Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Clinohumite ring on ebay -- did a PS'er get it?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It wasn't me, but I love that its such a simple platinum setting for a lovely stone

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some but can honestly, for me,it's not a WOW stone. I'm not sure that it's as rare as the auction suggests (and to put it into perspective GemsTV were selling quite a lot of Clinohumite jewellery 2 or 3 years ago).

Have you ever seen any in real life? It can look a bit like a Madeira coloured Citrine with orange and gold colours.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux -- I also loved that the setting was so simple. The photos were not the best, but it looked like it would be a striking ring in person.

LD, I've never seen any clinohumite in person. The little bit I read about it agrees with what you said -- it's not as rare as the listing was claiming, especially in smaller sizes. There was no information about the origin of the stone either. I do think the color is striking, but I like orange stones.

I wonder if at least some of the bidders were just buying it for the setting -- though it doesn't seem like it would be easy to reuse a pear-shaped bezel setting.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.