shape
carat
color
clarity

Chocolate milk- candy or food?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Part gypsy-- The studies i have read control for or examine both vitamin D and age--the findings still remain. And yes, i understand how science works and can be ''massaged" (worked in research social science stats dept in uni) In terms of hormones and anitbiotics, i agree that it''s an additive and not a downfall of milk per se, but if it is present in our milk and therefore consumed, how can its effect on humans be ignored? Why would you want to? And i think the issues with pasteurization are similar. Milk may be okay in its intended raw form assuming the cow is healthy, but once we start heating the hell out of it, we alter its composition/taste etc & compromise vitamins and enzymes . Same as when we cook veggies --we loose some nutrients in the process.
So, i guess we''ll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that, or wait for more research.
5.gif

In the mean time, i am going to trust mother nature on this one, there is a reason no other species consumes another''s milk & there is a reason human mom''s make their own milk for kiddies to be raised on. BUT, since we are in fact humans and an intelligent, resilient bunch, i do like what we''ve done with milk & believe that it can be a treat --esp when added to cocoa and sugar --so a bit of yummy chocolate now and then isn''t so bad, right
31.gif
3.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JAS no hard feelings, I guess everyone has their pet peeves. It actually sounds like you have done quite of bit of research, just that the opinion piece of the doctor rubbed me the wrong way. I do think it is an interesting hypothesis that too much protein in diet can prevent calcium absorption and it should be researched further. And if so, proves the point that moderation in all things is key.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results