shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrysoprase cabs quality

greengems

Rough_Rock
I bought recently a lot of chrysoprases from Garut,West Java for example I post here two of them for wich I paid 300$ one and 375$ the other but then I see chrysoprases at an online shop for just 10$ in gemselect,someone has any experience at buying from gemselect?how can they sell so cheap?and then I see chrysoprases on other shops for 400$ and 600$....
I upload the ones I bought at 300$ and 375$
Then in gemselect just even less than 10$ https://www.gemselect.com/chrysoprase/chrysoprase-515545.php
Screenshot_20200806-133822_Gallery.jpg

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
I've purchased a few things from GemSelect, and the quality matched what I would expect for the price I paid, some were better than the pictures indicated. I never had lab testing performed, but with what I have available to test things here, the descriptions accurately reflected the item and quality.

That being said, the GemSelect chrysoprase look much cloudier and are lacking the glow the ones you posted at the higher price point. So, I'd think the higher cost is directly related to the level of transparency and depth of good color.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too believe the one from GemSelect is less transparent and the colour less vivid than the higher price ones.

DK :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too believe the one from GemSelect is less transparent and the colour less vivid than the higher price ones.

DK :))

agreed. They are cheaper because they are less vivid and less glowy/transparent.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought recently a lot of chrysoprases from Garut,West Java for example I post here two of them for wich I paid 300$ one and 375$

Those are beautiful! Can I ask who the vendor was?

greengems

Rough_Rock
I bought them from a carver in mining chrysoprase area in garut,west java

greengems

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'll ask around the next time I'm there ;)2

Well if you ever go Garut,the chrysoprase comes out mostly from villages of bungbulang and caringin villages and from Cikolak mines in west java
Few locations are famous between locals for quality chrysoprase
Cisangkal
Cisanggiri
Darson
Kyara Payung
Cikolak
Rojadin
Some are the name of area and some the name of the lan owners
It mostly comes out mix with jaspers and native copper sometimes gem sillica also

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
When comparing price vs quality for any gem, we need to know that the price increases exponentially as the quality increases, and when we get to the best of the best of the best, there is basically no ceiling on the price of the gem.

Cheap examples of a species are usually just not going to be pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results