shape
carat
color
clarity

Chipotle Mexican grill ¿Si o No

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
The first Chipotle in our area just opened with lines around the block.
I had never heard of Chipotle till I saw some of you discussing it.
I am wondering if all the fuss is justified and what is best on the
somewhat limited menu. People around here just love dining out be it
casual or elegant so it''s hard to tell.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Chipolte! It is soooo good. They give you nice hefty portions, reasonably priced and I think it tastes pretty fresh. I usually get the quesidillas (SP??) and they are great. The first time I went I got toquitos I think they were called and I was not happy with them, but my lunch mate got something else and hers was so good I gave it another shot.

There really isnt one close to me either so when I am in the area I always got to Chipolte. Usually only every 3 months so it really is a treat.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2010 10:50:45 AM
Author:MissMina
The first Chipotle in our area just opened with lines around the block.
I had never heard of Chipotle till I saw some of you discussing it.
I am wondering if all the fuss is justified and what is best on the
somewhat limited menu. People around here just love dining out be it
casual or elegant so it''s hard to tell.
Er...I wouldn''t stand in a line that went around the block for it, but it''s not bad.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Chipotle is, in my opinion, really good for fast food mexican. I always go with the burrito or burrito bol. The burritos are HUGE and you get to pick assembly line style what goes into them. I''ve heard that they will make anything you want with the ingredients they have on hand, but I''ve never tested that out.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not my thing. I''m not a fan of cilantro and they load their rice with it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Delicious! I like their barbacoa and their carnitas.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 11:02:42 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
+1

But, I willl add that you do get plenty of food for your money. Definetely more than one serving of food for sure.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s tasty!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your input.
The line around the block may have been the day
they were giving away free burritos
18.gif

No actually that was the day before.
It is walking distance from my house so I will
give it at least one try.
The only chain Mexican restaurants we have here
are Monterrey and Taco Bell.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I like it. One of my favorite fast food chains. That''s what it is -- fast food. But it''s (relatively) healthy. I always get the burrito bol.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Si, si, si. LOVE their chips, guac, and green salsa.
18.gif
And their burritos too, of course.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Chipotle = YUM! The carnitas are really good. Is it as good as the kickass Mexican we could get when we lived in South Texas? No, but for fast, cheap food, it''s delicious.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Si, si, si.

It''s the only fast food (besides McD''s salads) that I can eat and enjoy on Weight Watchers.

I get a salad (no dressing, it''s icky and bad for you) with black beans and barbacoa, fresh tomato salsa, medium salsa, and hot salsa. Under 350 cals!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Chipotle is way way WAY better than taco bell!!

I always get the bowl w/ barbacoa (shredded seasoned beef), extra rice, black beans, med and hot salsa, lil bit of sour cream, guacamole, some cheese, and lettuce. I normally can''t finish the burrito because the tortilla takes up too much room. By cutting out the tortilla, i can add a bunch of extra stuff and still finish everything! Can you tell it''s my favorite fast food place?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
They are EVERYWHERE up here. And we eat it often. I love the red salsa w/ sour cream and chips.

It isn''t like it is the BEST Mexican food around, but a big step up from Taco Bell. If you''re looking for a quick, big portions that you can eat for 2-3 meals, then go for it. Its always worth a shot. I''ve never had a bad meal there. My husband gets the chicken tacos, extra meat, only cheese. I get the veggie burrito bowl w/ everything pretty much on it...and only eat a quarter of it at a time!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It's okay, I don't hate it or love it. I was very upset, however, when the local Baja Fresh was replaced by a Chipotle. In the battle for Mexican fast food, I felt Baja Fresh was far superior!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely prefer Baja Fresh also, but there aren't any where I live now. Chipotle is pretty good.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I like it but its so full of sodium its gross to think about. Also, whenever I eat Chipotle I weigh 2-3 pounds more the next day due to water retention from the sodium.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Love Chipole. But not worth lines around the block. The Chipole near me never seems to have more than 5 people in line.

I was just there a few days ago.

Date: 1/27/2010 11:02:42 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Which is my favorite item on the menu
3.gif

I think for a $6 burrito, you get a huge amount of food (1-2 meals worth) and it''s not bad, and it''s quick!

I LOVE Chipotle.
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Chipotle!

I usually get a bol with chicken, but if I''m feeling crazy I''ll get hard shell tacos with barbacoa. Mmmmm!

Give it a try, it''s great for fast food, and those bols are good for at least two full meals.

By the way--they give away free food on Halloween if you come in with foil on your head, or if you dress up like a burrito in some other fashion.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I def have a love affair with Chipotle! I''ve introduced so many friends to it, and they all LURVE it! Nowadays, I get the salad with no dressing with chicken and black beans and cheese (I don''t eat salsa), or soft tacos with the same plus lettuce. I could eat it everyday, honestly. The nice thing about the tacos is you get three, and you can get a different meat in each one if you would like, so you can try them without having to commit to a huge burrito. I like their rice, but I''m not a big rice person, so I usually skip it or only get a tiny bit. Eating a whole burrito will put you in a coma!

The Chipotle here usually has lines if it''s anywhere near meal time. I don''t consider it Mexican, just tasty. I don''t really care for mexican food, personally.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
OK fast food. Their Barbacoa is delish!
18.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Count me among the Chipotle fans. I think the food always tastes fresh, and I like that you can customize what you want. I don''t eat it often, mainly because the portions are huge and despite my good intentions, I always eat too much.

For a quick lunch stop, I think it''s a good, tasty value! Very popular around here during lunch hour.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Eh, I didn''t like it that much. Cafe Rio is my fav. Mexican fast food place followed by Rubios.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm chipotle sounds goooooooood.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was sooooo excited when opened up near us. Went with DD, and left with burning tongues, too spicy for me!!! We were soooo bummed, because we really wanted to love it.

Date: 1/27/2010 1:15:39 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I was sooooo excited when opened up near us. Went with DD, and left with burning tongues, too spicy for me!!! We were soooo bummed, because we really wanted to love it.

I find, it depends on which store makes it... sometimes I have to pick all of the chicken out and give it to FI because it BURNNNNS and sometimes it''s not bad at all!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It''s ''stand at the counter and order'' food. Meh.

It''s been written up all over the net as having some of the most fat laden, high caloric offerings of any restaurant chain.

Their dang burritos are as big around as a man''s arm, for gosh sakes!

This is Texas, and we have authentic Mexican, Southwest, and Tex-Mex, super cheap. No reason to go to CG or Taco Bell, so I can''t actually tell you about the tastiness of said Huge A$$ Burrito.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results