shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity Enhanced? good/bad/ugly?

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by DaBunt, Feb 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. DaBunt
    Rough_Rock

by DaBunt » Feb 11, 2001
    Hi,I am looking for a diamond in the .9 to 1.2 range.I get the impression that a good cut is very important....Given that my budget is only $4500 I was thinking about a clarity enhanced diamond.I understand what clarity enhanced means but does it really matter to the man in the street (me)? Any comments on clarity enhanced diamonds?The one I am looking at is Tolkowsky Ideal Cut with the following details :
    Total Depth: 62.8
    Table Width: 56%
    Crown Height: 16%
    Pavilion Depth: 43%
    Girdle Thickness: Thin, Faceted and scores the following :Factor Grade
    Brilliance Very Good
    Fire Very Good
    Scintillation Good
    Spread
    or diameter for weight Very Good
    Total Visual Performance 3.4 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right which seems good for a F color SI1 clarity 1.24 ct diamond?Just this thing about clarity enhanced.

2. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

by lawmax » Feb 11, 2001
    Thanks for all your time, Steve. [​IMG]

3. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

by lawmax » Feb 11, 2001
    Hi DaBunt,You may want to take a look at these posts from a good diamond forum where experts and consumers discussed clarity enhanced diamonds.
    http://www.diatalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4084 Personally, if you are willing to buy over the internet from an American company, I think you can buy a more beautiful, non-enhanced diamond within your budget.You may have to come down a bit in color, perhaps to a G, and go down to a .8 or .9 carat diamond. A better cut diamond may appear larger than a heavier, poorly cut diamond as the well-cut one reflects more light and has the appropriate diameter.You should buy a stone with a GIA or AGS certificate for the best assurance that you are getting what you are paying for. Do a search here and see what your options are. Check out the tutorial as well.Just my opinion, [​IMG]lawmax

4. Garry H (Cut Nut)
    Super_Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Garry H (Cut Nut) » Feb 11, 2001
    Hey mate!if you are the man in the street - watch out you might get hit by a bus!FF dias are not forever
    your lady might prefer a cubic zirconia than a seriously tainted diamond.if you want to go for budget - by a I1 diamond with a small visible mark, becaue in years to come the one you are talking about will look a lot worse.
    Not a good choice!
    garry
    ps
    The cut adviser is my thingy - just because a diamond is 2.
    Any stone under 2 is a fantastic stone and less than 3% of all diamonds ever cut!

5. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Feb 11, 2001
    DaBunt,It looks like the diamond you described has EGL report. EGL has quite broad understanding of Tolkowsky proportions (see our tutorial). Real Tolkowsky proportions will score below 2 on the HCA. leonid

6. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

7. StevL
    Brilliant_Rock
    Trade

by StevL » Feb 11, 2001
    I would suggest you purchase a diamond with either a GIA or AGS report. I would also say stay away from a clarity enhanced diamond. If budget is the problem, buy a smaller diamond or give in another area of the diamond. You shouls be able to purchase a very beautiful diamond in the budget you quoted above, and not be enhanced.My 2 cents......------------------

8. StevL
    Brilliant_Rock
    Trade

by StevL » Feb 11, 2001
    Test..... Just wanted to see if my signature appeared.It may make a difference if people know I'm in the jewelry business, but then again, you guys know as much as most jewelers about diamonds.Nice site, and friendly place.
    ------------------
    StevL
    www.demsjewelers.com
    www.eightstar.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.