Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Channel set, split shank ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have pictures of a channel set split shank setting?

My inspiration is Pokey''s tsavorite - which has the Leon Mege 3 sided pave setting. I love the shape, the split claw prongs etc but I''m wary of the pave. Pokey sent me really helpful advice when I pm''d him, and flagged up that Leon doesn''t approve of wearing a wedding band next to 3 sided pave, especially not a matching band.

I''m wondering what it would look like with say:

Channel set on top of the shank and pave just round the head and perhaps milgrained edges. Hmmm.

If anyone has any pictures that would be really helpful.

Also, if I want to get the maximum sparkle out of a channel setting should I go with:

Normal RB
8 cut RB
Princess

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash has a pretty new split prong ring called the Divisi. I don''t think a channel set split prong would be as pretty. I''d just avoid the pave on the sides.

/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 3:26:13 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Whiteflash has a pretty new split prong ring called the Divisi. I don''t think a channel set split prong would be as pretty. I''d just avoid the pave on the sides.

I love this setting, hadn''t seen it before.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

That's exactly the look I'm after - not too much metal, lots of diamond and sparkle and safer than pave!

I presume that I'm right in thinking that RB are the sparkliest in that kind of setting?

Ooooh, just notice the band in that link is only 1.2mm wide, so I could potentially have the split shanks without it being too wide. I'm going to have a play with Ye Olde Photoshoppe and see what I come up with...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.