shape
carat
color
clarity

Chinese superstitions and the 4Cs / diamond quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi diamondpug,

I''m a Cantonese and i''m living in Asia, so mayb i can provide u wif a better idea.

Actually, i''ve not heard of pple avoiding certain stones cos of the 4Cs or the numbers in the carat weight, but if u''re really concerned, i''ll say avoid having the culet. We''re more concerned abt choosing auspicious dates to do certain things (like wedding), which is more than just abt numbers. I can advice u on tt too if u''re interested.
2.gif

As for the numbers, the chinese believe tt even numbers are better than odd numbers (is tt an excuse to get a 2 carat instead of a 1 carat?
27.gif
). Thus, we usually try to have things in a pair, altho i dun think tt''s possible as far as an e-ring is concerned.

Also, the numbers to avoid r generally 4 (death) and 6 (slip away - kinda implies tt ur luck/love/fortune will slip away). As for the gd numbers, 2 = easy, 3 = life, 8 = wealth, 9 = a long time (as in ur relationship will survive for a long time). These are actually just based on the numbers having pronounciations similar to certain chinese words.

Certain numbers, when combined, makes up what sounds like auspicious phrases in chinese.
E.g.
238 - easy prosperity and wealth
178 - to prosper together
3344 - forever and ever (this is the only time when the number 4 is part of a nice-sounding phrase)

However, even as a chinese (i''m catholic tho), i''ll advice u to take the above with a pinch of salt, cos nothing beats building ur relationship on a strong foundation! IMO, love conquers all.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results