shape
carat
color
clarity

Chain store rings. Is this 1 worth the money?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call Pearlmans and ask them to give you the current price on the setting, and mention that you are a pricescoper. They also specialize in ideal cuts so ask them for a diamond recommendation to go in it and see what they propose. Their package pricing (if you buy both the stone and the setting from them) can be better than if you bought just the setting alone from them.

Beverly K does have much better quality.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
With regard to your BF's fears about buying online...it's a common fear, so it's important to buy from a vendor with (1) plenty of information about the diamonds, i.e. reflector images, detailed, photos, certificates, and even videos; and (2) a good return policy. In fact, I've found that having this information available online is far more helpful and objective than looking at the diamond with my own eyes. Lighting tricks and the "ooooh, sparkly!" factor can sway you the wrong way when you're buying in a B&M store. Anyway, if you buy from a place with a great return policy, you both could inspect the diamond as soon as it comes in, decide whether to keep it or send it back, and have it set locally. Buying online isn't nearly as scary as many first-timers think it is!

Otherwise, you could let us know what area of the world you're in, and I'm sure someone could help you find a reputable local diamond vendor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results