shape
carat
color
clarity

CLASH? --> D center and H small side diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
If I get a 1.61 carat D color center stone on a band with 8 H color 2 pointer (0.02 carats) diamonds on each side, will the color difference look bad? I called BN and customer rep said the small diamonds should be small enough to not make a visible difference, but I''m worried by mkozaka''s post here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/color-comparison.104261/

He actually ended up getting THE setting that I''m looking at. But I think when he wrote that posting, he may have been looking at a different setting with bigger sidestones, because the numbers don''t add up the same.

Nouveau-Side.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should be totally fine IMO.

ETA: If the sidestones are ideal cuts.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don''t think you''ll notice anything.

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to mention, in that other post, Lorelei said "advice is generally to keep centre and sidestones within 2 colour grades." Though, I''m not sure if that comment was directed at rings with BIGGER sidestones or not.
40.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
My center stone is a 1.73 "J" and my sidestones are .10 "F-G". I cannot see a difference...

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to swim against the stream on this one; I think a D to H spread is running a risk. Because of the small stone size, it *might* be okay, but it might also be obvious to color-sensitive people at a glance.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I have an E center stone and G-H 15-point side stones (from BN), and I can''t see a difference. The lower color would be even less obvious in 2-point side stones.

I''d guess that you would see no difference.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 1:50:31 AM
Author: fleur-de-lis
I''m going to swim against the stream on this one; I think a D to H spread is running a risk. Because of the small stone size, it *might* be okay, but it might also be obvious to color-sensitive people at a glance.
A second to go against the stream here.
2.gif
1.gif

D is extremely white and you *might* notice the difference. If you really want to get a D coloured centre stone, I''d not go below F in side stones just to be on the safe side.

May I ask, why do the side stones have to be H? Two pointers should be very easy to get in higher colours.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 10:40:52 PM
Author: silverbuggy
Forgot to mention, in that other post, Lorelei said 'advice is generally to keep centre and sidestones within 2 colour grades.' Though, I'm not sure if that comment was directed at rings with BIGGER sidestones or not.
40.gif
Hi SB,

That advice usually applies to larger sidestones compared to centres, personally I think you will be fine and won't notice a difference in this case. I wear F/G in a diamond band which is a little larger in size than the ones in question with a honkin' L colour round, really no visible difference to my eyes or anyone elses when asked.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you''d notice with stones that small. Check out the current video on Good Old Gold - he''s doing a color comparison, if you''re interested: http://www.goodoldgold.com/

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 10:40:52 PM
Author: silverbuggy
Forgot to mention, in that other post, Lorelei said ''advice is generally to keep centre and sidestones within 2 colour grades.'' Though, I''m not sure if that comment was directed at rings with BIGGER sidestones or not.
40.gif

Yes. To ME side stones are like a three stone ring. You are dealing with melee here which gives you more options IMO.

mkozaka

Rough_Rock
Hi Silverbuggy, the post you reference was a different setting I was considering before the Nouveau. We have no visable contrast with the F center and H sides. Are you set on the D? I think most on this site would recommend dropping in color to increase size and decrease cost.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also swim against the tide and think you will notice the difference. I would get an F center stone.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If it were me I''d want to see the stone next to the setting before it was set. Any chance you have them mailed to you to inspect?

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be the third one to swim against the stream here. D is very white, and I think going 4 color grades down on the other stones ''might'' be noticeable to color sensitive people.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I voted the way I did because I tried on my D with bands that had H/I stones and couldn''t tell. I also didn''t spend a huge amount of time staring at them though.

If you''re worried, I''d try to see a D next to the bands in question, or at least similar ones.
1.gif

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
I don''t think that it would be that noticeable. And you can always have the melee replaced by another jeweler with higher quality ones if you decide later you aren''t happy.

Or return this set and get one made by a Pricescope Jeweler.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the color of 2 pointers is not going to be relevant unless they are really low color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results