shape
carat
color
clarity

check it out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
woo hoo! i won this cool sapphire in a "secret stone" contest. it was hidden on a web page with instructions on how to claim it. from what i understand, there are ten stones to be given away [and this is the third].

i can’t give more information because it might disqualify me from winning future stones. the interval for secret stones is between one and four weeks.

here is a photo. it does have some natural inclusions, but it is eye clean. can you see the faint band of blue? i was told that it is quite bright and will work very well as an accent stone or even by itself.

how would you set it??

Pale-Sri-Lanka-Sapphire(4).png

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Karee888: that''s really interesting. I''ve never heard of anything like that, I guess thats why its a "secret stone contest"

thats a really neat bicolor sapph, if I were to set it I would want to make sure that the blue band could be seen, although it is faint.
very cool

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! what a great find!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Way to go. I love bicolor sapphires. And, yes, I can definitely see the blue band.

Assuming you don''t want to spend much on the setting, I''d take a look at Stuller. They have lots of possibilities for emerald cut stones. Personally, I''d get a simple split shank setting similar to this in 14k white gold. Your local jeweler can order the setting for you and set the stone. The setting comes in lots of sizes for different size stones.

stuller70548_Y_.jpg

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, very cool!!! do you happen to have a link? that site is hard to find exact items... :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I see a bit of a blue band in one corner. I''d play it up as much as possible too with an open prong setting. Congratulations on winning the sapphire.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:54:48 AM
Author: karee888
ooh, very cool!!! do you happen to have a link? that site is hard to find exact items... :)
Here you go. Link I just did a search for "emerald shape ring", and it came up on the third page.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
You''re very lucky! Nice gem!

This reminds me of hoofbeats garnet thread. These "secret stone giveaways" are very intriguing! (I googled it, but couldn''t find any information on this type of contests... they''re very secret indeed!).

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karee, how lucky you are. The stone is really lovely. I love the hints of blue I see.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay for you, Karee!! Here''s hoping you find another secret stone! Please post pics when it arrives, and let us know what you plan to do with it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 2:52:29 PM
Author: RubyCharm
You''re very lucky! Nice gem!

This reminds me of hoofbeats garnet thread. These ''secret stone giveaways'' are very intriguing! (I googled it, but couldn''t find any information on this type of contests... they''re very secret indeed!).
It does remind me of Hootbeat’s secret giveaway prize too. Sounds like something really fun to do.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new stone, how lucky are you!?!?!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky lady! Very pretty and unique stone!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results