shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb no longer insures jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pivotalrex

Rough_Rock
Chubb does not have a minimum amt the jewelry must be worth. There are many brokers for Chubb. If you are having issues locating one you might want to try Wachovia Securities since they act as a broker for Chubb. And you''re right it is semantics, the jewelry is now covered under their Valuable Articles. I just had fiance''s wedding ring insured as of last Thursday. Sounds like the broker you spoke to does not handle this type of insurance very often. Personally I like Chubb, but as other posters have said, Jewelers Mutual is also very good. Good Luck with your decision.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
A chubb rep researched for me and she got my E-ring insured through travelers ins. I am located in the midwest. Not sure if all chubb offices refer to travelers for the jewelry insurance.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the responses... and to Emeraldfan for checking with your agent!

I ended up finding an Chubb agent that would insure the jewelry if I also got renters insurance with them as well (fine since I''m in the market for that as well). Turns out they''re quite pricey, but it''s not a surprise considering they are no-hassle. Annual cost for Chubb would be over 2x what it would cost for me to get renters insurance through Allstate (my auto insurance), and had jewelry covered by jewelers mutual. I''m going to do a little more shopping around, but I''ll probably opt for jewelers mutual in the end. Oy, what a chore.

Thanks again for everyone''s help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results