Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Cluster Ring Inspiration - Vibrant Sunset

RJLongLong

Rough_Rock
I would like to have a colored gemstone cluster ring made, similar to the ring pictured here, but with colors of a vibrant purple, magenta, orange sunset. What types of lab created gems are available in these colors? I have been using Precision Gem as a guide (drooling over his stones, my goodness), but I would love some opinions. Perhaps I can use mostly sapphires for this project, but I'm not sure about a vibrant orange or purple. What do you think?
Cluster 1.jpg Sunset ombre 4.jpg

Attachments

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, I’d love to see a ring with those colors. :kiss2:
I believe Gene has blue and pink lab sapphire available for cutting. I have a hot lab pink sapphire from him that’s SO intense.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I would like to have a colored gemstone cluster ring made, similar to the ring pictured here, but with colors of a vibrant purple, magenta, orange sunset. What types of lab created gems are available in these colors? I have been using Precision Gem as a guide (drooling over his stones, my goodness), but I would love some opinions. Perhaps I can use mostly sapphires for this project, but I'm not sure about a vibrant orange or purple. What do you think?
Cluster 1.jpg Sunset ombre 4.jpg

Ooo this would be a beautiful cluster of colours!
If you follow the gradient of the picture, you could go royal blue, purple, hot pink, padparascha peach and orange, and all on a rich 18k yellow gold band :kiss2:

All of the colours bar the orange you should be able to get from Precision Gem in lab stones. For the orange I have seen orange lab sapphires around, or you could go with a spessartine garnet.

Sounds like an awesome project!!

RJLongLong

Rough_Rock
Ooo this would be a beautiful cluster of colours!
If you follow the gradient of the picture, you could go royal blue, purple, hot pink, padparascha peach and orange, and all on a rich 18k yellow gold band :kiss2:

All of the colours bar the orange you should be able to get from Precision Gem in lab stones. For the orange I have seen orange lab sapphires around, or you could go with a spessartine garnet.

Sounds like an awesome project!!

I've never heard of spessartine garnet! I'll look into it. Thank for for the recommendation, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.