shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing the stone- down to 2 options-help!

teddyb326

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Im finally about to pull the trigger on a whiteflash stone. Looking for the best stone with $7k or under price tag.

Ive narrowed it down to these two options

1- https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022601.htm
2- https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4097154.htm

Im struggling to decide on which is the best buy. One has a better color, the other better clarity.

Looking for advice from the forum its the largest purchase Ive ever made

, what do you think?!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At first glance, I probably notice color over clarity. I would ask WF their opinion on the eye cleanliness of the H SI1.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
of the two diamonds, i favor the h color si clarity diamond

teddyb326

Rough_Rock
Thank you both very much for the replies!
I had WF pull the diamonds and do a side by side. You are right the color is what is most noticeable.

However the SI does show some inclusions that concern me. See image below:
SBS_1.12-1.213-1.068.jpg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
glad you could see for yourself.

oftentimes, that is what is truly most important

to my eyes, huge, im talking huge, color difference.

the h color is either a "high" h and or that i color is a "low" i

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say that there is a definite visual color difference between H and J. I'd go with a smaller H over a larger J unless you know for sure she would not care about seeing tint in a diamond and would prefer a larger stone. Of course, you can always upgrade the H for an anniversary later.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The clarity bothers me more than the color. You can upgrade later on color.

Reactions: caf

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
*******please note .....

that in my earlier reply to you @teddyb326 my eyes completely bypassed the j color diamond in the center and went immediately to the I color stone on the right. and i was comparing that i color to the h color on the left. i really should have re-referenced your original post.

the beauty with whiteflash is their wonderful upgrade trade in policy. if you live with the h color si for a while and realize that the clarity is not where you want to be, then you can always trade it in. i understand it to be one of the best upgrade trade in policies within the industry.

hope that helps

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results