shape
carat
color
clarity

Champagne bling for a beer lifestyle?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
omg yes. my largest ring I wear 99% of the time at home, just to look at it. Most of what I buy is rings, because I buy stuff to look at it. I think I'd look a lot better if I bought stuff based on how it looks on me instead!:lol-2:

The personal museum is so funny - I am also a collector at heart. I really have to rein in my instincts to not go broke and to focus on stuff I'm actually going to wear. I also go months (years, maybe?) without wearing jewelry. this whole thing has made me question my sanity, but at some point I figured for me, jewelry is kind of like art, where I just like to look at it, and appreciate the beauty and craftmanship. I think some of the problems come in because the longer you spend on something or the better you know it, the more you want to see the mona lisa and not the local art show!

Would love to see photos of your collection! It sounds amazing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, definitely. My love for big old diamonds rule the day despite my very laid back, easy going lifestyle. No makeup, no fancy outfits and always in flats. But I love my old cut diamonds.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 5.45.31 AM.png

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
...the longer you spend on something or the better you know it, the more you want to see the mona lisa and not the local art show!

Yep! hahah love this phrasing. So so true.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, definitely. My love for big old diamonds rule the day despite my very laid back, easy going lifestyle. No makeup, no fancy outfits and always in flats. But I love my old cut diamonds.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 5.45.31 AM.png

HAHA that quote!! <3

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yup. This about sums it up. Bling, rock & roll, animals, and leggings. I also have a soft spot for designer handbags (I have been known to take Chanel into a mosh pit). I would say only about 10% of my lifestyle "warrants" my bling and bag hobby, but otherwise I am pretty low-key and practical so it balances out (at least that's what I tell DH LOL).

BlingRnR.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:) I think PS is riddled with people that fit this category. No offense to anyone. Many just appreciate the beauty of the stone or jewelry piece and view it as wearable art and have made it a hobby. The rest of their lives are regular, and are not ladies/men who lunch, not that much lunching can go on anymore these days.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. This about sums it up. Bling, rock & roll, animals, and leggings. I also have a soft spot for designer handbags (I have been known to take Chanel into a mosh pit). I would say only about 10% of my lifestyle "warrants" my bling and bag hobby, but otherwise I am pretty low-key and practical so it balances out (at least that's what I tell DH LOL).

BlingRnR.jpg

@Kaycee2018 you’re the most stylish person in the gym! ❤️

This is me wearing my $20 Enso band lol. I’m lazy now cause I don’t want another thing to disinfect when I get home from PT.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Kaycee2018 you’re the most stylish person in the gym! ❤

This is me wearing my $20 Enso band lol. I’m lazy now cause I don’t want another thing to disinfect when I get home from PT.

I don't wear any bling to the gym, even though I have an enzo band. It's super comfortable, but I'm even to lazy to bother putting it on for the gym lol

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Dottie was alive, I was often seen in a tatty pair of jeans, pockets stuffed with dog treats, a pair of walking boots, long sleeved T and a fleece and sporting Bella and Marilyn.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Dottie was alive, I was often seen in a tatty pair of jeans, pockets stuffed with dog treats, a pair of walking boots, long sleeved T and a fleece and sporting Bella and Marilyn.

This!! Sounds oh so very familiar!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BlingRnR.jpg

I looooove your style! I have been in a mosh pit but I’ve never seen a Chanel in there with me! Too cool!

I have to say, you guys are making me feel better about the fact that I love and hoard bling, but most of my clothes are free or cheap haha. It doesn’t mean I don’t have style- I just know how to get a deal! And I go to clothing swap :)

Having nice bling was having a bit of a Diderot effect on me... but now I see, it doesn’t have to!

The Diderot effect essay:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my earrings every day. Sometimes I put the jackets on. :lol: :kiss2: My daily work uniform is tshirt, flipflops, yoga pants of some type. I don't wear the rings as often as I used to and especially now, don't wear them at all! will go back to it at some point.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give me an example of “high end that doesn’t scream high end”? :)

i think a lot of colored stone jewelry fits the bill ...also unusual cuts or colored diamonds...and unbranded jewelry or brands that aren't as popular in the US (if you life in the US) ...basically anything other than a big white diamond solitaire or cocktail ring. i don't think most people recognize stuff outside of that for what they are.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pic was of my Octavia before it was sold.
:(2
i sure hope its new owner is surrounded by people who cant stop looking at it

did you sell it because you wanted a change and didn't want to have two big diamond rings ?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(2
i sure hope its new owner is surrounded by people who cant stop looking at it

did you sell it because you wanted a change and didn't want to have two big diamond rings ?
For 6 months I tried to upgrade the size of my Octavia but Yoram was unable to find a desirable rough so I sold the Octavia and bought a MRB CBI.

Here's the new owner of my Octavia...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For 6 months I tried to upgrade the size of my Octavia but Yoram was unable to find a desirable rough so I sold the Octavia and bought a MRB CBI.

Here's the new owner of my Octavia...

wow it looks so feminine now
its awsome it went to such a good home

i loved your tension setting

AV_

Ideal_Rock
My regular day wardrobes. A RG watch, a diamond ring, T-shirt, khaki pants and sneakers or flip flops.

You'd fit just fine around here,

[half way up Sierra Nevada, Spain; Calatrava spotted at the olive grower's bar last week, or so I trust; the watch was as battered as you'd think it might.]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results