shape
carat
color
clarity

Chipotle Mexican grill ¿Si o No

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Si
18.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
No. It''s a step up from Taco Bell/Del Taco but it''s the Mexican fast food equivalent of Subway to me.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
This thread has made me really hungry. I''m waiting on a package I have to sign for but if it comes before I have to get my kids at school I am going to hit up Chipole for a carry out burrito bowl with rice, black beans, fajita veggies, salsa, and steak. Mmmmm I hope the fed ex guy gets here soon.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
NOM NOM NOM... I love Chipotle!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I like it. It''s better than Taco Hell, that''s for sure. Their stuff is fresh and priced well, but it''s nothing extraordinary.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Taco bell is nasty.

come on fed ex, get here already. I''m hungry!

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
It''s okay. One time my chicken at Chipotle was not cooked. I haven''t been able to go back since. We prefer Qdoba or Moe''s!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
SI!!! SO and I love Chipotle... to the point where we''ve joked about just having a Chipotle burrito bar at our wedding (and I''m not really sure if he''s joking...)

Don''t wait in a line out the door but if there''s like 10-15 people in line it usually moves pretty quickly.

I get a Fajita Burrito Bowl with Chicken. I like the bowl so I can mix up all the ingredients. And I''m not a huge bean fan so I prefer the onions and peppers you can get on it when you order it Fajita style. It''s HUGE portions so definitely be hungry when you go or be prepared to take half of it home.

I LOVE the rice so I guess it''s just a personal taste issue.

Mmmm I just ate but somehow I want Chipotle right now...

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I really don''t like it. I find the food to be bland and not very good. I love Mexican food, but I''d rather go to a local Mex place with decent food (it''s not like good Mexican is typically expensive or anything either).

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
No. Sorry, I am not a fan to these types of places. Go somewhere auth. I hate Chipotle.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 11:19:16 AM
Author: mscushion
I like it. One of my favorite fast food chains. That''s what it is -- fast food. But it''s (relatively) healthy. I always get the burrito bol.
It''s actually pretty bad for you...

Go here to click on everything you order (by ingredient) and look at the nutritional information. My burrito (tortilla, rice, chicken, cheese, sour cream, salsa) is 885 calories!!!!!!! It''s worse if you add beans/guac/etc.

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

I lovvvvvvvveeee Chipolte, but when DH and I found that site we seriously cut down to eating it about once a month--and only if we skipped an earlier meal.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I looooooooove it, always get a chicken burrito
18.gif

DH has a strange obsession with their tortilla chips, they are good though
30.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
No, I don't like it. I think they pack their burritos with too many filler ingredients like rice and beans. At the end, there's just this pile of rice and tortilla.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 5:17:18 PM
Author: luckystar112

I like it. One of my favorite fast food chains. That's what it is -- fast food. But it's (relatively) healthy. I always get the burrito bol.

It's actually pretty bad for you...

Go here to click on everything you order (by ingredient) and look at the nutritional information. My burrito (tortilla, rice, chicken, cheese, sour cream, salsa) is 885 calories!!!!!!! It's worse if you add beans/guac/etc.

I lovvvvvvvveeee Chipolte, but when DH and I found that site we seriously cut down to eating it about once a month--and only if we skipped an earlier meal.

Here's the thing about it being "bad" for you though.. if that's your entire dinner with a glass of water, it's completely reasonable. I eat about 200 calories for breakfast, and maybe 500-600 at lunch so eating a big burrito for dinner still puts me well within my ideal caloric range for the day. True its LOADED with salt, but really any fast food is as well as many sit down restaurants. I do my best to minimize my salt intake at every meal so I allow myself Chipotle without a guilt trip.

ETA- I also get a bowl (so no tortilla) and ask for light on the sour cream as that is a huge calorie addition so that helps keep it healthier too.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m watching Oprah right now and she has the owner of the chain on the show. Apparently (I''ve never been there), they use very fresh ingredients and they offer a few items done really well, instead of having a zillion things to choose from, which would lower the quality.

I''d like to try it some day.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 5:31:25 PM
Author: heraanderson
No, I don''t like it. I think they pack their burritos with too much filler ingredients like rice and beans. At the end, there''s just this pile of rice and tortilla.
Big ditto. Qdoba is the same. I guess that''s why I think it''s so bland and tasteless - it''s all rice, some beans, and a tortilla. Blech. And even if you get the spiciest salsa, there still isn''t any flavor or spice at all.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think Chipotle seriously depends on where you are. They buy local grown veggies *in case ya''ll didn''t know* and that causes it to vary some. We like one in Pt. St. Lucie WAY more than ours.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Si!!! Veggie burrito bowl with no rice, no cheese, and sour cream on the side. YUM!!! esp with chips.

I lvoe it, it''s fresh, they use real ingredients and non-hormone meats so it makes me happy when DH eats it too:)

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
It is a little too bland for me for mexican food. I prefer more authentic flavor. But, it does seem to be a healthier option.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 6:44:19 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
It is a little too bland for me for mexican food. I prefer more authentic flavor. But, it does seem to be a healthier option.
LOL...just reading that it isn''t that healthy after all! I guess I just perceive it that way since it is so bland!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We have a couple of local options here... Freebirds and Zookas. Freebirds is my favorite followed by Zookas and then Chipotle. They all do the burrito/quesadilla/bowl kind of thing but I think our local options are much more flavorful... possibly because we have a large Mexican population in Texas? Chipotle wasn''t bad though and I''d probably go there if once in a while if we didn''t have the other options.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chipotle is fast food Mexican...like a notch above TB.

and oooh NO on Don Pablos. I ate at one once in MN, and it was not good.

But I think it depends on where you live and what you consider Mexican food. I live in CA so we have Mexican by actual Mexicans, including my grandma! Mmm carne asada taco with onions and cilantro...the ultimate in simplicity!

But for most states I think someplace like Chipotle is what they got. It's why I always cry when I think about moving away. To go where there's no REAL Mexican? I think I'd die. Or at least take Grandma's recipes with me. But in a lot of places I think you can find a more auth place if you look.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Chipotle. I like the chicken, but the Barbacoa is also yummy! They do tend to load the rice on, so I always ask for less...easier to eat that way :)

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Chipotle is ok, my husband loves that place. For fast food type Mexican, I LOVE Tijuana Flats! You can request wheat tortillas, and fat free cheese and sour cream. I really like that they have healthier options, I feel far less guilty when I do eat it.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Si, si, si! I have been cutting back lately because I have a few too many burritos around the waistline.. but it''s so good! I agree it''s not always the healthiest, but you can make it pretty healthy if you want.. The tortilla, cheese, sour cream, and guac really add on the calories though! I could eat rice and beans anyday though so maybe that''s why I like it so much!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 5:17:18 PM
Author: luckystar112
I like it. One of my favorite fast food chains. That''s what it is -- fast food. But it''s (relatively) healthy. I always get the burrito bol.
It''s actually pretty bad for you...
Go here to click on everything you order (by ingredient) and look at the nutritional information. My burrito (tortilla, rice, chicken, cheese, sour cream, salsa) is 885 calories!!!!!!! It''s worse if you add beans/guac/etc.
I guess -- the portions are absolutely huge, that''s the problem. I tend to hold the rice on everything I eat because rice just adds a ton of calories without much nutritional benefit and I only ever get one thing, cheese OR sour cream OR guacamole. Plus, I do feel like a lunch at Chipotle holds me over for longer than many lunch options.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Si for me!

I look at it as good and reasonably priced fast food rather than good Mexican food. I like their meat, the fresh salsas, and the fact that I can get veggies and beans... which makes it a bit healthier than most fast food options. I had a chicken fajita bowl just a few days ago... yum!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every blue moon or so its ok. No decent mexican food in our area to speak of (such a shame, where I''m from I had tons to choose from) I always get a naked burrito without the rice and with black beans on lettuce. I guess technically its a salad at that point. there''s still the sodium but I drink tons of water daily, it flushes out. I''d rather have the lettuce to be honest (I do not eat guac unless I make it myself)

I''m a weird and picky eater, I know.

-A

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Chipotle is like any fast food for me, I do not want it on a day to day basis, but when I crave it there is no substitute. I might eat it twice a year. We got one when I was in undergrad and I was gaga for it then. It was great college food, but I have outgrown my love for it (just like cheesy breadsticks, greasy subs, and the like).

We are fortunate enough to have a ton of taco trucks in our city and that is the kind of Mexican fast food that I would wait in a line for. YUM!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Si for me. I get the steak burrito bowl and share chips and guacamole with DH.
30.gif

I''m surprised no one mentioned this yet...Chipotle also serves beer and margaritas (at least in the NYC metro area), so it makes a great pre-party dinner stop-off. You get a hefty dinner that''s quick and easy on the budget, including some of the cheapest bottled beer available. it''s a great bet when you''re going to make an evening of it
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results