shape
carat
color
clarity

Choice to Make

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Looking4stone

Rough_Rock
I have narrowed my search of an emeral cut diamond to 2 choices.
One is .94ct and the other is 1.02. Both are very good cuts, E color. The VS1 (.94) has a featehr and internal graining, and the VS2 (1.02) appears to have some inclusions on the plot. On the GIA cert for the VS2 it states that additional clouds are not shown. Other than that everything is about the same. I''ve seen the .94 ct under loop but not the 1.02. I will be seeing that tomorrow. All things considered equal, which diamond would you recommend?
21.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Looking....you haven't provided enough information for any of us to give you a meaningful answer.

We need crown/pav angles, table, depth, etc. for each stone.....all the details on both would help.

If you can get those, I'm sure we could chime in and help you narrow it down.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
"All things considered equal, which diamond would you recommend?"

Whichever one you prefer. Since you're seeing them both individually, I would suggest letting your eyes (and your wallet) be the final judge.
1.gif

Looking4stone

Rough_Rock
Yep, here you go. Although i don't have the crown height yet on the 1.02. I am aware that the 1.02 will be squarer than the .94

6.55 x 4.69 x 3.26
E VS1
Depth 69.5
table 61
crown height 13.4
Polish - good
Symetry - good
girdle - slightly thick
culet none
floro - none
Clarity Characteristics - feather and internal graining
$4820

6.61 x 4.90 x 3.38
E VS2
Depth 69
Table 60
Polish - very good
Symetry - very good
girdle - slightly thick to thick
culet none
floro - none
Comnments - Additional clouds are not shown.
$4700

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Provided that it looks great to your eyes, I'd personally go with #2. Looks bigger, costs less and has better symmetry than #1. Not to mention that it goes over the magic 1 ct mark that most women dream of.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would go with the one carat+, In the future if and when you want to upgrade, it's much easier with a 1.00+ as most jewelers would consider that and give you a better price then if it was less than a carat.

Reghardless of these stones ,even if you don't like thses when you see them ,try to strech yourself to 1.00+cts.

good luck

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I wish we had the crown height and more info on the 2nd one as well. It's hard to determine if there's a difference in light return.

Looking4stone

Rough_Rock
just got the crown height. it is a little biger than the forst one. It is 16.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is more common in EC than RBC, but, both are quite deep, i.e. with a smaller diameter than you could get for something of the same weight cut differently. I am not saying that you should pay a premium for a branded (not that any EC brand comes to mind now) cut: just that you should not pay for diamonds with deep bottoms and small tops. These stones (both) have great color, good calrity (both should be eye clean) and average cut. There should be no premium for a stone closer to 60% depth, and a bigger 'face'.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results