shape
carat
color
clarity

CBianco's Eye Candies

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Just an update, I received the ring from DK today. The prongs looked awesome and almost invisible, but the stone has been chipped next to one of the prongs. It pretty much isn't visible from a normal viewing distance face up, but visible from closer up side view. DK has offered me to send it back to him for evaluation which I will take up on. I totally understand these things can happen, but I'm of course a little bummed... Very nice of them to quickly offer a solution though. Fingers crossed if it needs a recut it won't go below 1ct.

It probably didn't help that they had to set it twice. I had a few spinel projects with them at the same time, requested to sent this one in the ring to GIA but they had sent another one of my spinels by mistake and started redoing the prongs on this one right away. Oh well:lol-2:

20230623_131107.jpg 20230623_124758.jpg 20230623_151025.jpg

Last edited:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Just an update, I received the ring from DK today. The prongs looked awesome and almost invisible, but the stone has been chipped next to one of the prongs. It pretty much isn't visible from a normal viewing distance face up, but visible from closer up side view. DK has offered me to send it back to him for evaluation which I will take up on. I totally understand these things can happen, but I'm of course a little bummed... Very nice of them to quickly offer a solution though. Fingers crossed if it needs a recut it won't go below 1ct.

20230623_131107.jpg 20230623_124758.jpg 20230623_151025.jpg

Nooooo….. I’m so sorry this happened. Fingers crossed it can be taken care of quickly and easily.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Nooooo….. I’m so sorry this happened. Fingers crossed it can be taken care of quickly and easily.

I really hope so, had already gone 2 months without the ring and missed it so much:cry2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, I know how much you love this ring. Do keep us updated on the outcome. Fingers crossed, it can be resolved easily!!!

I declined to have a ring engraved once (by another vendor, completely unrelated to any PS vendors) because I was suddenly struck with paranoia about how I didn't want my ring to pass through too many hands lest someone drop it etc. Your post just confirmed my paranoia!!!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, I know how much you love this ring. Do keep us updated on the outcome. Fingers crossed, it can be resolved easily!!!

I declined to have a ring engraved once (by another vendor, completely unrelated to any PS vendors) because I was suddenly struck with paranoia about how I didn't want my ring to pass through too many hands lest someone drop it etc. Your post just confirmed my paranoia!!!

I learned a lesson after the stone was set into the ring last time by a different bench, who did a pretty bad job (prongs were huge, stone set quite crooked, but thankfully no damage). I learned to choose which jeweler to use much more carefully. Went with DK because I've seen them do a great job for a lot of fellow psers. Again, I understand these things happen and its not the first time a bench has chipped a spinel when setting. I think it's just unlucky this time. The things DK fixed were needed to be done, but from now on I will definitely be more reserved with sending my jewels out

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Another update- After spending a week with the ring and viewing it in all different lighting conditions possible, I've decided to just keep it as is. The chip is not visible face up, only visible in angled side view up close. It's a little sizable chunk so it would definitely need a recut of the crown, and I'm terrified of something going wrong if recutting or setting it again. I'm not planning to sell this ring so I can live with it indefinitely. DK did offer if in the future I want it to be fixed, they will do it free of charge which is nice of them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results