shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrysoberyl CADs from WF - Comments are Welcomed

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, I'd like to thank LD again for helping me work around the picture attachment issue.

Upgradable and Deorwine,
I am sorry to say I had the exact opposite reaction when I opened the CADs last night. My jaw dropped and I was rendered speechless but not in a good way. As it is, the final design could not be a further departure from my original inspiration. It now looks like a "regular" (if there is such a thing) split shank setting, merely altered for a trilliant.

LD and jstarfireb,
I'm with you on the feeling of the design. I much prefer version 2 even if the head is squat and the curvature isn't there. It no longer captures that slight edgy modern touch coupled with that timeless feel. I have requested WF to return to version 2 and see if there can be any further slight modification (keeping the main elements untouched) to raise the stone a little and curve it as much as structurally possible.

Aoife,
You are very tactful in expressing your opinion, and yes, I am definitely not liking this one at all as well. :(sad

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Hm, okay! I see what you mean -- the third one is distinctly less edgy. (I suppose I'm just a boring conventional girl after all :) )

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just opened this post - the second version looks beautiful. And the stone! And this tiny "leaf' on the side!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I agree that I liked the one side having the wires fused instead of split. What I liked about this third version was that the flow of the split side had been fixed, and the height seems really good: not too high, not too low.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think 2 and 3 are both pretty, but 2 rocks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAD version 4 is in but I'm still having the same attachment posting issue, even using a different computer. I suppose I'll have to ask for help again. Sorry.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I would PM you my email so I could post it for you, but there's no PM here. Argh. Can't wait to see the CAD.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the various offers to post the CADs for me. I've asked the moderators for assistance in posting them and also to look into my picture attachment issue.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latest CADs from Chrono

Chrono 1ver4.jpg

Chrono 2ver4 (1).jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Those latest CADs look quite nice. The curve is smoother and the back prongs are more vertical. It does make quite a difference from the profile view.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results