shape
carat
color
clarity

Citrine ring for under $250

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, BF hinted that he wants to buy me a citrine ring for around $250 and wants help finding one
31.gif
Can anyone suggest a jewelry store that may sell a citrine ring for around that price? Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how bout buying the stone separate from the ring, and then find like a LOGR or Jewelryhoo or LanB04 setting from Ebay and get it set, I think you can get a nicer looking stone independent of a setting kwim? I''ve been eyeing citrine since they are my DDs birthstone as well, and they are relatively not as expensive unless you go more natural in the coveted color. just a thought. this way you have a say in your overall design.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Look at overstock.com too. They generally have citrine rings there.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think he can handle such a big project
19.gif
He doesn''t know a thing about jewelry so the idea of buying a stone separately will probably be too overwhelming for him, which is why he just wants to go a store and buy a ready-made ring.
I''ll check overstock.com. How is the quality of their rings?

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
www.ice.com has a selection of citrine rings also. I''ve never purchased from them though.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
totally get it now
2.gif
how bout LOGR already made citrine? Link to LOGR citrines since you already or have seen the quality of the rings by them already here on PS.

ETA: Link

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 9:48:13 AM
Author: chiapet
19.gif
He doesn''t know a thing about jewelry so the idea of buying a stone separately will probably be too overwhelming for him, which is why he just wants to go a store and buy a ready-made ring.

It''ll vary. The stuff on overstock.com is stuff that didn''t sell in the original stores; basically an outlet mall on the internet.

I''ve purchased 2 pairs of earrings from them and the quality was quite nice.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 9:48:13 AM
19.gif
Overstock has nice designs, but I''ve found their diamond melee isn''t very good quality - it tends to run SI2 to I3. I''ve sent a handful of earrings back that were lovely in concept, but had such murky diamonds.

And chiapet, what kind of designs do you like - do you like diamond halos, or do you like simpler, more streamlined things?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if this is your style at all, but QVC has this ring in citrine (sorry, I couldn''t snag the pic for some reason). I actually have this same setting in green quartz, and I like the texture on the setting. I''ve got a thread on mine if you want to see different/close-up pics.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
In my opinion if he does decide to get a citrine get one with a unique cut or a "different" type cut. Instead of just being a citrine ring it will have that extra flair and uniquness to it. A well cut or unique(sorry keep using that word) cut will boost that common citrine into a higher class. It might be hard to find one like that at a jewelry stone but online shouldn''t be a problem. Please let us know what you get....

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always been impressed by ben Bridge's citrines, but their prices are on th rather high side:

http://www.benbridge.com/bb_store/product.php?productid=10026&cat=0&page=2

Ross Simons has some unique, though not exactly leading edge, designs.

A few hundred ebay "buy it now" options for less than $250:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=citrine+ring+gold&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=cz%2C+earring%2C+mens%2C+plate%2C+crystal%2C+vermeil%2C+plated%2C+silver%2C+ss%2C+simulated%2C+simulant%2C+synthetic%2C+synth%2C+sterling&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_okw=citrine+ring+gold&_oexkw=cz%2C+earring%2C+mens%2C+plate%2C+crystal%2C+vermeil%2C+plated%2C+silver%2C+ss%2C+simulated%2C+simulant%2C+synthetic%2C+synth%2C+sterling&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=10&_udhi=250&LH_BIN=1&LH_IncludeSIF=1&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=Zip+code&_fsct=&LH_SubLocation=1&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D0&fsradio2=%26LH_LocatedIn%3D1&_salic=1&_saact=1&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

(sorry about my inability to paste links. In this case it's a computer issue, not a user issue!)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, cellentani!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
VR, thanks for the links. I looove the Ben Bridge ring. Very pretty.

Cellantini, your quartz (?) ring is gorgeous! I love how you replaced the side stones. Great idea. I''m going to look at the citrine version.

AM guy, besides cushion cut and checkerboard cut, what other "unusual" cuts do you suggest for citrines? I haven''t seen many citrines in person (only the ones at Tiffany) but the ones I''ve seen are cushion cuts.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about something like this? Even if this particular ring doesn''t float your boat, Sally has other settings and could probably source the stone for you.

Heart of Water citrine ring

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking maybe something really artistic with an outline that is somewhat asymmetrical looking. Maybe even something like a shield cut(which I love) or a keystone cutor a whistle cut. Check out some of J.B.'s different styles www.gemstoneartist.com/Designs.asp

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 9:31:58 PM
AM guy, besides cushion cut and checkerboard cut, what other ''unusual'' cuts do you suggest for citrines? I haven''t seen many citrines in person (only the ones at Tiffany) but the ones I''ve seen are cushion cuts.

The trillians are nice. My citrine sparkles really well in that cut! Not sure how ''unusual'' that is, though.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I love trillions...it is my favorite common cut..hands down

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-madeira-citrine-rhr-in-lan-bo4-ebay-setting.116523/ My setting was 200 (Lan.bo4 sets your stone for free if you send it to him) and my citrine (with much haggling at a gem show) was 30. I've had my citrine looked at by a few jewelers and they think I pretty much got a steal. I did upgrade my diamonds and set mine locally. But... if I hadn't done either of those things it would have been $230.

Now, I went to another gem show this weekend and the citrine was junk. So you have to get lucky. But Gene does have one right now that I love... and it would look amazing in this LOGR setting)...

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=9&idproduct=2520 (citrine) and

setting http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370210999004 (he'd make the head for you for an 8.5 round)

or this setting http://cgi.ebay.com/SOLID-14Kt-WHITE-GOLD-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-SETTING-RING_W0QQitemZ120432942251QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiamond_Solitaire_with_Accents?hash=item1c0a5cdcab&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1308%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 You can try to win this one through auction. It would be perfect for that stone. You could bid a little over 150 and I'd be suprised if you didn't win it.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey gypsy the color mof your citrine is to-die-for..what a wonderful color..awesome

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you AMGuy, I'm very happy with it. And at the gemshow this last weekend it was very nice to have gem dealers compliment me sincerely on it. Especially when i asked for something similar and they said, "I don't have anything that quality here at all." And the show I got it from is coming around it in July and I want some matching pieces.
35.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
When dealers comment like that then you know you have something special. they have multitudes of stones pass through their hands so most everyone is like the next...unless you have a good one...
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2009 1:17:13 AM
Author: Gypsy
Thank you AMGuy, I''m very happy with it. And at the gemshow this last weekend it was very nice to have gem dealers compliment me sincerely on it. Especially when i asked for something similar and they said, ''I don''t have anything that quality here at all.'' And the show I got it from is coming around it in July and I want some matching pieces.
35.gif
That''s such a beautiful ring, and that''s madeira citrine color if I''m not mistaken. It''s so dramatic a stone against the white gold. I can''t believe you won that setting for $200. Right now LOGR is quoting me around $400 something for the same setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you TL. Yes, it's a madiera citrine
1.gif

Lan.bo4 takes best offers-- the setting was over 300. But I saw the setting and thought... meh, I'd pay maybe 200 for that. So I submitted a best offer. He accepted. I did upgrade my diamonds for 60 bucks, but probably won't do that again, since I actually like single cuts in pave and his standard melee is G VS. And if you send him your stone (to thailand, grant you) he will set it for free. But I had mine set locally.

Amguy, yeah that was the impression I got too. One of them was like... no all my citrine is yellow and small. Good price, but not that quality. I told him what I paid and his eyes popped out, he asked to see it, louped it and said... "It's real madiera citrine (which I knew cause my own jeweler had confirmed it) and very good cut, you got a very good deal."

July baby. That show comes around again in July.
27.gif
I'm hoping that same dealer is there, cause he had some other semi-precious that I was interested in last year, but didn't buy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results