shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas upgrade -- WF crescendo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icefisher

Rough_Rock
Attached (I hope) are photos of the fruits of months of my lurking here, the ring "upgrade" that I surprised my wife with for Christmas. For now the WF pix will have to do until, as someone else put it, the sun returns to Michigan. Which should happen by May or so.

The diamond is a 1.663-ct AGS Round Ideal from Whiteflash''s Expert Selection:
Color: G
SI-1
Depth 60.6
Table 55.9
Crown angle 34.9
Pav angle 40.8
7.69 x 7.70 x 4.66
HCA 1.4

The setting is WF''s Crescendo Hand Engraved Half Bezel, Platinum.

I have to echo what lots of others have said, the info I learned from roaming around on PS was invaluable. I did A LOT of looking, at B&Ms, Costco special order & elsewhere, and just as I was about to drown in all the flood of info, I found this site which helped make sense (mostly) of things. Thanks all.

Whiteflash was great to work with, the only glitch being self-inflicted: my discovery, while the ring already was in production, that my "size sleuthing" had been based on bad info from my wife herself, and a ring that she wears on her middle finger.
6.gif
A frantic call (and a few bucks) later, and the 7 that I ordered became the 6 that''s pictured, and it arrived in time.

As for presentation, I''m afraid it was a little more mundane than most of those I''ve read about. No ocean sunsets or 5-star restaurants; instead there were PJs and bathrobes and shredded Christmas wrap all over the floor and our 6 kids in various degrees of squabbling and squealing in delight over their own presents. And the ring wrapped in a piece of tissue, pushed up inside the third finger of a pair of leather gloves. Which truly did surprise my wife, because after 18 years of marriage it was entirely plausible that her husband''s Christmas gift to her would be....a pair of leather gloves.
9.gif

crescenplat.jpg

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
Icefisher-

You done good!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing gift--you did WONDERFULLY, and I bet your wife is thrilled!!! more pics, please!! It''s GORGEOUS!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, great job on the upgrade!!! Hand pics when you can get them. Just stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh wow! It''s stunning! Would love to see more pictures.
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
18.gif
that is gorgeous! well done indeed.
i love that you put it on the gloves...classic.

and yes...more pics!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - love how the stone is framed - it reminds me of a flower. Gorgeous band and engraving...the whole thing is a gorgeous masterpiece!!!!! Ya done great!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring!

I love that she opened it with all of the kids there and that it was hidden in a leather glove...very good!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful upgrade Christmas gift! The ring is simply stunning. Please tell your wife we need to see pictures of it on her hand.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I just LOVE these "been happily married for years" stories and upgrades!!! Congratulations! Gorgeous diamond, beautiful setting!

Here''s to many more happy years together!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Icefisher...it''s just gorgeous! I LOVE that scalloped half bezel!!

Did Mrs. Icefisher faint away with surprise? She must have been thrilled!

Well Done!!!
36.gif

widget

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
awesome ring icefisher.
What a special upgrade for 18 yrs of marriage

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your wife is one lucky lady! Great job ice and WF!

momof3crazykids

Rough_Rock
Wow! That is a beautiful ring. I love engraving! Congratulations on making it to 18 years of marriage. I''m in Michigan too, and can''t get any non-blurry pics of my new upgrade either. She definitely deserved a surprise after having six kids
9.gif
. I felt I deserved an upgrade after only three
emwink.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Congratualations and what a beautiful choice!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is one of the sweetest "ring" stories i''ve heard. I have a houseful at Christmas time and would be floored to find a ring in a glove
23.gif
Very, very special i''m sure. You did a super job picking the stone and the setting...gorgeous, gorgeous, did I say it''s gorgeous?

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! You did a great job. I personally would prefer something totally suprising like finding a beautiful diamond in my gloves, rather than a typical romantic setting on a mountain or something. I am sure she loved it, and I wish you both many more years together.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2006 6:42:10 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Beautiful - love how the stone is framed - it reminds me of a flower. Gorgeous band and engraving...the whole thing is a gorgeous masterpiece!!!!! Ya done great!

~~That''s the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pics too... it reminds me of a flower. Very pretty, and I think that the setting shows off the diamond beautifully!!! Love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I absolutely love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
awww, I love stories like this! Each one is so unique and touching. Especially this one! What a beautiful ring and great idea for the present presentation.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Perfection, and I think the way you gave it to her was wonderful and thoughtful!
36.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring and great story

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and beautiful setting. I particularly love the engraving on the side. Absolutely stunning ring. You''ve done great. I''m sure your wife must be ecstatic.

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
This ring is beautiful and I''m sure your wife was THRILLED to receive it. I''d gasp and fall over if my husband did this on his own.

As far as the lack of sunsets and 5 star restaurants, you sound like a charmer in your own right - let me just say that your telling of the story actually made me giggle out loud.
emteeth.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock

Love the ring ...love the setting, but I especially LOVE your story!

Congratulations on such a wonderful surprise purchase!

36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring! It''s gorgeous and I think this is the first scalloped bezel I have seen. What a wonderful way to present it. I''m sure your wife was floored.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love how you hid it in a pair of gloves. How did she react????? I think I wouldn''t have believed it!

icefisher

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice comments; they''re really appreciated after 2 straight months of being convinced every decision was absolutely the wrong one...Jelly you''re especially perceptive; I''ve been telling my wife the exact same thing for a long long time now.....
4.gif

Her reaction was puzzlement at first. She tried on the glove (thankfully the left one, so I didn''t have to say "you really should try on both") and thought it had some bad stitching in the finger. But she was distracted by our 3 & 4-year olds whacking at each other with their new "light sabers," so it didn''t really register until she''d worked it out of the glove and unwrapped it. She was really really surprised, and seemed a little wistful about what would become of the "chip" I''d originally given her, back in grad school. But I said we''d figure out some use and that soon passed.

I can''t take credit for the glove idea, my original plan was a series of boring domestic gifts (gloves, portable umbrella, etc) culminating in a glass butter dish from Target with the ring inside. But a friend convinced me to put it in the glove so I did, and made sure that one was last. You have not seen the limits of marital patience tested until you''ve seen your spouse''s reaction on Christmas morning to opening up a new glass butter dish with nothing inside it.
23.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Icefisher, the ring is beautiful. I have never seen a setting like that before, and I love it! It does look like a flower. I can''t wait to see some hand shots.

Date: 1/5/2006 9:32:30 AM
Author: icefisher

You have not seen the limits of marital patience tested until you''ve seen your spouse''s reaction on Christmas morning to opening up a new glass butter dish with nothing inside it.
23.gif
LOL, I can totally relate to this. I''ve been married for nearly 20 years and got a new Dustbuster for Christmas.
20.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow--the ring is just gorgeous! I love the "flower" bezel, the lovely engraving & the gorgous stone! How romantic to hide the ring in a new pair of gloves--I''m sure your wife was over the moon!

Congrats on 18 years of marriage!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results