shape
carat
color
clarity

CBI/ HP diamonds

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
All

I was a bit hesitant to even ask. But was wondering if anyone has had the experience of working with Crafted by Infinity/ HP diamonds since Paul left CBI.

Wink & Layla have a great reputation here on PS. But from what I gather, Paul was the brain behind CBI and the master cutter. There are stories about how CBI would select 1 rough out of 1000s and how in an year they would polish circa 1000-1500 diamonds. So just not sure where Wink is now sourcing polished diamonds from if the rough sourcing and cutting can be compared to what it was in Paul era.

@John P

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s what I heard too...I just purchased a diamond from them in January. Same terrific service, it seems like same gorgeous diamonds. I cannot say whether my diamond was cut pre or post Paul. But it’s really pretty. I’m eager to see Wink’s new website.
AFAIK, All newly cut diamonds from Wink will still be cut by Infinity.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

pandalicious

Rough_Rock
All

I was a bit hesitant to even ask. But was wondering if anyone has had the experience of working with Crafted by Infinity/ HP diamonds since Paul left CBI.

Wink & Layla have a great reputation here on PS. But from what I gather, Paul was the brain behind CBI and the master cutter. There are stories about how CBI would select 1 rough out of 1000s and how in an year they would polish circa 1000-1500 diamonds. So just not sure where Wink is now sourcing polished diamonds from if the rough sourcing and cutting can be compared to what it was in Paul era.

@John P

What I had heard (from Wink) was that Paul was never the actual / only “cutter”, but he did help create certain parameters and standards which continues to be followed by the folks on the ground. I bought from HPD after the news came out - it was a bit nerve wrecking not knowing the internal happenings during this time but Wink has been available to answer questions and put minds at ease.

What I’m not clear on is why their inventory has remained at 134-137 diamonds in the past 3 or so months if cutting and production has continued, but perhaps this is related to the “new website” news posted by others above.

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
What I had heard (from Wink) was that Paul was never the actual / only “cutter”, but he did help create certain parameters and standards which continues to be followed by the folks on the ground. I bought from HPD after the news came out - it was a bit nerve wrecking not knowing the internal happenings during this time but Wink has been available to answer questions and put minds at ease.

What I’m not clear on is why their inventory has remained at 134-137 diamonds in the past 3 or so months if cutting and production has continued, but perhaps this is related to the “new website” news posted by others above.

Good observation. I also noticed that more and more of the diamonds in the inventory are now “coming soon” vs diamonds that are already cut and in possession.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Good observation. I also noticed that more and more of the diamonds in the inventory are now “coming soon” vs diamonds that are already cut and in possession.

Where are you seeing the coming soon? I’ve been seeing the same 134 for a month or two and all of them say in stock or on hold.

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
Interesting to hear about a new site. Inventory is definitely not updated, the stone I’ve had in my possession for months is still “on hold”

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
They are up and running and launching ne

The stone you posted is long sold, not "being crafted." They currently do not have any stones listed as being "crafted."

You are probably right. But being crafted is what the placeholder picture they have on there says. I am sure they understand the criticality of site not accurately reflecting the inventory and working on it. But as a consumer you get a little hesitant when the website doesn’t serve the most basic purpose of showing accurate inventory.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Wasn’t aware that Paul left CBI?! Confident that CBI would be able to maintain their high standard, despite the departure of Paul being a big loss for them.

Not seeing the full picture, but it seems HPD is also not at their best time, hope everything got sorted out for Wink and his team.

pandalicious

Rough_Rock
Wasn’t aware that Paul left CBI?! Confident that CBI would be able to maintain their high standard, despite the departure of Paul being a big loss for them.

Not seeing the full picture, but it seems HPD is also not at their best time, hope everything got sorted out for Wink and his team.

Here was the announcement on Dec 4. I’m assured everything is running business as usual though! My recent order was completed as one would expect!

Dear Clients and Friends,

I need to address a situation which has been brought public. Today the Pricescope website announced a dispute involving High Performance Diamonds.

First, let me assure you that everything at High Performance Diamonds is business as usual. Our team is fulfilling current and new orders with the same enthusiasm, spirit and commitment to quality as we have had for the last 11 years.

The reported “dispute” is baseless fallout from an unfortunate situation.

At the end of June, Paul Slegers of Crafted by Infinity, confessed to disappropriation of funds from CBI’s parent company. As you can imagine, this was a shocking development. He was summarily dismissed. Crafted by Infinity’s US Director was able to continue providing access to the CBI inventory and our business has continued smoothly, with no interruption.

Paul Slegers has recently contacted Pricescope, falsely claiming to own my company, High Performance Diamonds. Out of an abundance of caution, Pricescope alerted their users to the existence of this “dispute”. I appreciate the rationale which prompts them to make this announcement and agree with their policy of full transparency toward consumers. We have provided Pricescope with all necessary documents to show that I started and own High Performance Diamonds and expect a resolution shortly.

This communication is to assure you there is no threat to my business, nor to my clients’ past, present or future projects with High Performance Diamonds.

My commitment to my clients is undiminished. My entire life has been spent building this wonderful business. Our entire team takes pride in our reputation. We take pride in our commitment to the highest quality standards in everything we do. We especially take

Thank you for listening. You can always contact me directly with questions. The entire HPD team sincerely appreciates your support.

Wink

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Here was the announcement on Dec 4. I’m assured everything is running business as usual though! My recent order was completed as one would expect!

I need to address a situation which has been brought public. Today the Pricescope website announced a dispute involving High Performance Diamonds.

First, let me assure you that everything at High Performance Diamonds is business as usual. Our team is fulfilling current and new orders with the same enthusiasm, spirit and commitment to quality as we have had for the last 11 years.

At the end of June, Paul Slegers of Crafted by Infinity, confessed to disappropriation of funds from CBI’s parent company. As you can imagine, this was a shocking development. He was summarily dismissed. Crafted by Infinity’s US Director was able to continue providing access to the CBI inventory and our business has continued smoothly, with no interruption.

Paul Slegers has recently contacted Pricescope, falsely claiming to own my company, High Performance Diamonds. Out of an abundance of caution, Pricescope alerted their users to the existence of this “dispute”. I appreciate the rationale which prompts them to make this announcement and agree with their policy of full transparency toward consumers. We have provided Pricescope with all necessary documents to show that I started and own High Performance Diamonds and expect a resolution shortly.

This communication is to assure you there is no threat to my business, nor to my clients’ past, present or future projects with High Performance Diamonds.

My commitment to my clients is undiminished. My entire life has been spent building this wonderful business. Our entire team takes pride in our reputation. We take pride in our commitment to the highest quality standards in everything we do. We especially take

Thank you for listening. You can always contact me directly with questions. The entire HPD team sincerely appreciates your support.

Wink

Thx so much for sharing this. To be honest, I am ... shocked. Obviously this is not a situation that one who loves CBI diamonds and Wink’s product & services would like to see. It’s really important that consumers remain confident in both CBI and HPD, your latest purchase is surely kind of that proof.

Glad you’ve added some sparkle to your jewellery box!

pandalicious

Rough_Rock
Thx so much for sharing this. To be honest, I am ... shocked. Obviously this is not a situation that one who loves CBI diamonds and Wink’s product & services would like to see. It’s really important that consumers remain confident in both CBI and HPD, your latest purchase is surely kind of that proof.

Glad you’ve added some sparkle to your jewellery box!

Thank you! I plan to post on SMTB at some point!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I had been wondering what happened at all as I’m not a customer so didn’t receive this communication.

Curious minds.

Can’t wait to see their new site!

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just surprised Wink hasn't been added back as a PS sponsor by now. I thought all that would have been resolved the first week after he showed his ownership paperwork. I hope he will also disclose something regarding future ownership since he may retire at some point. Upgrade policies are worthless if a new owner chooses not to honor upgrade policies from a former owner. I think he carries great diamonds. I just would buy with the idea that I might not be able to upgrade in 10 or 15 years unless there is further information about a co-owner who would carry on with the business as it is now. As much as Wink is respected here, I think it is still wise to realize there are unknowns about what happens after he is no longer owner for those who buy with the idea of upgrading later. We have already seen restrictions in upgrading from at least two vendors here even with the same ownership.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am just surprised Wink hasn't been added back as a PS sponsor by now. I thought all that would have been resolved the first week after he showed his ownership paperwork. I hope he will also disclose something regarding future ownership since he may retire at some point. Upgrade policies are worthless if a new owner chooses not to honor upgrade policies from a former owner. I think he carries great diamonds. I just would buy with the idea that I might not be able to upgrade in 10 or 15 years unless there is further information about a co-owner who would carry on with the business as it is now. As much as Wink is respected here, I think it is still wise to realize there are unknowns about what happens after he is no longer owner for those who buy with the idea of upgrading later. We have already seen restrictions in upgrading from at least two vendors here even with the same ownership.

It has been said that Wink has already picked a future owner and the upgrade policies will all be honored and will continue to be the same with a new ownership. However, Wink is not retiring anytime soon. I do not want people to be discouraged to purchase from HPD just because of some speculations. He is just as reliable as the rest of super-ideal vendors, if not more. Similar speculations/worries were present (for some) when Brian Gavin was leaving Whiteflash and people were questioning uncertainty of WF at that time as well.

The uncertainty of upgrade policies can be applied to any diamond vendor, not just HPD. Anything can happen to anyone at any point.

Last edited:

marrduk24

Shiny_Rock
All

I just want to add one clarification to make sure this thread doesn’t go in the wrong direction.

My purpose was to simply hear from people who may have bought from HP diamonds recently. This would be a helpful piece of information for me and others who may be considering buying from them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has been said that Wink has already picked a future owner and the upgrade policies will all be honored and will continue to be the same with a new ownership. However, Wink is not retiring anytime soon.

The uncertainty of upgrade policies can be applied to any diamond vendor, not just HPD. Anything can happen to anyone at any point.

All that was said about future ownership was prior to Paul being fired from CBI, too. Since he is apparently now claiming ownership, it is plausible to those of us who know nothing outside of the little we have been told, that perhaps Paul was the future owner.

You are correct that anything can happen. Any business can shut down or change owners. But in my opinion, there is greater uncertainty until we know more in regard to HPD. Anyone who plans never to upgrade should have no concerns about buying there now. I hope Wink lives to be 100 and continues to run the business if he chooses!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
All

I just want to add one clarification to make sure this thread doesn’t go in the wrong direction.

My purpose was to simply hear from people who may have bought from HP diamonds recently. This would be a helpful piece of information for me and others who may be considering buying from them.

I have been buying from them for the past year (multiple items actually, and have two more lined up for this year) and have received nothing but stellar service. They go above and beyond for their customers no matter how big/small of a purchase. I will continue buying from them because no other vendor has offered the quality and service like they did. And I have tried two other vendors (BG and WF) - I, without the doubt, went with HPD and have continued doing so since then. I hope this answers your question.

Last edited:

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
I just sent in my three diamonds this week to go back to a solitaire. I was told it was business as usual and they are working on getting a new website up and running. Now I’m wondering if there will be a name changed involved because of the dispute with Paul :think:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
All that was said about future ownership was prior to Paul being fired from CBI, too. Since he is apparently now claiming ownership, it is plausible to those of us who know nothing outside of the little we have been told, that perhaps Paul was the future owner.

You are correct that anything can happen. Any business can shut down or change owners. But in my opinion, there is greater uncertainty until we know more in regard to HPD. Anyone who plans never to upgrade should have no concerns about buying there now. I hope Wink lives to be 100 and continues to run the business if he chooses!

That is just a speculation regarding the uncertainty of what might or might not happen to HPD and I believe it is not fair to the brand to speculate of what may or may not happen to those who do want to upgrade. I do not need to know whether Wink will live to be 100 (I hope he will and more) in order to feel save with HPD. But this conversation is twisting a different direction so I will leave it at that.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll just end by saying that when PS suspends a sponsor, we have every right to question and assess what is going on with that vendor in light of future purchases. There has been a lot of silence here since that happened so naturally there will be speculation. I do hope all works out well for Wink, his business, and his customers. But further explanation would be necessary for me, personally, in any case like this regardless of who the vendor is.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, there is great uncertainty about what is going on with HPD and CBI and the related fall-out from Paul's firing/departure and alleged litigation surrounding all of that.

PS has not updated its Announcement thread which makes me think the situation is still unresolved.

To my knowledge this situation is not addressed whatsoever on HPD's website.

Potential CBI/HPD customers should be aware of this.

To the extent that customers have purchased from HPD in the last 6-12 months, likely those diamonds were already cut under the prior business structure/organization.

There has been no new inventory posted in the HPD website, and the HPD website has not been updated in some time. To me, these are all red flags. Others may not care.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results