shape
carat
color
clarity

Cellentani''s Baguette Bands Have a New Friend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a cool ring...what a fun stacker...I need some stackers
21.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it! Can''t wait for more pics!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 6:49:36 PM
Author: vespergirl
It''s gorgeous! I''m definitely going to the show tomorrow. If you don''t mind my asking, how expensive was that band? You don''t have to answer if you''re not comfortable doing so ... I would just love something like that myself! :)
vespergirl - go to the show!!! Even if you don''t get anything, it''s fun to look. I wish I could give you the free admission coupon I got today. The ruby band only has 10 points of diamonds, but 96pts of rubies, and cost $230. There are seemed to be quite a few costume jewelry vendors this time, but there are several loose gemstone vendors - of course not as well-cut as our favorites here on PS. Are you interested in seeing the costume stuff I bought before you go?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 6:57:28 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
That looks gorgeous and who made your e-ring, if I may ask? It is absolutely gorgeous too!
Thanks NEU, my ER was handmade by my local jeweler, but I was really unhappy with some of the details - the milgrain was uneven, it was grey, and one of the prongs had a couple pits at the base. I just got it back today from Quest, where they refurbished it with new prongs, filled in some of the uneven places on the halo, fixed the milgrain as best they could, and completely repolished and replated with rhodium.

For all who asked, I am very pleased with the ER makover; it''s not perfect, but it''s much, much better.
36.gif
Tomorrow, I''m going to try to get some "after" pics, in the same lighting as my "before" pics.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 6:05:49 PM
Author: cellentani
Hanging out all together.
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! All three look great together!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oooo.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

complements your thin bands really well.
I love the color and shapes.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind posts. Here are a couple with my newly refurbished e-ring.

cellis ruby and er1.JPG

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Those stacking bands are a gorgeous combo. I love the bit of color the rubies infuse. Really, really pretty.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 9:08:03 PM

Date: 2/20/2009 6:49:36 PM
It''s gorgeous! I''m definitely going to the show tomorrow. If you don''t mind my asking, how expensive was that band? You don''t have to answer if you''re not comfortable doing so ... I would just love something like that myself! :)
vespergirl - go to the show!!! Even if you don''t get anything, it''s fun to look. I wish I could give you the free admission coupon I got today. The ruby band only has 10 points of diamonds, but 96pts of rubies, and cost $230. There are seemed to be quite a few costume jewelry vendors this time, but there are several loose gemstone vendors - of course not as well-cut as our favorites here on PS. Are you interested in seeing the costume stuff I bought before you go?
THanks Cellentani! I can''t believe you got such a great deal on that ring - it''s so gorgeous!!! Do you happen to remember the name of the vendor you got it from, or is there a particular section that you really liked? I can''t go until this afternoon because my husband has to work this morning so I need to watch the baby, but I''m going to run out the door as soon as he gets home!
emteeth.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 8:15:11 AM

THanks Cellentani! I can''t believe you got such a great deal on that ring - it''s so gorgeous!!! Do you happen to remember the name of the vendor you got it from, or is there a particular section that you really liked? I can''t go until this afternoon because my husband has to work this morning so I need to watch the baby, but I''m going to run out the door as soon as he gets home!
emteeth.gif
You have a baby, vespergirl? I had no idea, congratulations! How old?

I got the ring at Mei Ling Jewelry, but it was the only one they had. You''ll find that a lot - places have only one of something. There are at least 10 aisles, and in 2 hours I only made it through 4. If you''re interested in the displays I posted in Hangout, they''re at the Jemco display - in the very back, left corner as you enter. Be prepared for crowded parking - last year, we went in the afternoon, and we had to park in a remote lot and walk a bit. I think I might go again today and leave DH with the kids...

Hope you have a great time, and let us know what you get!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE that ruby band!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Well, that was short-lived. Today, when I was looking at my new ring, I felt something loose in my hand, and one of the rubies had fallen out.
7.gif
So, I went back to the gem show and returned it; I was disappointed, but it just wasn''t worth the worry and hassle. On the way home, I stopped at Bailey Banks and Biddle to buy the Wolf Designs jewelry box I had seen on clearance yesterday, but it had already sold.
7.gif
39.gif
Oh well, at least I still have Thin Mints.

Lost Ruby.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 6:05:49 PM
Hanging out all together.
Goodness gosh I''m so jealous!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 8:59:26 AM

Date: 2/21/2009 8:15:11 AM

emteeth.gif
You have a baby, vespergirl? I had no idea, congratulations! How old?

I got the ring at Mei Ling Jewelry, but it was the only one they had. You''ll find that a lot - places have only one of something. There are at least 10 aisles, and in 2 hours I only made it through 4. If you''re interested in the displays I posted in Hangout, they''re at the Jemco display - in the very back, left corner as you enter. Be prepared for crowded parking - last year, we went in the afternoon, and we had to park in a remote lot and walk a bit. I think I might go again today and leave DH with the kids...

Hope you have a great time, and let us know what you get!
Hey there! I guess my son is technically not a baby anymore - he''s 2 - but I''ll probaby be calling him "the baby" until he''s 18
emteeth.gif

I did go today, and it was so much fun! A saw a bunch of things I liked, including some beautiful vintage rings, kind of like Fay Cullen style - small OEC diamonds with sapphire haloes and things like that, but I''m saving up my jewelry credits for a reset :)

There were also so many gorgeous gemstores - there was a beautiful 3 ct cushion cut pad sapphire that I would have LOVED to get, but once again, a little more than I wanted to spend.

It was so much fun to look around though! I did get some new jewlery cleaner (not so exciting). I also got my son a kid''s plastic, colorful wristwatch for $5, and he loves it so much he wore it to bed :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey Vespergirl, glad you got a chance to go to the gemshow! I was there too (I know, a second day), but not as much fun since I had to return my ring. But the whole time, I was wondering if every young-ish woman was you! I like going just to look too - are you still thinking Leon for your upgrade?? That''s going to be fantastic!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 11:24:52 AM
Hey Vespergirl, glad you got a chance to go to the gemshow! I was there too (I know, a second day), but not as much fun since I had to return my ring. But the whole time, I was wondering if every young-ish woman was you! I like going just to look too - are you still thinking Leon for your upgrade?? That''s going to be fantastic!
Oh, no! I didn''t see that one of your stones had fallen out until today. That''s too bad - that band was just gorgeous! Yes, I''m still thinking that I would like Leon to reset my diamond. I also really want an eternity band, (round, shared prong) but I will probably get that from Whiteflash - I got a good quote from them. We are currently trying for baby #2, so maybe I can convince my husband to get me the eternity band for a push present ;-)

You know, maybe we should try to organize a DC Metro area get together at some point - it would be fun to have people to go jewlery shopping with! All my other friends ever want to buy is clothes ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results