shape
carat
color
clarity

center stone for pink and white diamond mounting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2005 1:49:04 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Do you live in Washington? I grew up there.. with the Shane Company.. (I LOVE THAT PLACE!) Before I moved, I used to go to the one in Lynnwood.. by Alderwood.. Love that place :) My fiancee told me he loved me for the first time in front of the old Nordy''s there (ok.. before they destroyed it and built the amazing new one :) )
How long ago was the Nordstrom there rebuilt? I vaguely recall this.

Alderwood has been entirely transformed. They''ve built in an outdoor shopping court and new resturants PLUS a massive Lowe''s cinema w/garage parking.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2005 6:03:50 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I''m a RB girl so a RB gets my vote too.

Well, I spoke before I saw the pic belle posted it with the Princess. Can I change my vote. That setting really does look great with a Princess.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2005 1:58:44 PM

Date: 7/19/2005 6:03:50 PM
I''m a RB girl so a RB gets my vote too.

Well, I spoke before I saw the pic belle posted it with the Princess. Can I change my vote. That setting really does look great with a Princess.
Me, too. I would almost always choose a RB, but in this case the Princess is gorgeous! A perfect fit!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Because I''m neurotic (which is not a bad thing.. I prefer to think of it as "detail oriented"
emwink.gif
), I went back to Shane Co and saw it with a 1.5ct Oval. I thought the princess was beautiful but oval took the cake!!! They quoted me $5630for a 1.5ct I color, I1 clarity oval. Seemed a bit steep but I can always buy the setting there and get the diamond from a PS vendor. But, would they set the diamond and still guarantee it or would I have to buy one of their diamonds? Hmmm..

Amanda

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll need to call the Shane Co., to verify, but I''ve heard that they won''t set any stones aside from their own. FWIW, the Shane Co. isn''t the best store to be purchasing a diamond from. They''re known for selling crappy stones and two of my friends have purchased from there and both, as a result, have poor quality diamonds.

Best bet would be to purchase the setting, then find another seller to purchase the center stone from and then have the diamond vendor set the stone into the shane co setting.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indie, I was going to say oval, I swear! I scrolled down to see if anyone else did, but I thought it would look great. I assume you would wear it alone, no band on that hand. I have two thoughts, please take them for what they are worth. You could make it narrower if you want to by removing one of the white diamond bands. Another thought, is get the oval with diamonds all around the band, and then design the two pink bands so they can be worn with it or without the oval...when you wear all three it would look like the total band. Just gives you some versatility. I also prefer to think of myself as detail oriented, and I love the options to wear it different ways. Is pink a favorite color of yours? Do you wear it a lot? Please just take my suggestions as ideas from someone who leaves no stone unturned!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2005 3:12:21 PM
Author: IndieQueen001
Because I''m neurotic (which is not a bad thing.. I prefer to think of it as ''detail oriented''
emwink.gif
), I went back to Shane Co and saw it with a 1.5ct Oval. I thought the princess was beautiful but oval took the cake!!! They quoted me $5630for a 1.5ct I color, I1 clarity oval. Seemed a bit steep but I can always buy the setting there and get the diamond from a PS vendor. But, would they set the diamond and still guarantee it or would I have to buy one of their diamonds? Hmmm..

Amanda

please do some more research on Ovals before buying from Shane company I don''t know a lot about them but I do know that fancy shapes do not hide color or clarity as well as a RB. I I1, outside of their special store lights would scare me
6.gif
if you saw it and the price is right and the stone looks great, go for it, just make sure you''ve researched it and are making a well imformed decision. I don''t know why they wouldn''t sell you the setting seperatly but if it''s a stock piece chances are the vendor you might purchase your stone from could get it, or something very similar. Good luck and keep us posted.

s95

Shiny_Rock
Do you think the I1 has a great chance of being NOT eye-clean? Just curious as to if you could see anything when you were in the store.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Actually, now I'm thinking about maybe going the custom route. Being the sentemental people that we are, I want to be able to also wear my original wedding band. Also, doing some price comparing, I found an I SI1 for around the same price as Shane's I I1.

They have a smaller version of that setting in their stores for a fraction of the price that complemented my WB beautifully. But I'll have to wait and see!

Thank you for all the helpful responses.

Ohh.. and in response to the "special store lighting", one of my hubby's friends just bought a princess I1 from Shane.. you can see the inclusion from a mile away! His fiance asked me if I could find it for her becuase she couldn't see it. (I wouldn't tell her where it was.. I don't want her to not love her ring.)

Forgot to add.. I couldn't see the inclusion in the store.. but when I got it home, more than likely I'd study the diamond to death. I don't want to have to worry about that type of thing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results