shape
carat
color
clarity

Clinton cleared in email probe, no charges

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to know how much money was wasted in arriving at this inevitable conclusion. On the brighter side, this could help decide the election early.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old news. I have been saying it for months!.. :praise:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course not. Never thought any different outcome would be recommended. She and Bill are above the law.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1467737543|4051647 said:
I would love to know how much money was wasted in arriving at this inevitable conclusion. On the brighter side, this could help decide the election early.
Seriously. Given than anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) can be classified at any time, and that her predecessors did LITERALLY the same thing (spin it however you want, and write as many law changes as you so choose to make it ok for them, and not for her, that's fine...), this doesn't surprise me. It was a political witch hunt.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
39K per day: That' could buy lots of chandelier earrings. The advertising writers on Madison Avenue could have come up with the slogan "Careless but not criminal" for much less money.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, Waste of money when we all knew what the end result will be.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1467758968|4051784 said:
Yup, Waste of money when we all knew what the end result will be.

Entirely.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's America's angel.

screen_shot_2016-07-05_at_4.png

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sour grapes from Republicans.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1467762521|4051805 said:

Aw, who cares about THEM!?! :lol:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Typical Dem responses. If Clinton weren't so shady, that money wouldn't have been wasted.
Comey didn't recommend criminal charges, but he clearly demonstrated that Clinton lied to the public.
Extreme carelessness and gross negligence--is there any difference? Comey made the case that Clinton is guilty but chose not to act. His excuse was there was no intent. Intent is not required.
Comey is supposedly a standup guy. Not sure what's going on with him.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually vote democrat but the Clintons make me sick.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Republicans can't/won't support their candidate.
They cannot discuss how wonderful Trump is, so they choose to criticize Hillary instead.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI..There aren't any Reps. on PS.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1467768681|4051862 said:
FYI..There aren't any Reps. on PS.

Well DF, if you've joined our side be sure and register so you can get your free Welcome Happy Meal ... deep-fried human baby, fried okra, mashed potato, and apple and cute-baby–kitten pie for dessert.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1467768303|4051857 said:

So, you votin for Teh Donald?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either way HC is the loser in this case...

Had Comey recommended criminal charges against her then she would be in big trouble. Now that there will be no charges against her 70% of Americans knew/believe it was fixed :!:

Trump would have ZERO chance of winning against anyone else except HC. Clinton should be ahead by 20% not 5%.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was listening to a station I like on Sirius radio all day because, in the 4th of July weekend traffic, it took me all day to drive what should have been only about a six hour's drive from Maine back to Connecticut today. I heard portion of Mr. Comey's speech about 20 times and other portions only once. I'm not sure that even now I heard every word of it.

Frankly, it did not sound to me as if the FBI had cleared Secretary Clinton of all wrongdoing. On the contrary, what the Director said meant that she had lied when she said that material she handled wasn't marked as confidential (and more highly classified) when it came into her possession and she transferred to her personal e-mail server anyway. Would I want her charged for using her personal e-mail? No. But I don't think she should have lied about it. Do I think she is the only politician to have lied? On the contrary, I doubt if there is one who has not. I find it tedious to hear some posters on Pricescope repeatedly call Secretary Clinton a liar as if that should disqualify her becoming President when being a liar is a job requirement of anyone who wants to make it into the higher echelons of politics. :read:

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The neo-fascists are going to win in France. Let's not let them win in the US, too. Be sick; vote for Clinton; and at least keep the neo-Nazi clown out of the Oval Office here in the US.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Comey not only showed Clinton lied; he showed she risked national security.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actual FBI statement

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b.-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clintons-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

Excerpt:

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent.

one more:

It is also likely that there are other work-related e-mails that they did not produce to State and that we did not find elsewhere, and that are now gone because they deleted all e-mails they did not return to State, and the lawyers cleaned their devices in such a way as to preclude complete forensic recovery.

particularly interesting:

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

In other words, anyone else would have been fired and probably worse.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disgusting. The Clintons are above the law. Disgraceful and sickening! And now they are looking closer at the Clinton Foundation. Of course the won't find anything unseemly there :saint: Before anyone comes back and calls me a Trump lover, you could not be more wrong.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1467769933|4051873 said:

I have voted both ways in the past. Voted for Obama last two elections (and I'm from Chicago) and I'm very disappointed he didn't get more done. He seemed a very passive president. I'm not sure I could vote for the Donald either. I'm trying to get over my guilt to my civic duty to vote at all. I don't like Bernie either.

Would love to see Colin Powell run. Hated Ted Cruz more than Hillary. Sadly I don't see anyone in the near future that appeals at all.

I absolutely can not vote for Hillary so if my guilt gets the best of me, yes, I will vote for Trump. But I would hold my nose and puke.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1467828839|4052142 said:
kenny|1467769933|4051873 said:

I have voted both ways in the past. Voted for Obama last two elections (and I'm from Chicago) and I'm very disappointed he didn't get more done. He seemed a very passive president. I'm not sure I could vote for the Donald either. I'm trying to get over my guilt to my civic duty to vote at all. I don't like Bernie either.

Would love to see Colin Powell run. Hated Ted Cruz more than Hillary. Sadly I don't see anyone in the near future that appeals at all.

I absolutely can not vote for Hillary so if my guilt gets the best of me, yes, I will vote for Trump. But I would hold my nose and puke.

I totally understand.
I'm NO fanboi but will vote for Clinton.
I'll hold my nose, wretch a bit, but probably won't full-on puke

It's disgusting that these are served on the silver presidential platter as the two 'best' Americans today.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had HC been charged by the FBI Joe Biden then would step in and become the Dem. nominee. Biden would easily beat Trump in Nov. but now it will be a close race b/t Trump and Clinton.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1467771339|4051881 said:
Either way HC is the loser in this case...

Had Comey recommended criminal charges against her then she would be in big trouble. Now that there will be no charges against her 70% of Americans knew/believe it was fixed :!:

Trump would have ZERO chance of winning against anyone else except HC. Clinton should be ahead by 20% not 5%.
While I agree that she is the loser in this case, I don't believe that it was "fixed" at all, so don't you dare speak for me. I've worked for DOD before, I interned there. And based on that history, plus the research DH did, I did, and talking to several family members who worked DOD and various branches of government, thru varied ranks of classification, what I know is that nothing she did was new. She was not hacked. Yes, it was risky, but so were the moves of her predecessors, because she had a hell of lot better security options.

They cannot bring charges against her because if they do so, they have to do the same to Rice and Powell, and likely anyone else before them in the "information age." And do you think they'll dare do that? NO. They will not. I will repeat myself from above: Her predecessors did EXACTLY the same thing. Literally. Identical. Discussing far worse things, most likely. Spin it however you want, but they did it EXACTLY the same way. Servers, private mail, etc. Depending which side of the aisle your beliefs fall on, you can keep trying to negate that, or favor it. But EXACTLY. THE. SAME. THING. The difference being that when they did it, laws were different, and the two aforementioned are, of course, Republicans, nor are either running for President. When she did it, it also was not illegal. But when a Republican-controlled congress can make it a political shituation and waste ungodly amounts of tax dollars making a circus out of it for a Presidential candidate, yknow, to pretend they're doing something up there, they're going to change the rules, and they did exactly that.

2) Anything can be labeled classified to any level at any time. I know this because of what my dad did for his entire career before he recently retired. Literally. Anything. And at literally ANY time. 10 years, 7 months, 1 week and 4 days ago you sent an email to your coworker in the next cube about what you want to have for lunch (which btw you're not supposed to do since that's not government-work-related, but people do it anyway)? Someone can decide that is of the utmost classification at any time. And their reason? Just because.

So, no, it was not "fixed." They have no credible case, thus no charges can be filed. If they had a case, they'd have a case against her predecessors, too. And they'd not dare go down that road, because the Republicans would completely burn the place down.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results