shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity Enhanced? good/bad/ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DaBunt

Rough_Rock
Hi,I am looking for a diamond in the .9 to 1.2 range.I get the impression that a good cut is very important....Given that my budget is only $4500 I was thinking about a clarity enhanced diamond.I understand what clarity enhanced means but does it really matter to the man in the street (me)? Any comments on clarity enhanced diamonds?The one I am looking at is Tolkowsky Ideal Cut with the following details :
Total Depth: 62.8
Table Width: 56%
Crown Height: 16%
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Girdle Thickness: Thin, Faceted and scores the following :Factor Grade
Brilliance Very Good
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Good
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 3.4 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right which seems good for a F color SI1 clarity 1.24 ct diamond?Just this thing about clarity enhanced.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all your time, Steve.
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DaBunt,You may want to take a look at these posts from a good diamond forum where experts and consumers discussed clarity enhanced diamonds.
http://www.diatalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4084 Personally, if you are willing to buy over the internet from an American company, I think you can buy a more beautiful, non-enhanced diamond within your budget.You may have to come down a bit in color, perhaps to a G, and go down to a .8 or .9 carat diamond. A better cut diamond may appear larger than a heavier, poorly cut diamond as the well-cut one reflects more light and has the appropriate diameter.You should buy a stone with a GIA or AGS certificate for the best assurance that you are getting what you are paying for. Do a search here and see what your options are. Check out the tutorial as well.Just my opinion,
smile.gif
lawmax

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey mate!if you are the man in the street - watch out you might get hit by a bus!FF dias are not forever
your lady might prefer a cubic zirconia than a seriously tainted diamond.if you want to go for budget - by a I1 diamond with a small visible mark, becaue in years to come the one you are talking about will look a lot worse.
Not a good choice!
garry
ps
The cut adviser is my thingy - just because a diamond is 2.
Any stone under 2 is a fantastic stone and less than 3% of all diamonds ever cut!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
DaBunt,It looks like the diamond you described has EGL report. EGL has quite broad understanding of Tolkowsky proportions (see our tutorial). Real Tolkowsky proportions will score below 2 on the HCA. leonid

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would suggest you purchase a diamond with either a GIA or AGS report. I would also say stay away from a clarity enhanced diamond. If budget is the problem, buy a smaller diamond or give in another area of the diamond. You shouls be able to purchase a very beautiful diamond in the budget you quoted above, and not be enhanced.My 2 cents......------------------

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Test..... Just wanted to see if my signature appeared.It may make a difference if people know I'm in the jewelry business, but then again, you guys know as much as most jewelers about diamonds.Nice site, and friendly place.
------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results