shape
carat
color
clarity

close 2 the ideal alex

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
the top stone in this pendent has been seen by quite a few people & i have gotten comments very positive-this stone is 2.05 cts. is russian & in the right light changes from green to red. this is what good alexandrite is all about. i consider myself lucky to know the right people at the right time to get such a good example. wil b watching.....

forms sleeper 090.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steve,
I remember seeing this picture in a book many years ago. This 1.29 carat Russian Alexandrite is what I consider to be one of the finest I have ever seen. It was cut from some rough that the owners had, and they didn''t realize what a find it was until it was cut. It was identified as Russian origin, where the most famous stones hail from.

http://www.davesdowntoearthrockshop.com/images/week20-10.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2008 12:32:52 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Steve,
I remember seeing this picture in a book many years ago. This 1.29 carat Russian Alexandrite is what I consider to be one of the finest I have ever seen. It was cut from some rough that the owners had, and they didn''t realize what a find it was until it was cut. It was identified as Russian origin, where the most famous stones hail from.

http://www.davesdowntoearthrockshop.com/images/week20-10.jpg
I love that picture. It''s the Tino Hammid one isn''t it?

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
yes it is-ck secrets of the gem trade-the pic is in there-i also have a stone in the pictured pendent-the top stone-with qualities such as the one in the book-change from green to red-my stone is russian, 2.05ct, and pretty clean.-there r plenty of fine alex out to b had-they dont have 2 b large 2 b good-just a good source of rough-enjoy....

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
the 3 cats r all alex-from 1.3 to 1.77 ct- russian & indian-the bottom stone is russian, 2.34 w/good color chg.-thanks for asking-a fun peice to ware at times...

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
byb-the-bye-the gold work on all my pendents & stone setting is by john dixon in the md. area...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results