shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas propsal! JBEG + Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
A lovely Christmas for me -- I was presented with this fabulous antique cushion from Grace, which was set by Leon. I''ve had the stone for 8 months now (maybe 9?) and the setting was done by the end of October...and I''ve been (nosovery) patiently waiting for it to be given to me ever since.

The stone is a 1.71 ct, I/J, SI1 stone that took me FOREVER to decide to buy. I was in contact with Grace via dozens of emails and just couldn''t possibly recommend her more. She took extra photos, comparison photos, videos, etc for me and held my hand every step of the way. It was very overwhelming buying an antique cut stone from the other side of the world, but she worked extra hard for me and did such an excellent job. I won''t hesitate to buy from Jewels by Erica Grace again.
36.gif

Grace sent my stone on to Leon, who I had contacted about regarding the setting. I changed my mind (and I''m talking major design changes) multiple times, waffling back and forth, he refigured quotes for me no less than 4 times, and I found him to be extremely pleasant throughout. I appreciated all of the advice he offered me and was pleased that he was willing to do whatever I decided on, despite his own preferences. In the end, I chose the basic elements I wanted and had him redesign the basket for me. I was basing my ring on the infamous cushion of Reena''s -- but I wanted the basket to be different, so it wasn''t an exact replica. He did a fabulous job of feeling out exactly what kind of shapes I liked and executed it perfectly. I corresponded with him via email and phone calls (multiple) and never felt as though he were losing patience or being short with me.

When I received the ring, I immediately noticed that the centerstone was loose. It was a bit dramatic, as I was on a pretty tight timeframe (due to international flights). I took it to my local jeweler, who was unable to tell me anything about how to fix it. I overnighted it back to Leon, who fixed it in less than 2 hours, and returned it via overnight delivery. He called me to let me know what was going on every step of the way, reimbused my shipping costs, and was very graciously apologetic for the issue. I think it must have shifted during transit, but he seemed to take it very personally that he had delivered an item that wasn''t perfect. I found his customer service to be excellent.
1.gif

On to the pictures! I''ll try not to overwhelm you guys, but it''s so much fun to photograph!

The unset stone from Grace:

christmascushion.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Propsal? I think I meant propOsal!
2.gif

On my hand:

gingerxmasring.JPG

justginger

Ideal_Rock
The profile that Leon designed:

christmasringprofile.JPG

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Looks like glass!

christmasglass.JPG

justginger

Ideal_Rock
A better shot of the basket design:

betterxmasprofile.JPG

justginger

Ideal_Rock
The famous underhand shot

xmasunderhand.JPG

justginger

Ideal_Rock
And the last one (sorry there are so many!
4.gif
) - a picture taken in the dark with my computer monitor as the only light source. So beautiful, I LOVE antique cuts!

christmasringindark.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!

Congratulations, and I hope the rest of your christmas is just as wonderful
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Congratulations...I''m sure the waiting was impossible!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!!!!!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a beautiful ring....love the pics, especially the last one in the dark...just stunning! Congratulations on your engagement!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful ring! I love the cushion.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and congratulations on your engagement!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I like the basket...it''s very unique.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow-Ginger it is gorgeous!!! I saw your ring on his site!!! I have been drooling over it!!!!! It looks so very lovely on your finger!!! Have you tried any bands with it? I know Leon would shriek but I have
always wondered how they would sit with that ring. I would be a happy camper if you posted about a million more pictures of that baby. Did you see the shot of your ring on his site before you got it?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle -- I''m so glad you mentioned seeing it because I didn''t even know it was on his site!!
9.gif
It''s very exciting seeing glamour shots of her!
31.gif
I did check online before I got the ring, but it wasn''t listed at that point. Now it''s r4105 -- can''t believe I have my own Leon number!
2.gif

I haven''t tried any bands on with it and have decided not to wear a band flush with the engagement ring. I''ll be wearing two bands on my right hand instead (we''re having two weddings, so two bands). I guess it will look like a conventional ering/wedder set on my right hand, though the band with diamonds will probably only be a half eternity of .10 cters or so. If you were to put a band against my ring, there would be a gap of about 1.5mm or so - the bottom of the basket being rounded out like it is, I think it would sit about that far away. It would still lie below the edge of the halo though.

Need to take some more photos of her -- seems like I get runs of good ones and runs of bad ones. My camera can be quite tempermental in interpreting the light return of the larger facets. I LOVE having it set in a halo though because then I get the best of both worlds...big flashes from the cushion in low light and tiny rainbows from the halo melee in bright sunlight.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is absolutely STUNNING. I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your ring. Congratulations on your Christmas engagement!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, ginger, she''s BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations again!!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

your ring is absolutely to die for, i adore the basket design
30.gif
30.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yay congrats JustGinger
36.gif
gorgeous gorgeous ring
30.gif
love the diamond ''bubbles'' round the basket
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! Many congrats
36.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is perfection. I love cushion cuts, and of course the setting just adds to how spectacular the stone is. It was born to be on your hand!

mariel

Shiny_Rock
WOW, that''s gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I love how you picked it out and designed it and everything
3.gif
. Woman after my own heart. Did you FI have any opinions about it or was he happy to let you be happy designing it?

Where do you live may I ask? This is not a very romantic question, but I am curious about how you will handle maintaining the melee if necessary? I don''t live in the same country as Leon either and one of my hesitations about buying a pave ring from him or another US vendor is the international shipping thing. Wondered if you have figured out a method if that becomes necessary. Which it won''t!!
9.gif
But hypothetically of course...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful - congrats on your engagement and show us some more pics please!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is truly amazing! The detailing is beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is gorgeous.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that ring is STUNNING and AMAZING - absolute perfection!! Congratulations on your engagement and your FABULOUS ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results