shape
carat
color
clarity

Channel vs Prong-set for a...

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Tennis bracelet? The stones are princess cut...(channel set or line/prong set)

Also, which is a better buy? a 4ctw or a 5ctw tennis bracelet? Please help me decide..

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Which looks “better” on you? Which has the “better” stones? What’s the cost difference? Hard to answer about “better” without more information. I’m sure both are beautiful. What looks better to you?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should try them on, take selfies, and decide what pleases your eye.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Which looks “better” on you? Which has the “better” stones? What’s the cost difference? Hard to answer about “better” without more information. I’m sure both are beautiful. What looks better to you?

This. Plus how many stones are in the bracelet. Also given Princess cut are fragile at the corner, I would assume channel setting might be better for them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I am not a fan of Princess cut diamonds in general, I have seen and tried on a Princess cut tennis bracelet with semi bezels on two sides, about 3cttw, and loved it.

Personally, if I were to have Princess cut diamonds in a tennis bracelet, that's what I would go for, and not prong set.

As for which is better, a 4cttw or 5cttw, it is really dependent upon personal preferences.

If all things are equal in terms of cut, colour and clarity, and you can afford the larger version, and you can comfortably wear the larger version and do not feel overwhelmed by it, then of course go big!

Bigger does not necessarily mean better - each to their own.

I can get a MRB 5cttw with H/I and SI stones for the same price as a 4cttw with G/H and VS stones, and have opted for the larger version. Hopefully it will be ready in September 2020.

I have been assured by the vendor, the bench I normally use for custom work based in China, that the 5cttw with H/I and SI stones will still be very clean and sparkly and not like spits, and I trust them based on my experience I have with them over the years.

All in my own humble opinion and all that.

DK :))

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
This. Plus how many stones are in the bracelet. Also given Princess cut are fragile at the corner, I would assume channel setting might be better for them.

Princess in channel setting it is then :) I imagine it would look nicer in white gold than yellow gold...

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Princess in channel setting it is then :) I imagine it would look nicer in white gold than yellow gold...

Yes, they do look prettier in white gold. Do you mind me asking which vendor are you buying it from? and pic? I have a soft spot for tennis bracelet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results