shape
carat
color
clarity

Change of plans! My new ERD Ering!! Or RHR? :)

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I received my legacy inspired split shank ring from ERD!! :appl: It is supposed to be my new RHR but boy it looks great as an ER!!

Just a bit of background…after I upgraded my engagement ring a year ago, I debated what to do with my old MRB diamond. I have some weird attachment to my old diamond even though it isn’t even my original diamond. Not sure why but I couldn’t sell it which would have been the most logical! I finally landed on resetting it into a double halo with pink melee on the inner halo for a RHR. In working with Chris at ERD on a quote, he actually voiced his concern that I might not want that much finger coverage. So off I went to Tiffany’s to look at the Soleste again. I hated to admit it but he was right and I really appreciate his honesty. That led me to trying on the Tiffany legacy, which I never thought I would like…but it was love at first site! So the CAD project began!

I incorporated a split shank and pave on the stems and donut, as well as a cushion shape halo with a round diamond. When I picked up the fedex package my first reaction was OMG, I can’t wear this as a RHR! The finger coverage was way more than I imagined (and I wanted a double halo?) and it kind of outshines my ering! After the initial reaction though, I quickly fell in love with it! The ring honestly exceeded my expectations and I have been staring at it ever since I got it! It is so delicate and the miligrain is superfine, which is exactly what I wanted. If I could tweak just one thing, I would take a nail file to the halo corners and just shave it like a ½ of mm, so it was slightly rounded. But, it is still gorgeous!

I actually could have saved a ton of money if I just halo’d this diamond instead of upgrading a year ago! I have been wearing it as a RHR but I probably won’t do that as regularly as originally planned. I think I will wear it as an alternative ering sometimes or an RHR as the mood strikes!

I do want to thank all of you that helped me through this journey! You guys are SOOOOOO supportive and helpful!! I also want to thank Chris at ERD…he has the patience of a saint! I totally would recommend ERD for custom settings!

Oh and some stats…the center stone is 2.3ct I SI2 and the ring is sized at 6 3/8.

Starting with the picture in my car in the fedex parking lot (no patience)! :lol:

img_2698.jpg

img_2738_0.jpg

img_2732.jpg

img_2726.jpg

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Some more shots...

img_2715.jpg
img_2719.jpg
img_2743.jpg

This one is at Qdoba...they have fabulous lighting for diamonds!! :lol:
img_2695.jpg

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Last one...my ering...and new ering!
img_2752.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's beautiful, & now you have 2 x beautiful rings you can wear as erings OR RHRs and change them up as your heart desires, what could be cooler than that!!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out fabulously! :appl: Isn't it great to have 2 great options to wear now--I wonder which one will turn out to be your favorite!

Do you mind taking a quick pic of both rings on one finger for size comparisons for others to see? Thx!

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow I loove it!!!! The cushion halo turned our beautifully!! Chris does have the patience of a saint lol. That's so great that he steered you away from the double halo as this one compliments your ering perfectly. Neither is more beautiful - lucky you to have both!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very stunning...You can't go wrong whichever hand you wear it on!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, it is gorgeous!!! :love: I love both styles of rings and like that one is a halo and one is not so they have totally different looks! I also love the flexibility of being able to wear it on either hand!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring!!!! The cushion halo and subtle split shank are sheer elegance.
It's great that you have 2 rings with a different look. Your new ring is very versatile indeed as it can double as 2nd e-ring or rhr. Congrats!!!
And please post a lot more pics.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! It will rock as both ering and RHR.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Lucky lady, both are gorgeous.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's quite the collection lady! The newest member of the family is gorgeous and certainly fits right in with your ering! I like how different they are from one another....enjoy your new ring for many years to come!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Both of your rings are amazingly beautiful! Congratulations! ERD is hitting some home runs here lately.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tweeter8177|1398046683|3656852 said:
Some more shots...

img_2719.jpg

Love this view that is personal to you, the wearer. What an uplifting sight!
Both rings are spectacular :love: :love:

JLFG

Rough_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful! I especially love the side view with the spilt shank. I'm so happy that you love it.

Congrats!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Two gorgeous rings, lucky lady! :love:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous halo. Congrats!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! I love that style.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Love love love it!!! Wonderful choice!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tweeter, that is a beautiful ring. I'd want to wear it saw an ering too!! Great problem to have :).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the delay in responding! Darn work got in the way! :lol:

Mom2boys suggested I post a picture with both of my rings together for size comparison. For reference, my diamond in my ering (with the pear side stones) is 9.5mm. My new ring has a center stone that is 8.6mm and the halo is 1.7mm, so a total of 12” finger coverage.

Oh and for you cat lovers, my little Bella posed in one. She was begging for attention, so she wasn’t pleased that I was distracted with a camera!

A couple different distance shots:

img_2772.jpg

img_2768.jpg

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Arkieb1 – Thank you! Too bad my ring sizes are so different (more than a ½ size) so there is no way I could get my Ering on my right hand! That would be super cool if I could do that as well!

Mom2boys – Ha, good question! Now that you have had Ava for over a few weeks, how have you been rocking your beauties? I sure wish I could see Ava in person, boy she is gorgeous! I just posted a hand shot with both rings for comparison. Great idea, especially for those considering halo’s!

Redroze – I really hope we get to see your new ring soon!! I am confident ERD will wow you! Thank you!!

Bright ice – Thank you! It has only been 5 days but I have switched hands that I wear it on everyday so far!

Diamondseeker2006 – Thank you! I am happy to be halo owner now, so I can stop obsessing over having one!

Acinom – I was so worried about the split shank and regretting that decision, but I think it is my favorite feature of this ring! Thank you so much for the complements!

Thecat – So far rockin’ it as both! Thank you!

lknvrb4 – Thank you! I am definitely lucky to have a great DH!

Yennyfire – Ahhh, thanks! I am guessing adding to this collection will be a while! I am already laying the path with DH for some sort of necklace though!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Logan Sapphire – I couldn’t be happier about selecting ERD for this project! So easy to work with too!! Thank you!

Jimmianne – That is my favorite view too, especially in real life! I hope you are enjoying your new stunner! Thank you!

JLFG – I will be curious on your final ring design! I do hope you post pictures and we can compare our “Legacy” variations!! I am sure you will love it!

Rosetta – Thank you! I am lucky I have a great husband!! Thank you!

Baby monster – I am really happy with the Legacy style halo, thank you!

Orchid Lei – I can’t believe I never even considered this style until recently!

Lizzyann – Thanks! Selecting the style was the hardest part, so it is nice to get positive feedback!!

Elysian – Thanks! Everyone is so supportive here!

LLJsmom – I think you have moved on to diamond studs versus a halo reset right? Since I know you are always toying with the idea, I can tell you that the halo finger coverage will wow you! BUT, had this been my true ering, I can also safely say that I would miss seeing the diamond’s outline too! I was willing to take that risk since this was intended as a RHR, but there certainly is a trade-off! Thank you for the complement!

Marcy – Thank you!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for indulging us w/ more pics! :love: It's amazing what a little halo will do for finger coverage!

As for me, I've been alternating my MRB w/ Ava also on my LH. But I must say Ava is currently my favorite ring if I had to choose! Yay for the trend of alternate ER's! :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tweeter8177|1398200291|3658030 said:
Sorry for the delay in responding! Darn work got in the way! :lol:

Mom2boys suggested I post a picture with both of my rings together for size comparison. For reference, my diamond in my ering (with the pear side stones) is 9.5mm. My new ring has a center stone that is 8.6mm and the halo is 1.7mm, so a total of 12” finger coverage.

Oh and for you cat lovers, my little Bella posed in one. She was begging for attention, so she wasn’t pleased that I was distracted with a camera!

A couple different distance shots:

img_2772.jpg

img_2768.jpg

Tweeter, these comparison shots are terrific! I can see the appeal of the halo!! No doubt at all. I've just moved to studs to distract myself. :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out fantastic!!! Really. Just gorgeous. And it looks fantastic on your hands!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! Not sure I'd know what to do in your shoes, as it could easily be your ER. Two ERs - one to celebrate each hand! :bigsmile:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I love both of your rings! Absolutely gorgeous :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results