shape
carat
color
clarity

Chose H&A, next most imp. factor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loleigh

Rough_Rock
Hello -
We are looking - and thanks to my awesome sweetie pie, definitely would like a H&A -
in the carat range of 1.35 - 1.45.

Q - What would be the next, most important factor?
Is it the color - G, H or I?
Or, would it be Clarity - VS2, VS1 or SI1?

Or, something else?

41.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I would look for the best cut diamond within budget - so the colour and clarity is really personal preference :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for clarity next - you are smart going for cut first.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would want and eye clean stone and then next color. I think color is personal preference though. Welcome to Pricescope loleigh.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 10:55:33 PM
Author:loleigh
Hello -
We are looking - and thanks to my awesome sweetie pie, definitely would like a H&A -

Or, something else?

41.gif
It depends on your preferences. Personally I would ( assuming the cut is top notch) go as low as I could for clarity as long as the diamond was eyeclean, colour can be visible so I would probably put colour second on the list.

For me -

cut
colour
clarity

vf0valkyrie

Rough_Rock
Ditto.

Cut, clarity and colour in this order for me.

And in my case, Very Strong Blue flourescence as well
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
for me..
cut + eye/mind clean + reasonable color then budget determines size.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your budget will determine the rest. I''d address your colour range first, then go to the clarity level that is absolutely eye clean. It''s hard to say without knowing your budget, what colour you''d be looking at. Clarity is the least important as long as it is *eye clean*, as some people are more sensitive to colour than others.

loleigh

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much -
still trying to decide!

Date: 2/15/2009 10:55:33 PM
Author:loleigh
Hello -

Or, something else?

41.gif

Personally I like to think of C ''importance'' in terms of how people will view the diamond on the finger and in a ring. The first thing noticed by most people when you show them a diamond is shape and size (not always controllable based on taste preference and budget), second is how well it sparkles and dances (cut quality), then whether the diamond has tint or not (color). For many viewers the last thing noticed is eye cleanliness (clarity). That depends, of course. Some people like inclusions and seek them as a priority. Other people may really value high clarity for cultural reasons. Many clients like the attitude that you should not pay for something you can''t see, which makes clarity an easy decision. Many SI1 clarity ratings (GIA and AGS) will be 100% eye clean. It''s when you get to SI2 and I1 that you need to have a closer look. The size, shape and cut quality of the diamond all figure into this again (just reinforcing what others have said about making CUT a priority).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results