shape
carat
color
clarity

clueless about diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bewildered

Rough_Rock
we've been looking around for a diamond engagement ring and we've these qns. sure'd appreciate it if you could help us with them!

1) heard from a local dealer that diamond prices will be raised by 10% real soon. is that true?

2) are HRD's certification standards generally lower than GIA's? we came across a dealer who's of the opinion that HRD's actually more stringent than GIA but that doesn't appear to be the opinion of many others... so who's right?? :))

larry

Rough_Rock
This is what Cut Nut had to say about top Certification order: AGS=GIA, then HRD, then a fair way to AGL Israel especially and IGI

bewildered

Rough_Rock
thanks larry for your quick reply! think i'll wanna stick with a GIA-certed diamond...

what about the 10% price increase? heard anything about that? or was it just a pressure tactic? :))

Babylon1023

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't trust anything besides GIA or AGS. I've seen a few IGI's in the mall and so far I've found a few "I" grades that look noticably yellow compared to an F (which it really shouldn't, not to the degree I noticed anyway), and an SI1 with a pretty obvious inclusion when viewing its side (SI1 inclusions should be practically undetectable to the untrained). If you can't see it first hand, go with GIA or AGS.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/1/2002 12:20:06 PM

we've been looking around for a diamond engagement ring and we've these qns. sure'd appreciate it if you could help us with them!

1) heard from a local dealer that diamond prices will be raised by 10% real soon. is that true?

2) are HRD's certification standards generally lower than GIA's? we came across a dealer who's of the opinion that HRD's actually more stringent than GIA but that doesn't appear to be the opinion of many others... so who's right?? :))
----------------

I think I did read something about a DeBeers price increase.

bewildered

Rough_Rock
hey everyone, thanks so much for your help! :appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results