shape
carat
color
clarity

Choose a mounting for large hands and small diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about a halo setting where the diamonds go all the way around the center stone. This type of setting definitely makes the stone look much larger.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my pick.
With G-H VS ACA diamonds WF will do the smaller halo setting on this page for less than 650 dollars. None of these are for a 1/2 carat sized round... but WF can call and ask (as not all the adwar settings are listed on their site...) if they have a halo for a 1/2 carat round. I bet they do. Also ask them if they have any other halos they can get for 1/2 carat diamond in 14K WG or 18K WG for less than 1000.

1117.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look. I found this at another casting company it has versions for both .4 and .5 rounds. Pretty too.

ENR-49-1-1 is the setting and another vendor on here pointed me to the this casting company. Whatever jewelery you are working with should be able to work with them and get you this setting ... as its stock from a casting company is saves you major $$ that would be 300 bucks toward a larger stone!

http://www.uniquesettings.com/catalog.php?ctype=BRIDAL%20RINGS&pname=ENGAGEMENT%20RINGS&cstyle=12&StartPage=32

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 3:08:41 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 1/10/2007 12:52:20 PM

Author: hikerchick

stci,

what about this WF setting with any of the diamonds suggested before that cost less than $950 after PS discount ??

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Diamonds-in-Bloom_1038.htm
hiker I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring!!! it''s so pretty!! and it''s wide and yet feminine and still holds a center stone - I hope she likes it because I think it''sperfect!!

I was looking again at WF settings for my e-ring and when I saw that setting I immediately thought of stci . . . I also think she will be able to get a wonderful final product with that setting and any of the WF diamonds everyone has found in her price range . . . I hope she likes it as well.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:19:28 PM

Date: 1/10/2007 3:08:41 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 1/10/2007 12:52:20 PM

stci,

what about this WF setting with any of the diamonds suggested before that cost less than $950 after PS discount ??

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Diamonds-in-Bloom_1038.htm
hiker I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring!!! it''s so pretty!! and it''s wide and yet feminine and still holds a center stone - I hope she likes it because I think it''sperfect!!

I was looking again at WF settings for my e-ring and when I saw that setting I immediately thought of stci . . . I also think she will be able to get a wonderful final product with that setting and any of the WF diamonds everyone has found in her price range . . . I hope she likes it as well.
I originally wanted a cut dout design like that - I totally love them - but my diamond (the funky duck) didn''t like them, er I mean didn''t look good with them lol I toally love them with rounds though :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s perfect Mrs S! The look and the price both.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
I have short, fat, fingers (around size 7.5-7.75).
I think that thinner bands look better on my finger than wide ones.
Cathedral settings also tend to be more flattering.

I like Mrs.Salvo''s pick.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ho!! Thank you girls!

I really like halo setting idea! More... more please!

Do you know websites where I could sell the ring that I have currently?

1.jpg

2.jpg

1418534185.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I would not sell the set you have. It''s very pretty and could be passed down, and you''re not likely to get enough for it to merit selling it, in my opinion.

I have big fingers, too. It''s important to make sure your ring is sized generously. My jeweler likes to size the ring so it doesn''t turn at all, and I have to argue with him every time. I''d rather have the diamond turn a little bit than have the ring tight and have it make my finger look squished. Not so big it comes off too easily, but rather so that it doesn''t make the finger bunch out around the shank.

The choices above look very pretty and I think would be flattering to a larger hand.

Good luck!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Here's the setting I mentioned. It's a dome ring. 11.5 to 12mm wide band from north to south in this shot. Probably top of dome is 6 or 6.5mm above the finger. The outside diameter of the little "ring" at the base of the head is 5mm and the gap between prongs, measured inside is 6 to 6.5mm. Supposed to be .22ct diamonds and 6.22 or such grams 18k gold. Diamonds are white and firey. That finger is sz. 4.5 or 4.75.

If it were me, I'd put all $2000 in the biggest acceptable-color-and-cut PS vendor diamond and then borrow for an inexpensive setting. But YMMV (your mileage may vary, LOL). Depending on what color & clarity you can tolerate, you could get close to .70 or so. A 5.8mm RB is a lot more look than .5ct & under.

Thread of halo rings pictures:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-rings-with-halos.27882/

There's also another thread of rings under 1ct and one for a halo added to an existing setting that has a .5ct or so. It's worn with a channel set band.

JID1.JPG

Jean

Shiny_Rock
How about this... http://www.adiamor.com/R-1039-R2661-1.htm

I have had two rings made by them and my last one came out awesome... http://www.adiamor.com/R-1054-R2734-1.htm for my 1.20 radiant and I cannot get over how much larger it makes my stone look. They did an awesome job and if you do decide to contact them ask for Kristina, she is the best. Check out the other settings on the site. The have tons of them and they are very affordable. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results