shape
carat
color
clarity

chicagohills and I Are Official!

loves_chicagohills

Rough_Rock
After many weeks that seemed like they would never pass, I finally received chicagohills' ring last week, and I proposed on Wednesday... (You guys can guess her answer...) We are both absolutely thrilled with the setting and stone, both of which we purchased through the awesome staff at Good Old Gold. I'm going to post a thread about my GOG experience in Rockytalky and a description of the big day in Proposals, but in the meantime... Here are the specs and a few pix taken by Christen at GOG.... More of our own pix to come later...

Setting is by Richard Landi with an Antique style finish and 273 round brilliant diamonds (1.20 ct) of various sizes in pavé and micropavé setting all the way around the ring.

Center stone is 0.998 ct H&A round brilliant, G color, SI1. The ring's total ct weight is approximately 2.20 cts.

overhead.jpg

wallace

Shiny_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW! I knew I stayed up for a reason... it was to see this absolutley stunning ring!!! Speechless!!!

Congratulations on your Engagement!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

(and your exceptional taste.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
It's sooo beautiful...we're looking for something very similar, but with a bezel set stone!

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Holy Mackeral - I'm still swooning - How... did...you...do... THAT!???! Was this a completely custom work (I do not know who R. Landi is)? Finger pic's tomorrow - PLEASE! Micropave...hmmmm. I still have a lot to learn.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow..That is a super dynamite setting..The pave around the perimeter of the center solitaire really adds depth and a bigger appearance to your center stone..
21.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.richardlandi.com/press5.html

He has the most amazing stuff...keep his site in my favorites!
3.gif

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Tawn! I guess I missed it b/c I like the modern look - this ring looks like a variation on a square cut that was on the site- similar but not the same. However, this one just takes my breath away! What are you doing for a wedding band?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
*bling bling*

That is a breathtaking ring!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!
love.gif
Congratulations to you both.

DiamondLil

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a beauty. She's such a lucky girl. I love all the little diamonds set around the center stone.

Daniela

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Sparkle galore!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Impossibly beautiful.
Congrats.

slb

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

Oh my, what a nice ring... She's one lucky girl...
I love the profile of that ring too!!
love.gif
love.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That ring is beautiful. What a wonderful choice.
Such Sparkle.
appl.gif
appl.gif

Nan

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one beautiful ring. I am in love. Lots of bling. Hand pics please. (actually just take all the pics you want and post them) I will never get tired of looking at it. Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love the intricate setting and the great looking stone. Congratulations!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It's such a lovely ring.

By the way, I love the avatar! Can I assume that you are blinded by the ring?
3.gif
Is that you or Edward Norton?!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY ! Finally
2.gif
Hope I wasn't too much of a surprise killer.
9.gif
The ring turned out absolutely amazing and I think you made the right choice in not going Regent for the stone, the round looks divinely perfect in there. Congratulations to you both and wear in excellent health!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Gosh! It's just beautiful... And the profile is downright regal! Congrats!
1.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. What a beautiful symbol of love. Hand pics are required!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What a beautiful stone/setting. Very elegant & classy - what a stunner!
Warm congratulations on your engagement!
9.gif

diamondgrl77

Rough_Rock
WOW! That ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Congratulations on your awesome purchase! ENJOY!!!!!

loves_chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Thank you all very much for your kind words and compliments... We've been incredibly busy the last few days (hence no finger pics yet), but they are coming soon. We might even be able to take a few this evening.

In response to a few comments: Yes, the gallery surrounding the center stone really does do amazing things visually. The diamond looks really BIG sometimes, but it's honestly not too big or flashy... The proportions are just perfect for chicagohills' lovely finger.
1.gif

For our wedding band, we're going to talk to Mr. Landi about designing a matching ring, very likely something like the e-ring's band but in pink sapphires.

Finally, that's Ed Norton from Fight Club in the avatar, but I love the idea that it's him being blinded by the ring...
10.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink sapphires in the band!!! Oh wow. That is going to be so very pretty. But why stop at one, imagine how incredible it would look with a band of pink above and below.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Now this is a ring!!!!! Wow - one of the most beautiful settings I have seen on this board. This is one of those peices that qualify in my book as an heirloom. I can't say enough....

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful ring, very original and unique!

loves_chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for your comments... We've finally taken some more photos, so here they are. I'm also going to post a link to a little movie in Quicktime...

04.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results