shape
carat
color
clarity

Clinohumite ring on ebay -- did a PS'er get it?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It wasn't me, but I love that its such a simple platinum setting for a lovely stone

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some but can honestly, for me,it's not a WOW stone. I'm not sure that it's as rare as the auction suggests (and to put it into perspective GemsTV were selling quite a lot of Clinohumite jewellery 2 or 3 years ago).

Have you ever seen any in real life? It can look a bit like a Madeira coloured Citrine with orange and gold colours.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux -- I also loved that the setting was so simple. The photos were not the best, but it looked like it would be a striking ring in person.

LD, I've never seen any clinohumite in person. The little bit I read about it agrees with what you said -- it's not as rare as the listing was claiming, especially in smaller sizes. There was no information about the origin of the stone either. I do think the color is striking, but I like orange stones.

I wonder if at least some of the bidders were just buying it for the setting -- though it doesn't seem like it would be easy to reuse a pear-shaped bezel setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results