I couldn't see the stone in person, but she was so understanding, helpful and accommodating of all my questions and first-time buyer nerves, it really made the whole experience very pleasant and relatively stress-free for me.

It's my first time choosing a stone and a ring -- I'm not usually a ring wearer, so this has been a fun and new experience for me! I have to say though, it is dangerously easy to become obsessed with all the pretty sparkly colored stones that I've seen on PS...now I'm thinking that I should get "welcome to the family" presents for my future MIL too now, maybe a spinel or topaz pendant... uh oh. This may be the start of an expensive habit :cheeky:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Extremely pretty indeed! :appl:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's gorgeous! I'm obsessed with color changers/shifters and I love seeing what everyone else has. Your stone is a beauty and the setting is beautiful.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty color.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! Love both the stone and the setting, can't wait for your handshots! 8)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! Love the color!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! Really lovely color and such a pretty setting, congrats!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just so beautiful and feminine!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goegeous colour and setting. Your ring is a true classic, yet so special because of your amazing center stone :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the setting! Very pretty!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Love it, so beautiful :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love the color of your sapphire! Beautiful setting as well :love: I agree, it's very easy to become obsessed over gemstones.
I'm suffering from a bit of that myself. Would love a stone in every color!

Looking forward to your handshots.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
very lovely!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful design

Your ring is beautiful mochiko42! I love the sapphire and the basket is TDF. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long to receive it!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! What a beautiful ring :appl: :appl: :appl: You must be so excited :appl: Post hand shots as soon as you get it please!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It arrived!!!!!! :twirl: :twirl: Actually, the post office tried to deliver the package yesterday but I was out...got home to find the little card in our mailbox..argh! I didn't sleep well last night - I was so impatient/excited/anxious! My SO told me I was over-reacting but I was so nervous about such an expensive item staying overnight in the local post office.

This morning I rushed to the post office when it opened to get it. The ring arrived safe and sound -- Sally packaged it well. It did have a bit of fuzz stuck to one of the prongs due to the packaging but it was easy enough to remove it.

It is a teensy bit loose but I'd rather have it loose than too tight. It's a lot more delicate than I expected -- I guess because I'd only seen really macro photos of the ring and sapphire. I love it and am thrilled to bits. Sally was wonderful during the entire process and I can't recommend her highly enough.

The colors of the sapphire are amazing, and really go from light cornflower blue to dark blue and purplish/lavender. It was really hard to take good photos of the color shift and the sparkliness of the sapphire. It really is much prettier in real life! :love:

Here are the best photos of the dozens that I took, apologies in advance for the ring ****, lol :bigsmile:

INDOOR LIGHT:
indoorlight1.jpg
indoorlight3.jpg
indoorlight4.jpg

NATURAL LIGHT:
indoor5.jpg
sunlight1.jpg
sunlight2.jpg
sunlight3.jpg
sunlight4.jpg

BONUS: with a Cat incense burner that I bought in Kyoto earlier this year :)
cat1.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, final pics.. :cheeky:

A better photo of the purple color
purple_0.jpg

It's very sparkly!
sparkly_1.jpg

It's definitely not a "perfect" sapphire -- but I like its little "blemishes", I think it makes it unique and shows that it's natural. :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - it's a show-stopper!!!!! Wait until people see it on you!!!!!!!!!!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All credit for the sapphire is due to Sally. She's the one who found the stone after sorting through many, many, stones in Bangkok and recommended it to me and my SO, who are admittedly very new and inexperienced with colored stones. I think the cut is quite good for a native cut stone and the price for the quality we got was very reasonable -- it made our relatively small e-ring budget stretch much further than we'd hoped. :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congratulations! How exciting to have a color change e-ring!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! the color change is just gorgeous - congratulations!
:appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color change is beautiful! So glad you love it. Do you get it now or do you have to wait to wear it?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe I didn't comment when this was first posted but let me say WOW!!! What a beauty!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results