shape
carat
color
clarity

Chasiu's latest obsession - big colorful pearls!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
The last few months, I seem to have been bitten really badly by the pearl bug. Maybe it's because I told myself, "No more diamonds or gemstones!" So then subconsciously I thought "Pearls are ok right?!" In any case, I had been wanting to get a strand of hanadama pearls for a long time and finally decided 2023 was the year. But lo and behold, the prices have gone -insane- for all the various reasons, so instead I thought I would get some other smaller pieces in the mean time. Well, Pearl Paradise started doing livestreams sales and I started watching in November. The first live I saw featured a collection from another pearl vendor that they were selling for Black Friday.

I picked up this lovely diamond & white South Sea 12-13mm drop enhancer.
Chasiu SS Enhancer.jpg

It has definitely become one of my favorite pendants, since it feels pretty substantial with the setting.
Chasiu SS Enhancer 2.jpg

About a week later, I picked up a pair of metallic pink lavender 10-11mm Edison pearl studs. They were seriously a great price so I couldn't help myself lol.
Chasiu Pink Edison 1.jpg

My earlobes are huge, so I feel like these could still be an every day size for me :devil: The lightning is not so great in the shot here, but you can still really see the awesome metallic luster.
Chasiu Pink Edison 2.jpg

Here is a bonus shot of the pink Edisons next to my 11-12mm Golden South Sea studs (which I purchased years ago, so not new!)
Chasiu SS Edison Studs.jpg

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Now fast forward a few weeks to January, and PP has another livestream sale, but this time for rare colored Tahitians. They had some awesome pistachio colored Tahitians that were snapped up in like 2 seconds. I managed to get a single 8.6 x 10.6mm cherry/peacock drop and a pair of 9.8mm blue drop pearls that were just oooh so luscious. Before PP sent them over, I had them set as a pendant and earrings. I posted these in the Latest Purchase thread in Show Me The Bling, but wanted to post them over here for all the pearl lovers :)

I had her set with the 14k rose gold Diamond Dew pendant, to bring out the cherry, blues and purples. Every time I change the angle, I see a different color. It's like endless amusement lol
Chasiu Tahitian Drop Dew 2.jpg

And a neck shot from yesterday, wore it for Lunar New Year. She gets kind of camera shy though, I can't quite capture the coloring well when the camera is right in front of it.
Chasiu Tahitian Drop Dew 3.jpg

Chasiu Tahitian Drop Dew 4.jpg

And the earrings! My 6-year old son noticed them and said they looked like rainbows :) I love the blue body and the halo of pink/purple at the bottom. These are set in the 14k WG Blossom setting.

Chasiu Tahitian Drop Blossom 2.jpg

Chasiu Tahitian Drop Blossom.jpg

And of course a picture of both pieces, with the overhead lighting in my closet (which is apparently awesome for taking jewelry photos lol)

PXL_20240130_025038984.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Up next, I've got some large fireballs coming my way soon :devil: But will hold off on posting pictures until I have them in hand!

Last edited:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Love!!!!! The pp livestreams are very dangerous for my wallet

This is very very true. I rush home from the office on the Livestream days so I can watch while working from home lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful new aquasitions to your collection, i hope you wear them a tonn

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pearls!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Yippee my pair of Edison fireballs arrived this morning :D They were being sold as individual pearls, but they seemed to match size and color-wise so decided to purchase both as earrings! I went back and forth on a few settings; I liked the idea of earrings (maybe as charms on my diamond huggies) but also wanted the flexibility of possibly wearing them as pendants/enhancers. Ultimately I chose PP's Romantic setting in white gold, since it had the more secure enclosure on the back of the earring instead of a leverback.

Chasiu Fireballs 0.jpg

Haven't gone outside to take photos in the sun yet but here are some quick shots in crappy indoor lighting. My son, again lol, noticed them immediately and complimented me on them 8-) I'm enamored by the color and shape!

Chasiu Fireballs 1.jpg

Chasiu Fireballs 2.jpg

Chasiu Fireballs 3.jpg

Chasiu Fireballs 4.jpg

They feel pretty hefty on the ear, so probably not something I'd wear all day long but I definitely feel very glamorous right now lol

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they match so well for earrings and they have gorgeous color and luster.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Wow, they match so well for earrings and they have gorgeous color and luster.

They really do, I was quite surprised. I thought, maybe it would look different in real life compared to what I saw on screen, but the tones are actually quite close. I'm pretty pleased!

Took a few more shots before I went out for lunch, since the living room had some good diffuse lighting. The purples, greens and gold really showed :kiss2:

Chasiu FB Sun 1.jpg

Chasiu FB Sun 2.jpg

And in direct sun, it looked a bit more like pink & green mirror balls!
Chasiu FB Sun 3.jpg

And just for fun, here is one of the earrings hanging off a paperclip necklace:
Chasiu FB Enhancer.jpg

TigerCK

Rough_Rock
They really do, I was quite surprised. I thought, maybe it would look different in real life compared to what I saw on screen, but the tones are actually quite close. I'm pretty pleased!

Took a few more shots before I went out for lunch, since the living room had some good diffuse lighting. The purples, greens and gold really showed :kiss2:

Chasiu FB Sun 1.jpg

Chasiu FB Sun 2.jpg

And in direct sun, it looked a bit more like pink & green mirror balls!
Chasiu FB Sun 3.jpg

And just for fun, here is one of the earrings hanging off a paperclip necklace:
Chasiu FB Enhancer.jpg

I was on that live event and thought you were so smart for pulling those 2 together! I am always impressed when I see people who think creatively. They look great!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! Love the versatility x

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee my pair of Edison fireballs arrived this morning :D They were being sold as individual pearls, but they seemed to match size and color-wise so decided to purchase both as earrings! I went back and forth on a few settings; I liked the idea of earrings (maybe as charms on my diamond huggies) but also wanted the flexibility of possibly wearing them as pendants/enhancers. Ultimately I chose PP's Romantic setting in white gold, since it had the more secure enclosure on the back of the earring instead of a leverback.

Chasiu Fireballs 0.jpg

Haven't gone outside to take photos in the sun yet but here are some quick shots in crappy indoor lighting. My son, again lol, noticed them immediately and complimented me on them 8-) I'm enamored by the color and shape!

Chasiu Fireballs 1.jpg

Chasiu Fireballs 2.jpg

Chasiu Fireballs 3.jpg

Chasiu Fireballs 4.jpg

They feel pretty hefty on the ear, so probably not something I'd wear all day long but I definitely feel very glamorous right now lol

@Chasiu. OMG.

Girl. These earings are a freakin' commercial. Straight out of a magazine. This photo... Gobsmacked. Please tell me Pearl Paradise has asked to plaster this photo all over their social media and website. Because holy sh*t these earrings are EVERYTHING that's perfect and desirable and special about pearls in 2024.

And I just read through - you didn't even buy them as a pre-sorted pair!? I can't envision a better pairing!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

1708886358246.png

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
@Chasiu. OMG.

Girl. These earings are a freakin' commercial. Straight out of a magazine. This photo... Gobsmacked. Please tell me Pearl Paradise has asked to plaster this photo all over their social media and website. Because holy sh*t these earrings are EVERYTHING that's perfect and desirable and special about pearls in 2024.

And I just read through - you didn't even buy them as a pre-sorted pair!? I can't envision a better pairing!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

1708886358246.png

Thank you @yssie! I was secretly hoping you would see the thread and comment :oops:

The pointier pearl on the left was one of the ones they posted on their IG to promote the metallic FWP livestream, but yes I actually wished PP asked to use it for advertising. They are amaaaazing, so beautiful and definitely unique.

I haven't been to the office since receiving these (kids were off from school for a week) but plan to wear them on my first day back. In the mean time, I just wear them around the house and to the grocery store, taking lots of photos whenever I can without looking suspicious haha.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Even though I swore I was done with shiny things this year, I couldn't help myself after I saw these two pearls on the last PP livestream :evil2:

11.4mm Metallic Edisons.jpg

The left is a metallic lavender pink Edison and the right is a metallic white Edison with blue/green/pink tones. Both are 11.4mm in diameter. My first thought was a bypass ring with both pearls, but I don't trust myself enough to not damage them on the first day of wear. So instead I'm opting to put the white pearl in a YG pendant (since I already have the white SS in a WG pendant) and trying to see if I can set the lavender pearl in a ring.

Since it is so big, it doesn't work with many of the stock settings that PP carries, so I might work with David Klass on a custom one, but still TBD! Another option was to set it in a pendant so I can layer it with the white pear, but I feel like I have too many now. I'm open to suggestions if anyone else has ideas on where to go for custom pearl settings :)

TigerCK

Rough_Rock
Those PP live streams are very dangerous to my wallet, too! :) While I love the 'idea' of a pearl ring, I won't get one. I'm not hard on my jewelry but I am sure that I would bang up a pearl ring. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those PP live streams are very dangerous to my wallet, too! :) While I love the 'idea' of a pearl ring, I won't get one. I'm not hard on my jewelry but I am sure that I would bang up a pearl ring. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

i have banged up a pearl ring before
it really puts me off buying a really good pearl to put in a ring

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, those chunky Edison pearls almost look “fake” because they are so amazingly coloured.
I’m not even a Pearl person but I’d have taken those home too.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Received the shipment from PP today! In the end, I went with two yellow gold pendants in different styles. Originally I was thinking to wear them together, but I think I will gift the white Edison to my mother for Mother's Day next month.

These pictures were all shot indoors; I would say in general my phone is not so great at capturing what I'm actually seeing in person. They look so much better to my eyes than the phone!

Edison Pendants 1.png
Lavender pearl set in the 14k YG Grace setting, while the White pearl is set in a 14k YG Diamond Essential setting.

Edison Pendants 2.png
Wearing the Lavender at 16" and the White at 18"

Edison White 1.png
Close up - can really see the blues & greens here

Edison White 2.png
From a little further away, my phone can pick up the pink halo a little more as well

Edison Lavender 1.png
This pearl is metallic lavender pink on one side, and more reddish copper on the other

Edison Lavender 2.png
I see more copper on the left and more lavender on the right

While I was putting the Lavender pearl on for the first time, the section of box chain between the 16" and 18" jump ring broke off. Luckily I was at home when this happened at not outdoors; I was definitely surprised this happened so quickly, seems like the end box link and jump ring were not soldered properly. Will reach out to PP about this, but also will tell my mom to wear her (future) pendant with a more stable chain! I'm otherwise pleased with the color of the pearls and have already been wearing the lavender since it arrived :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both are beautiful!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Received the shipment from PP today! In the end, I went with two yellow gold pendants in different styles. Originally I was thinking to wear them together, but I think I will gift the white Edison to my mother for Mother's Day next month.

These pictures were all shot indoors; I would say in general my phone is not so great at capturing what I'm actually seeing in person. They look so much better to my eyes than the phone!

Edison Pendants 1.png
Lavender pearl set in the 14k YG Grace setting, while the White pearl is set in a 14k YG Diamond Essential setting.

Edison Pendants 2.png
Wearing the Lavender at 16" and the White at 18"

Edison White 1.png
Close up - can really see the blues & greens here

Edison White 2.png
From a little further away, my phone can pick up the pink halo a little more as well

Edison Lavender 1.png
This pearl is metallic lavender pink on one side, and more reddish copper on the other

Edison Lavender 2.png
I see more copper on the left and more lavender on the right

While I was putting the Lavender pearl on for the first time, the section of box chain between the 16" and 18" jump ring broke off. Luckily I was at home when this happened at not outdoors; I was definitely surprised this happened so quickly, seems like the end box link and jump ring were not soldered properly. Will reach out to PP about this, but also will tell my mom to wear her (future) pendant with a more stable chain! I'm otherwise pleased with the color of the pearls and have already been wearing the lavender since it arrived :)

exquisite !
they look so great together
but your mum will love the white one !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results