shape
carat
color
clarity

center stone for pink and white diamond mounting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Well, I think I''ve found the setting that I want to upgrade to (but then again I say that everyday...). I love the pink diamond outline and the thickness of the band but am at a loss as to what shape center stone would look best in this mounting. Opinions are welcome!!!

http://www.shaneco.com/catalog/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=19932&PageLevelID=48&fromPage=bridal

Sorry.. I haven''t quite figured out how to post an actual image so hopefully this will do for now!

Thanks,
Amanda

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what shape do you like?

here''s the ring....

06-2D9E-07-P016-0600dt.jpg

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
I really love a good cut RB.. my favorite!!! But using the ring builder option on Shane Co''s website just doesn''t give a good idea of how it will really look. I''m open to any shape. I love any and all diamonds!!! And thank you Belle for putting the picture up there for me.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
To me it looks as it it is meant for a marquise or pear cut. It may be my imagination but the prongs make me think that for some reason. What size stone are you looking to put in there?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love that setting!
36.gif

I would put a round in it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think a round would look great in it!
36.gif

here is a simple rendition to give you an idea.......

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is the rendition
2.gif

withround.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty setting. My first choice would be round, but I also think a radiant or princess would be beautiful!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice work belle. I think a RB would be gorgeous in it!!!!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a RB girl so a RB gets my vote too.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here it is with a princess......

withprincess.JPG

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Ooohhh...I like it with the princess
36.gif
36.gif

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
WOW. THE PRINCESS DIAMOND FITS PERFECTLY.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am normally a RB fan...but this setting seems to overwhelm the center stone. How big of a stone where you thinking?

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I vote for round!!!
emwink.gif

I agree with Matatora, as well. It is a bit overwhelming, depending on the size of the stone...

Have you seen the setting in person? I''d suggest speaking with a custom designer too. The cost will probably be close to Shane Co''s and you will get EXACTLY what you dream of.
emlove.gif

Good luck! And certainly let us know when you get something

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m not a princess person either but that princess looks like it fits great with the style of the ring. i think the round gets lost personally.

or maybe consider a square rounded corner like a jubilee or regent if you want something with H&A but the more square appearance.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a princess person either but that princess looks like it fits great with the style of the ring. i think the round gets lost personally.
Same. With the princess cut stone, the ring looks designed to fit and compliment the diamond shape. . .the round looks odd.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
how about a bigger round
20.gif

biground.JPG

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies! I was thinkin something in the area of 1.25-1.5ct center. The RB looks great but only if you get into the 2-3ct range (well, as far as the ring builder is concerned.) I like the look of the princess and was even thinking emerald. I''m going to see the setting tomorrow and we''ll see if I like the setting in person!

Thank you,
Amanda
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let us know what you think after you see the setting in person!!!!!
1.gif

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
I think the princess loos great!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the other ladies. The round seems to get lost in the setting. The princess seems to be a perfect cut to compliment the ring. I vote princess.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOOh, I just looked at the setting again and thought WOW, that would be so beautiful if it was made into a band, and not for a center stone. That would be a pretty RHR.
30.gif

s95

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/19/2005 10:25:17 PM
Author: IndieQueen001
.....and was even thinking emerald.
Me too! It would be interesting to see what an emerald cut would do in that setting. it''s really beautiful, but I wonder if it''s width would accomodate an emerald better than other cuts?????

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
I''m from Atlanta
face1.gif

There are a couple more places that I''m going to try (if for some reason this setting doesn''t work out..) Are there any people with experience with Solomon Brothers? Looks like they have a HUGE inventory!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2005 12:41:38 AM
Author: Milly

... that would be so beautiful if it was made into a band, and not for a center stone.
How wide is it ? The drawing above assumes the diamond will be a bit wider than the ban, which is not trivia with, say, a 10mm wide ring !
20.gif

Btw... I think Beaudry makes one like that.

saturn

Shiny_Rock
FI and I bought my ring from Solomon Brothers. They DO have a huge inventory! That''s one of the reasons I went there. We were able to look at a huge variety of settings, and they also have a good selection of stones in the store - i.e. they showed me good-quality stones in several shapes including a cushion.
I loved the diamond and setting I got from them, and have gotten many compliments on it.
The store was a little hard to find though, and when we went on a Saturday afternoon it was pretty crowded. But all in all, I would encourage you to try looking there. It can''t hurt.
9.gif

P.S. I''m looking at that setting and starting to think an oval would look nice.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
I looked at the setting today... it was beautiful!!! The salesperson showed it to me with a 1ct princess stone. I think it would have looked better with a 1.5ct now that I think about it. All in all the setting is not as thick as it looks on the website (I''d say 6-7mm at the most.) The stone also sits up higher than you''d expect. Looks like I''ve gotta talk to the hubby about it now because I think I''m in love!!!
30.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you Indie! It does look so beautiful! Good luck in getting what you want!
31.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring with a Princess!! Beg hubby for a 1.5-2c
30.gif
It will look fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results