shape
carat
color
clarity

Champagne South Seas Bracelet - on it's way

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I saw Andrew Moline's post regarding a batch of champagne WSS he had available. And I caved! So we discussed pearl sizes and the cost. I almost choked, haha. But I know enough that I knew this wasn't going to be a budget item. The pearls range from 11 - 12mm and we added a simple gold clasp. Fingers crossed it should arrive late next week!!

Attachments

• pearl lineup WSS.jpeg
    pearl lineup WSS.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Pearl Bracelet 2.jpeg
    Pearl Bracelet 2.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Pearl bracelet sizing.jpeg
    Pearl bracelet sizing.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 27

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pearls!!!

One thought - what do you think about switching these two pearls?
Two reasons -
- The darker pearl that’s currently just off center is more lustrous and more eye-catching than the current center pearl, and it looks bigger (even if it’s actually slightly smaller in diameter), and
- The current center pearl has a drop shape which implies some directionality - the darker pearl has a more neutral shape, nice for a center point :))

8A1A7903-2A20-4E6D-8BE0-936A4D74BB81.jpeg
5BA5B47C-D79C-4873-8A9C-1F4EB90EAE51.jpeg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's too late but possibly could be done at a later time. I want to find a different clasp later, much later on.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Golds are the most difficult to find clasps for, I think. I sat on a temporary clasp for several months too.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw Andrew Moline's post regarding a batch of champagne WSS he had available. And I caved! So we discussed pearl sizes and the cost. I almost choked, haha. But I know enough that I knew this wasn't going to be a budget item. The pearls range from 11 - 12mm and we added a simple gold clasp. Fingers crossed it should arrive late next week!!

That is a beautiful colour
Its going to be gorgouse on you

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearls!!!

Two reasons -
- The darker pearl that’s currently just off center is more lustrous and more eye-catching than the current center pearl, and it looks bigger (even if it’s actually slightly smaller in diameter), and
- The current center pearl has a drop shape which implies some directionality - the darker pearl has a more neutral shape, nice for a center point :))

What a fantastic eye you have @yssie
Your trully amazing

Reactions: Ann

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls!!!

Two reasons -

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Golds are the most difficult to find clasps for, I think. I sat on a temporary clasp for several months too.

Normally I would spend days if not weeks making a decision on the clasp. I'd like to have something a bit more dressy, diamonds maybe. But I'm not sure where to find that. But I have looked, just not seeing one that screams "I'm it". And I want quality.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One cautionary note to beware this clasp:
https://www.gempacked.com/findings-...ead-clasps/36371-4pts-diamond-clasp-14k-35627
(which a number of vendors resell - https://www.americanpearl.com/brusfinwhitg1.html for example)
It's advertised as being 10mm x 10mm. The one I purchased and promptly returned was 9.44mm x 9.30mm - significantly smaller and visibly out of round.
If you happen to like that particular style I have three of these, and they're well-made and exactly as advertised: https://www.gempacked.com/findings-.../Ball-Clasp-with-Diamonds?gp_product_id=76865

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mokume Gane ball clasps - sold separately from the strands. Beautiful, unique, top quality, and very reasonably priced for what they are (most everything's on sale) -
The clasps do tend to be on the larger side (smallest one available when I inquired was 13mm); they're defiinitely statement clasps.
Really quick responses to email inquiries.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see your pictures. I love champagne goldens and have a feeling I’m going to be quite jealous!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pearls, so smooth and lustrous! I am so excited for you!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
One cautionary note to beware this clasp:
https://www.gempacked.com/findings-...ead-clasps/36371-4pts-diamond-clasp-14k-35627
(which a number of vendors resell - https://www.americanpearl.com/brusfinwhitg1.html for example)
It's advertised as being 10mm x 10mm. The one I purchased and promptly returned was 9.44mm x 9.30mm - significantly smaller and visibly out of round.
If you happen to like that particular style I have three of these, and they're well-made and exactly as advertised: https://www.gempacked.com/findings-.../Ball-Clasp-with-Diamonds?gp_product_id=76865

Thank you for those suggestions. I do like the better quality clasp from Gempacked. It will go on my list =)2

Daisy_Margaret

Rough_Rock
Just stopping in to say WOW. Gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ann Is this still expected to come in this week? ::)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yessie - those George Sawyer clasps are remarkable. Did you buy the clasps separately ?

Looking forward to the Champagne SS photos !

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yessie - those George Sawyer clasps are remarkable. Did you buy the clasps separately ?

Looking forward to the Champagne SS photos !

I didn't buy any, they were/are all just too big for what I wanted :(sadSo I'm holding off, and they're selling, one by one, whilst I waffle... And I'm kind of wondering how hard I'm going to be kicking myself next year... But since 13mm+ pearls aren't in the cards for me - maybe I'll be spared some regret? Maybe?

I could see one of the mosaic diamond tile styles being lovely in a bracelet like @Ann's though...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I do struggle with the clasp but with some practice, I think I can work it. I do want to upgrade the clasp in the near future. The bracelet is about 1 pearl too large. But right now I'd rather have that than too small. I did not want it to fit real snug. So I think it's fine for now. When I change out the clasp, we can deal with the sizing at that point.

Pearls are 11-12mm's. They look huge in the pics!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re STUNNING. Oh my goodness.

The size, the luster, the colour - they look fit for royalty and you wear them well!! :love:

:lol: They look huge because they ARE huge!! I have one bracelet with 11-12mm pearls and 14 is just the right number for me - a little clearance, doesn’t slip down onto the palm. I could do 13 but that’d be too tight for my tastes. We probably have similar wrist sizes.

What do you think of the pearls in sunshine, or outdoors? Do you like them best in any particular lighting type? ::)

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
So gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ann Your pics are making me want some light GSSs. I was done wanting more pearls...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
They are stunning!! More pics please!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
And I also want to say Andrew with Moline Pearls is awesome to work with. I am a newbie when it comes to pearls. So I put 100% trust in him. I'm already thinking ahead! I have 1 9mm and 2 10-11mm left to do "something" with. Probably earrings but I haven't decided how to set them yet. I'm not hurrying to get that done. I have a tennis bracelet that needs resetting first. The 9mm pearl is my "sizing" pearl in case we need it in the future.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
They’re STUNNING. Oh my goodness.

The size, the luster, the colour - they look fit for royalty and you wear them well!! :love:

:lol: They look huge because they ARE huge!! I have one bracelet with 11-12mm pearls and 14 is just the right number for me - a little clearance, doesn’t slip down onto the palm. I could do 13 but that’d be too tight for my tastes. We probably have similar wrist sizes.

What do you think of the pearls in sunshine, or outdoors? Do you like them best in any particular lighting type? ::)

I love the way they look indoors under low lamp lighting - they have this luscious golden tint.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, what a stunning bracelet! The pearls look gorgeous, such a beautiful delicate golden, and the size looks lovely on you. More pictures please!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results