carat
color
clarity

Clinton cleared in email probe, no charges

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1467830609|4052148 said:
So, no, it was not "fixed." They have no credible case, thus no charges can be filed. If they had a case, they'd have a case against her predecessors, too. And they'd not dare go down that road, because the Republicans would completely burn the place down.
Ame...so you really believe that Bill and the AG was only exchanging brownie recipes on the tarmac in Phoenix?.. :bigsmile:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1467831491|4052161 said:
ame|1467830609|4052148 said:
So, no, it was not "fixed." They have no credible case, thus no charges can be filed. If they had a case, they'd have a case against her predecessors, too. And they'd not dare go down that road, because the Republicans would completely burn the place down.
Ame...so you really believe that Bill and the AG was only exchanging brownie recipes on the tarmac in Phoenix?.. :bigsmile:

You can't EVER reply to what people actually say, can you?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both my sons have a Top Secret/Secure Compartment Information - TS/SCI - clearance and would have been prosecuted for much less than what she just got away with.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Who else had a private server? Who else had their lawyers delete, delete, delete? Who else failed to turn over all emails?
Comey clearly stated that Clinton did email material marked classified at the time. He also said it is likely that Clinton's email was hacked by foreign governments. Many enemies are too sophisticated to be caught hacking.

E B

Ideal_Rock
AnnaH|1467831808|4052166 said:
Who else had a private server? Who else had their lawyers delete, delete, delete? Who else failed to turn over all emails?
Comey clearly stated that Clinton did email material marked classified at the time. He also said it is likely that Clinton's email was hacked by foreign governments. Many enemies are too sophisticated to be caught hacking.

Funny you ask.

http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/web-video/missing-white-house-emails

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/12/the...the_media_has_conveniently_forgotten_partner/

No, two wrongs don't make a right, but this is a blip when considering just how scary Trump's a) complete and utter lack of experience and b) ignorant and flat out scary "ideas" are in the subject of foreign affairs.

E B

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1467828839|4052142 said:
I absolutely can not vote for Hillary so if my guilt gets the best of me, yes, I will vote for Trump. But I would hold my nose and puke.

Trump is no less corrupt, or corruptable than Hillary on top of his racist, xenophobic, sexist, and generally insane thoughts and actions. If you're truly struggling with guilt, write someone in.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
2007 is a long time ago, and Bush didn't have a private server in a bathroom of his Texas ranch house. Also, no evidence that he put our national security at risk.
I'm uncomfortable with both candidates to put it mildly. Both the Republican and Democrat parties should be dismantled. Unbelievable failures.
I don't subscribe to the idea that the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know in this case.
It's a mess!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1467835280|4052187 said:
2007 is a long time ago, and Bush didn't have a private server in a bathroom of his Texas ranch house. Also, no evidence that he put our national security at risk.
I'm uncomfortable with both candidates to put it mildly. Both the Republican and Democrat parties should be dismantled. Unbelievable failures.
I don't subscribe to the idea that the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know in this case.
It's a mess!

Right. Being back in 2007 makes it all OK. :rolleyes: And to say Bush never put our national security at risk, is nearly beyond comprehension. But aside from that, a "non-government" email, is by definition on another server. One that is by definition, NOT under the control of the government. You could even argue that Clinton had more of an eye to security than the Bushies ever did. At least she had specific people she knew, in actual control of the physical servers. Where did Bush et al do their off-book stuff? The RNC! Although I suppose the Republicans back then were all kissy kissy and still singing kumbaya, instead of like today, leaping out of their own chests like a scene from Alien.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy

The Republicans simply can't stand it when the same yardstick they demand, is flipped around by someone who really IS non-partisan, and used to the benefit of the other "team".

Correction - Comey clearly IS partisan, it's just that his feelings on the matter clearly take second place to his reading of the actual law, precedent, and whether there was enough of a case to actually prosecute. Would that there were more like him.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not one word was mentioned by Comey about the Clinton Foundation investigation. What a nest of adders. And people are proud to vote for her. :nono:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1467838714|4052219 said:
Not one word was mentioned by Comey about the Clinton Foundation investigation. What a nest of adders. And people are proud to vote for her. :nono:

I'm not. I'm only voting for her to save the country.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/03/05/perino-clintons-email-scandal-not-2007-bush-email-controversy

Clinton was very critical of Bush over the emails. Yet now for her, well that's okay. 2007 was a different situation. Bush had a government account and a separate account for the Republican Party business. He didn't mix the accounts. Bush people may have been wrong in the missing emails. I'm not defending him. I don't know enough about it. But Bush's email situation did not put national security at risk.
Anyone who listened to Comey's speech must admit that Clinton behaved recklessly with classified materials against clear rules at the time. It was so reckless that foreign enemies most likely have some of her sensitive emails.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1467839242|4052225 said:

That is quite a positive outlook you have. I admire you for it.

ETA - The title of this thread is incorrect. Based on the statement I read, Clinton was by no means "cleared." New nickname Slick Hillie!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How?.. :confused: I want a lady Prez but IDK if I want HC in the WH.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1467854054|4052333 said:

Yes I would also like to know how she will save this country?

There was a time when I thought, in 2008, that she would have been better than Obama because she was more centrist. But she has gone waaaay left of center now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1467854583|4052335 said:
Dancing Fire|1467854054|4052333 said:

Yes I would also like to know how she will save this country?

There was a time when I thought, in 2008, that she would have been better than Obama because she was more centrist. But she has gone waaaay left of center now.
b/c Bernie Sanders forced her into a corner. IMO, I think HC is more moderate than people think.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lifted straight from my lawyer cousin's FB feed. Pretty much nails it.

http://www.atlredline.com/loretta-lynch-is-latest-woman-to-do-something-stupid-wi-1782958798

"The problem is: unless this email investigation ends with Hillary Clinton being paraded naked through the streets while Sarah Palin shouts “shame,” Republicans will not be satisfied. We are beyond “optics,” on this. We are beyond politics on this. There are people who think Hillary Clinton is “corrupt” who will accept nothing but a confirmation of their world view. At least 30% of the country will think that a finding in favor of Hillary is “rigged,” and there isn’t a damn thing the FBI, Loretta Lynch, or Jesus Christ himself could do to tell them differently. "

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
ksinger|1467856843|4052346 said:

http://www.atlredline.com/loretta-lynch-is-latest-woman-to-do-something-stupid-wi-1782958798

"The problem is: unless this email investigation ends with Hillary Clinton being paraded naked through the streets while Sarah Palin shouts “shame,” Republicans will not be satisfied. We are beyond “optics,” on this. We are beyond politics on this. There are people who think Hillary Clinton is “corrupt” who will accept nothing but a confirmation of their world view. At least 30% of the country will think that a finding in favor of Hillary is “rigged,” and there isn’t a damn thing the FBI, Loretta Lynch, or Jesus Christ himself could do to tell them differently. "

And some people on the left ignore the facts Comey stated and insist that it's a "great right wing conspiracy." :wall:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1467857387|4052351 said:
ksinger|1467856843|4052346 said:

And some people on the left ignore the facts Comey stated and insist that it's a "great right wing conspiracy." :wall:

What about those of us who are sane enough to know that e-mailing on a different server is not as dangerous as being an egomaniac with no intellect; no training; no humility; no desire to learn facing a potential job that would challenge the brightest, most capable, most flexible, and most humble person among us? I would take a totally competent and capable Secretary Clinton-liar or not-over a reckless maniac who threatens federal judges and mimics the disabled on television. Secretary Clinton keeps it within the normal bounds of what politicians do. As I said above, they all lie. But no one except Donald Trump mocks the disabled, complete with a re-enactment of someone having a seizure, on national television, no less. He is so unstable that voting for a stable Secretary Clinton is the only way to save the country now. I wish Bernie Sanders, who was my candidate, would get with the program already.

AGBF

Link...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hEQKqFgfAg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1467830578|4052147 said:
Had HC been charged by the FBI Joe Biden then would step in and become the Dem. nominee. Biden would easily beat Trump in Nov. but now it will be a close race b/t Trump and Clinton.

I would take Biden over either one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to know, quite seriously, how many people if offered the choice would vote for four more years of Obama (the dictator!) over having to pick between Hillary or Trump. :shock:

I know it's not possible. But... I gotta say, all those people who said "ANYONE but OBAMA!" and "OBAMA is the WORSE THING that's happened to this country" I wonder if they are regretting it now?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1467861316|4052386 said:
I want to know, quite seriously, how many people if offered the choice would vote for four more years of Obama (the dictator!) over having to pick between Hillary or Trump.

What about you, Gyps? Obama or Hillary?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... But she has gone waaaay left of center now.

I wish she was MORE left.
Left is good.
Right is bad.

Liberal is good.
Conservative is bad.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1467862626|4052403 said:

Left is good.
Right is bad.

Liberal is good.
Conservative is bad.

I think that's why I liked Bernie Sanders. ;))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1467862099|4052394 said:
I want to know, quite seriously, how many people if offered the choice would vote for four more years of Obama (the dictator!) over having to pick between Hillary or Trump.

What about you, Gyps? Obama or Hillary?

Honestly? Obama. You know why?

Obama, for this liberal, did not live up to his campaign promises. I understand that some of that is a result of right wing obstruction.

I think though, he's gotten to the point that he just doesn't give a f*ck about anything except doing what is morally right. He doesn't care about re-election. He doesn't care about squabbles in his own party. He is at a point that if he thinks its the right thing to do, he does it. He's our first black president. His legacy is what it is and he is realistic about it. And I really do believe he cares about America and Americans more than he does about politics.

As my husband just said: I trust him.

I think Hillary IS too centrist for me. And I think she is going to be too beholden and too much of a politician and too worried about being re-elected. I don't like that. I don't trust her.

Don't get me wrong. I will vote for her. Every time, against Trump.

But if I had a choice. I'd vote Obama for a third term. Screw the term limits.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to know, quite seriously, how many people if offered the choice would vote for four more years of Obama (the dictator!) over having to pick between Hillary or Trump. :shock:

I know it's not possible. But... I gotta say, all those people who said "ANYONE but OBAMA!" and "OBAMA is the WORSE THING that's happened to this country" I wonder if they are regretting it now?
None of thee above :!:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perhaps because that's not what he was there to talk about and he didn't want to pour gasoline on the witch hunt fires. Not that that makes any difference to the "it's "rigged" when we don't get our way" crowd, of course. They're merrily engaging in the next round of dark insinuations.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1467892828|4052482 said:

Perhaps because that's not what he was there to talk about and he didn't want to pour gasoline on the witch hunt fires. Not that that makes any difference to the "it's "rigged" when we don't get our way" crowd, of course. They're merrily engaging in the next round of dark insinuations.

Its not a witch hunt if she did it, which she did. What he did talk about was bad enough and I realize he is a professional and not there to talk about the "other" investigation into her dealings. Pretty bad when the Dem nominee has two criminal investigations going on. And I am not in the "we don't get our way" crowd. I am in the "government should be on the up and up and not criminals crowd." That means any part of government - Dem or Rep or green, blue, pink.

Frankly I am pretty disappointed in the way the world and America is turning. Five years ago I would not have spent as much time as I do (which is little) on a forum on the internet. I am disappointed in myself that I spend this much time typing and surfing. People are so glued to electronics and instant gratification. Fighting or one-upping, listening to ridiculous media who always have an agenda. I am lumping all media together, conservative and liberal alike. I know what I want out of my government and Hillary does not meet those qualifications. Neither does Trump. But those are our choices. Choose wisely.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1467862626|4052403 said:

Left is good.
Right is bad.

Liberal is good.
Conservative is bad.

They are all bad. No one works for us - the little people. They work to get re-elected.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am soooo tired of politics, I have no faith in any of the candidates.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
autumngems|1467898403|4052511 said:
I am soooo tired of politics, I have no faith in any of the candidates.

I am too but I still feel it is important to be informed before making a decision. I just can't deal with the 24 hour news any longer. Nor the cat fighting that goes on here. As a conservative we are outnumbered on PS by 99%. Still everyone has to broaden their mind and listen to the other side once in awhile.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results