shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb--What the Heck?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
Okay--I called a Chubb agent today to arrange for insurance for my soon to be e-ring. My understanding from extensive searching on this forum was that I did NOT need to have Chubb renter''s or homeowner''s insurance to purchase coverage for the ring. This lady, though, said that I DO need to get a renter''s/homeowner''s policy. What gives????
sad.gif

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I took out a Chubb Valuable Articles Policy earlier this year for my jewelery. I didn't need to write any otherpolicies with them. I think the key is that you need the Valuable Articles Policy and not a rider on homeowners or renters policy.

reena

Ideal_Rock
The girl told me that the valuable articles policy HAD to be attached to a homeowner's or renter's policy.
confused.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I just spoke to them on Tuesday and I didn't need their homeowners insurance. Call again. Did you get a reference number? My call took 2-3 minutes. I was shocked how quick it was. The only thing that I needed to do was to fax them my appraisal.

reena

Ideal_Rock
Wow--what state do you live in? I'm so confused.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I live in Maryland.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
You know what, I got my ring from Blue Nile so maybe that makes a difference because they asked where did my fiancee' I purchase the ring at.

reena

Ideal_Rock
hmmm, that's so weird. maybe i should call your chubb person! i don't so much mind switching to chubb renter's if i HAVE to, but i want to know whether this woman is being straight with me or not.

anyone else get chubb coverage lately?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Chubb Insurance was Awesome from 07/28/2004. Look at this site.

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
I could not get a local Chubb agent to insure me in the Nashville,TN area. I read a thread about a Mr. Guy Huntley 206-344-4150. He is in Seattle with a large insurance agency, and licensed in all 50 States. I called, explained what I was seeking, and had a very reasonable Chubb quote in writing within 4 hours. Also toook my descrition of the article as appraisal. I have read many threads of people not getting a chubb policy for various reasons too. This solved my problem. My homeowners is with another large co, and their special articles policy lacks.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I got Chubb insurance here in Missouri a few weeks ago. I do not have any other policies with them...just this valuable articles policy.

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
I also thought I would mention this. Chubbs Valuable Articles is offered in both itemized and blanket coverage. I choose itemized specifically for her engagement & wedding ring. It was necessary for a detailed description of the rings, and due to its value.

She also has a pendant valued at $6,000, and a few other pieces in the $2,500 - $5000 range. Rather than insuring each of these piece itemized, blanket coverage is valid up to $10,000 whether Chubbs is aware you own the piece or not. The coverage is not limited to a specific item and provides protection to the lower value items that you may not consider when evaluating your total protection. Mr. Huntley knew his way in and out of this policy. I was told there were no deuctible options available, and that the policy was a full cash out for total loss. As far as policy pricing goes it is fixed by the states insurance commisioner so for TN (me) or MD (you) it will be consistent no matter which Chubb/PLIB agent you go through. I purchased this policy in the last 30 days, so I believe my info is accurate. Hope this info helps.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Great info.
9.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much! We're kind of in a pickle because we want to buy our stone asap (yay!) but don't want to purchase until we're insured.

i still can't understand why different chubb agents would have different policies! i think ill give mr. huntley a call.

thanks guys.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in MO and have nothing other than the Valuable policy through them.

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
Reena,

Guy Huntley and Sean both helped me at that office. He even offered to educate a local agent in my area on how to go about doing this (without my homeowners being with them) So i would be with a local agent. At that point, I figured I wanted coverage through someone who knew what they were doing, so I gave him the business. He'll at least email you a quote and their written policy quickly. Try Toll free:800 646 3285

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any info on California?

reena

Ideal_Rock
great, so if i understand what you're saying it should be fine for me to go through guy or sean even though i live in new york?

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
Reena. I don't believe your location will effect him being able to cover you or not.

I am in Nashville, and he is in Seattle, and it was as easy as 1, 2, 3. About 2 weeks after the fact, I did have a Nashville agent call me willing to insure. They quoted me $3 bucks less per year. I already had a policy written and on my desk, so I feel like I made the right decision. Hope you do too.

motcs

Rough_Rock
StellaMarina, I live in Los Angeles, and went through a local Chubb agent, Trish Halfacre who can be contacted at:

LINN T HODGE & SONS
11150 OLYMPIC BLVD. #950
LOS ANGELES, CA 90064
Phone: 310-477-2666

If you don't live around LA, you can always just go to the Chubb website and try to locate an agent closer to you.

reena

Ideal_Rock
This is great, thank you! I have a call in to Guy right now. Forget these NY agents trying to sell me homeowners!!!

Greentree

Rough_Rock
I used to be an insurance agent many years ago. The reason the agent wanted your homeowners and maybe your auto insurance, too, is many agents don't want to write a little one-shot monoline policy (incurring its errors and ommissions exposure) while at the same time the commission generating mainline business is written by somebody else. It's just not worth it.

reena

Ideal_Rock
understood--sorry, i wasn't trying to malign the agent. it's just frustrating to feel like you're not getting the whole story.

1.gif

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Well, I just inquired through a Chubb agent in the Bay Area here and she said that they don't want to write the hazardous part of the policy unless they write the better policy, i.e. homeowners or renters. She suggested I get a floater on my current homeowners... So I guess some of us are still confused. I have AAA homeowner's coverage - but their jewelry rider is probably not as good as Chubb's? Does anyone know?

Dana

reena

Ideal_Rock
you'd have to check but my understanding is that most homeowner's policies do not provide much (in terms of dollar amt) coverage for e-rings, nor do they essentially cut you a check for the insured amt if you lose the ring. instead, many will replace the ring with "like kind".
14.gif
thats why i chose chubb.

the lady i spoke to at the seattle office was very helpful--maybe give them a call.

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay: i'm insured! thanks to all of you for making that task about 5000% easier.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo does that mean the stone checked out OK at the appraiser's & you're the proud mama of a 2.07ct cushion??!!
appl.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
YES!!!!

well, as of tomorrow when i go in and pay that is. :D

i am SOOOOO excited! i might have to dedicate a post to my new ownership!

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Thanks motcs! I will contact this guy and see if he can set me up! I appreciate the info...

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results