Premium
Chrono|1307563552|2940935 said:
bright ice|1307563179|2940928 said:
Beautiful rings! Who is JKT?
Julia Taylor, an artisan on Etsy.

Thanks Chrono! :wavey:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'll bet that beauty glows in pitch dark! Opposing colors can be very dramatic -- & I vote for rose gold on that count. I think it will make the cryso sing arias.

--- Laurie

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for green gold first, yellow gold second.....

BTW I just ADORE TL's neon ring. Geez I wished I owed that baby! :love:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm not the biggest fan of chartreuse chrysoberyls, but I think they look best in green gold.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks HotPozzum!

Chrono I took some photos of a very neon chartreuse chrysoberyl that I have unset. It's a color shifter like yours. It tends to go more green indoors, and yellow outside.

One shot is it leaning up against 18K YG, and the other a thick rose gold band from Europe (I don't know the karat, but it's at least 14K I'm guessing).

I think 18K YG actually looks kind of nice when it goes more green. Sorry for the crappy shots, but these were taken under very icky energy saving fluorescent bulbs. :knockout:

I think rose gold would be nicer in the sun when it goes more yellow. Too bad they don't have color shifting gold! :lol:

yellowgoldchrysoberyl.JPG

rosegoldchrysoberyl.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An extremely difficult choice and I appreciate all the pictures, advice and help everyone has contributed. I'm probably driving WF crazy too. :oops: Well, I made one last request since WF does not have any 18K yellow or rose gold samples on hand. I've asked for a picture of the chrysoberyl together with a shiny new penny, 14K yellow and the green gold sample in a single picture and hopefully, that will settle this once and for all.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it with 18k YG, at least based on TL's photo.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, that stone is amazing, and I can't wait to see the
gorgeous ring it will become !!!! :love: :love: :love:

I don't have any meaningful advice, but do take your time,
you will be wearing that ring for a loooong time, and it needs
to be perfect !!!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
How about 2 toned, pink and green gold. :bigsmile:

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about what loving gems suggested, two toned? Rose gold bezel with green gold shank, I think that sounds cool!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies! Thinking over the pros and cons (maintenance, long term appreciation and etc), I've decided to fall back on the very safe and tried 18K yellow, but have requested the yellowest buttery alloy. WF does not have any rose gold samples and insist that a copper penny is too different from rose gold to give an accurate feel.

Also, the design dictates a single metal colour. It is impossible for it to be a 2 tone ring unless there is a horrible cut off point showing because it has no basket, melees or other adornment. The design calls for a single very fluid shank that wraps and turns around the chrysoberyl. As of this point, I've decided to keep it under wraps until the CAD is ready. :bigsmile: Of course, I could be persuaded...if the bait is good enough. :devil:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, I think it'll look great with buttery 18k YG! Good choice!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty please?

lgfp1425+puss-in-boots-sad-eyes-shrek-2-poster.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Waiting in anticipation to see the CADS!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last curiousity: burnished/satin or polished?
What are the pros and cons of each?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Cannot wait!!! And I vote brushed finished so as to highlight the sparkle of the stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love brushed/sanit YG. I suppose the negative is that you would have the get the finish redone semi-regularly as it wore off.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
That chryso is insanely gorgeous. I agree with the others regarding metal color:

18K YG: a warm complement to the yellow-green color, and it's safe

18K RG: striking contrast with the green tone of the stone, bringing out more green, making it POP. But may not be everyone's taste.

18K Green Gold: it's different, but it may blend with the stone.

WG/Plat: safe, but a bit common

Whatever you do, I can wait to see this finished! :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I had a brushed/satin finish on my ring originally from WF, but I just got it modified with Quest and they polished it to a high shine. The high shine works better for my ring because I wear it next to my wedding ring, and the satin finish showed every single scratch and started looking shiny.

If you plan on wearing the ring alone, with no neighbor, I think a satin finish may hold up much better. Otherwise, if you wear it everyday next to another ring, you may have to have it refinished every 6 months. That said, I think satin finishes really bring out the warmth of yellow gold, and I still love that look.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
as much as i love rose gold, with your stone i'd go 18k green gold....which i also love. 18k green gold is subtle as is 18k red gold. 14k gets a bit over the top for me but then its over the top for me in yellow gold also. definitely green Green GREEN =)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a greenish yellow mali thats in 18k yg. I think Your chrysoberyl would be stunning in 18k yg! I prefer polished gold. Don't know much about pros and cons of brushed. You have some gorgeous jewelry and I am so looking forward to your new ring!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your suggestions and opinions, together with your reasons. The CADs should be ready for the first pass at the end of this week. The ring will be an occasional wear RHR and I'm leaning towards a satin finish. Sorry to disappoint the green gold lovers but I'm going with 18K yellow gold, partially due to long term maintenance consideration.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I love green gold, but I don't think you can ever go wrong with high karat yellow gold. It will look spectacular with this stone. Are you going to be sharing the CAD's, or do we just have to wait in suspense for the finished product? :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll begin a new thread when the CADs are ready. It never hurts to have extra pairs of eyes to catch something in the design stage.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As usual, I am late for the party! Beautiful stone, Chrono.

I think that a matte finish helps the stone stand out more and shows the flow of fluid metal better. But any little flaw also shows.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was all set to create a new thread since I received the CAD pictures yesterday but I'm having issues posting pictures. Still no news from the moderators so sorry folks. ;(

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no :( I would offer to post for you: are we allowed to post disguised email addresses on this forum?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results