shape
carat
color
clarity

Channel set, split shank ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have pictures of a channel set split shank setting?

My inspiration is Pokey''s tsavorite - which has the Leon Mege 3 sided pave setting. I love the shape, the split claw prongs etc but I''m wary of the pave. Pokey sent me really helpful advice when I pm''d him, and flagged up that Leon doesn''t approve of wearing a wedding band next to 3 sided pave, especially not a matching band.

I''m wondering what it would look like with say:

Channel set on top of the shank and pave just round the head and perhaps milgrained edges. Hmmm.
33.gif

If anyone has any pictures that would be really helpful.

Also, if I want to get the maximum sparkle out of a channel setting should I go with:

Normal RB
8 cut RB
Princess

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash has a pretty new split prong ring called the Divisi. I don''t think a channel set split prong would be as pretty. I''d just avoid the pave on the sides.

/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 3:26:13 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Whiteflash has a pretty new split prong ring called the Divisi. I don''t think a channel set split prong would be as pretty. I''d just avoid the pave on the sides.

gi_wf-4104_f.jpg
I love this setting, hadn''t seen it before.
30.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

That's exactly the look I'm after - not too much metal, lots of diamond and sparkle and safer than pave!

I presume that I'm right in thinking that RB are the sparkliest in that kind of setting?

Ooooh, just notice the band in that link is only 1.2mm wide, so I could potentially have the split shanks without it being too wide. I'm going to have a play with Ye Olde Photoshoppe and see what I come up with...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results