shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tr65

Rough_Rock
Hello there everyone! I have been doing research about diamonds for about two months now. Looking at independents in my area, going to auctions, looking at estate jewels, and reading everything at pricescope.com that I can find. I have also been reading the forums andtalking with some online dealers. My question is this: I have narrowed to 2-3 dealers(usacertifiesdiamonds,dirtcheapdiamonds) that I feel comfortable with. The stones look remarkably alike that I have been quoted and the prices are pretty much in line with each other so I feel the stones are coming from one central place. At this point should I buy from the one I'm most comfortable with and has the best customer service? Also has anyone heard anything negative about the above dealers and has anyone ever heard on diamond brokers of Florida?

Sorry I rambled for a while, but this is a big decision and I want to make the right choice.

Thanks!

Jess

Rough_Rock
The vendors do have access to the very same inventory unless they themselves own a few. With online vendors, pick the one you are the most comfortable with, who has the best return policy, and gives you the best service. The 1st 2 you mentioned are used often by people that frequent this site and both have gotten good reviews here. Diamond Brokers of Florida comes VERY highly recommended by the experts here. Apparently they offer superior stones and superior service. I think they have many, many more stones than are listed on their site. Same is true for Jonathan at goodoldgold.com. They love him here. I would call or email either or both of them, tell them what you want, and see what they can do for you.
Good Luck!:wavey:

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
TR65, you are correct that the stones are coming from the same source. The retailers on pricescope tend to maintain small inventories but they are able to tap into a wider database that includes thousands of stones they can obtain for you.

The different retailers can all quote you a price on the same stone, and some of them make price-matching guarantees.

Apart from price, other factors to consider are the return policy (how long is it? how many hoops do you have to jump through? is there a restocking fee or other penalty?) and the upgrade policy (do you get full credit --or any credit -- for the price you paid in the event you want to upgrade to a more expensive diamond).

ADOL tends to quote the lowest price, but they have a short return policy and if you pay with a credit card and decide to return the diamond you get whacked with a big penalty.

tr65

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your help. Also is ADOL the same as usacertifieddiamonds?

Thanks.

tr65

Rough_Rock
Who is ADOL?

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
affordablediamondsonline.com

daizy

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/26/2002 2:39:13 PM Caratz wrote:

TR65, you are correct that the stones are coming from the same source. The retailers on pricescope tend to maintain small inventories but they are able to tap into a wider database that includes thousands of stones they can obtain for you.

The different retailers can all quote you a price on the same stone, and some of them make price-matching guarantees.

Apart from price, other factors to consider are the return policy (how long is it? how many hoops do you have to jump through? is there a restocking fee or other penalty?) and the upgrade policy (do you get full credit --or any credit -- for the price you paid in the event you want to upgrade to a more expensive diamond).

ADOL tends to quote the lowest price, but they have a short return policy and if you pay with a credit card and decide to return the diamond you get whacked with a big penalty.
----------------

Hi! In response to the "getting whacked with a big penalty" in regards to ADOL's return policy, you get a full refund for the purchase price of the diamond, however, you do not get refunded the postage paid to get you the diamond.
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I bought from USA Certed Diamonds, and was compeletely satisfied with the process, service, etc. I worked with both Tony and Martin. They sent the diamond to a local independent appraiser so that I could see it and have it appraised before having to pay for anything. (Didn't want to worry about getting my money refunded if I sent it back. That was a big plus for me.)

I saw the same diamond from multiple people -- I think you can tell by specific dimensions as well as matching specs which are the same. USA matched the lowest price. I told them I found whatever the lowest price on pricescope was and they matched it.

I don't know if they have an upgrade policy -- that wasn't important to me.

If you search on the various vendor's names here, you'll find lots of testimonials as well as experience advice.

good luck and enjoy!
wavey.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought from DBOF & I had both great service & a great price. Remember, they all get their stones from the same sources, but its the service that will separate them from each other. Find one you click with, & start to build your "relationship" with them. You will find you'll need that familiarity when the anniversaries, birthdays & "just because" days roll around.
2.gif

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results