Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloudy section from the side

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubes2112

Rough_Rock
Greetings,

Just found this forum and was hoping I could get some opinions regarding an engagement ring I just purchased. I'm a diamond-novice so any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

A few days after I bought the ring, my fiance' and I noticed that when you look at the diamond from any side, about 4/5 of the way down there is a line going through the stone and everything below to the tip is slightly cloudy (maybe even milky). From the top it seems like a beautiful diamond. Very firey and brilliant (as far as we can tell) The specs from the GIA cert. are the following :

Round Brilliant
Measurement 6.93-6.97 x 4.28mm
Weight : 1.27 carat
Depth : 61.6 %
Table : 60%
Girdle : Thin to slightly thick
Clarity: SI1
Faceted
Culet : none
Polish : Good
Color : G
Symmetry : Very Good
Fluorescence : none
Comments : Additional clouds are not shown

Price of diamond: $6400

Any and all comments are appreciated. I just want to make sure the diamond is what they said it is and if I got a decent deal.

Thanks!

Rubes

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I know a bit about diamonds, but am no expert. Still, I wouldn't think an SI1 diamond would be 1/5 cloudy.

Have you brought it to a reputable, local jeweler for their opinion?

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
I believe that this is a natural effect and that it is a reflection of some kind.

There is a great site called : www.goodoldgold.com

Click on the 4c's, then Clarity, then Clarity Tips. There is a picture of just what you are talking about.

rubes2112

Rough_Rock
Yes, I took it to a reputable jeweler and he said the stone matches up with the GIA cert. and that the clouding/line appears to be a reflection of the facets (or maybe the girdle)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.